where to keep Gita? ramayan? vedas?

Guest veer

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
On 07/01/2017 at 2:53 AM, Preeet said:

They're not books, they are granths.

Just keep them in another higher shelf with a ramala covering them.

Woah !    Why too much misunderstanding and lack of knowledge being displayed by nearly everyone on this thread.

The first thing to remember is that Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is not a book but our living Guru. When people ask why we take so much love and care for a "book" we tell them it isn't a "book" but our living Guru. Gita, Ramayan, Vedas, the Bible, the Koran etc are NOT living Gurus. They are mere books. Even the people of those books acknowledge that fact by placing them anywhere one would ordinarily find books such as a library or even where one wouldn't ordinarily expect to find books, such as hotel room drawers next to the yellow pages. The moment you start confusing our living Guru ji with mere 'books' is the day  we lose the argument with people that say we worship a book.

So, in answer to the OP: Put the Gita, Ramayan and Vedas anywhere you would ordinarily place any book in your house. They are just books.

Guest Jacfsing2

Side question, if someone were to have Dasam Granth at home should they keep it on a palki or bookshelf? (Before Gurugaddi of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, he was given a bed of even a higher quality than the bed Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji slept on, despite being the Guru at the time). 

Guest Respect

My views may seem a bit hurtful for my sikh people, but if i am in ur place, Either i dont take them home or i will put it on the same shelf as my gurbani scriptures are resting.

doesnt matter u love gurbani a lot but this GITA and other text is nothing but a knowledge about GOD

and if u have read geeta, ( I already done) it resembles most most of knowledge with gurbani, how can u put the name of God on a lower shelf?

Geeta focused on two main points about God:

1. HE is only one God

2. HE is omnipresent 

and so does our gurbani, there nah b slight slight differences but the time geeta was written it was the foremost available knowledge about the GOD

so dont put urself in a dilema, put it with same respect as gurbani(if u r a true GOD lover) 

if u have read AKAAL USTAT a few times, u won't have asked this question 

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
16 minutes ago, Preeet said:

They ALL deserve respect. Thinking that way will get you hate from other religions. Don't come crying when people of other religions would do the same with our Granths. If anyone is unable to give them respect then they can hand them over to someone who does follow that religion.

They (the people of those 'books') are laughing their heads off at your stupidity, uneducated and ill-informed idiocy. They (the people of those books), as I said before, acknowledge that their 'books' are just 'books'. As such, they are quite content in placing them everywhere and anywhere....i.e lying about on library shelves, in hotel desk drawers next to the telephone directory, and given away free of charge into the hands of the homeless, destitute, drunken and addicted. They do this because none of those faiths has a concept that is unique to Sikhism, i.e the fact that we have a living Guru, alive in print form. We show Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji  mighty respect not because we have love books, not because our Gurus instructed us to love books.....It is because Sri Guru Granth Saahib ji is NOT a book. It is our living Guru.

The people of the Gita, New Testament, Old Testament and Koran must be laughing their heads off at you. I don't think they ever thought they'd come across someone so silly he or she would equate their 'books' with THE Guru. 

Guest Jacfsing2
On 1/8/2017 at 8:32 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

Side question, if someone were to have Dasam Granth at home should they keep it on a palki or bookshelf? (Before Gurugaddi of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, he was given a bed of even a higher quality than the bed Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji slept on, despite being the Guru at the time). 

Just for the record, this was not a rhetorical question, but something to get an actual answer for.