simran345

Chaupai Sahib Jaap, Kirtan Darbar and Ardaas for Bhai Jagraj Singh

68 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I feel sad. This guy was one of the most inspirational, real talking brothers to emerge in this day and age. But I'm content that whatever happens his soul is highly blessed for his kamai. 

Same here and many others too, feels like know him so well but never ever met him, he is an amazing soul, that shared his knowledge with us all at our level, no matter what level somebody maybe, he got through to the masses. 

His nirmata (humbleness) and sabar (patience) has helped many people, whether young or old, different communities. The qualities God blessed him with shone through him and those that met him were lucky to experience a human being in this day and age teaching us about Waheguru.  

2 people like this

The one of the other sad thing's about this is our community badly needs people like him. The fact that he is one of very few who are intelligent, educated, British army trained, inspiring and wise western born sikh parchariks and spokeman's we have had for a generation. Who else is going to step up to the plate and do what jagraj has been able to do? He is a brand and basics of Sikhi doesn't have other people yet able to fill his shoes.

If you see other Sikh public figures not born in the west with broken English they are a complete embarrassment by putting themselves forward to catch the limelight but not being about to articulate what western/British Sikhs are saying to the wider public. And other British born Sikhs just don't have the media savy skills to navigate how to engage the audience and not fall into the anti-sikh traps of the racist mainstream.

3 people like this

32 minutes ago, genie said:

The one of the other sad thing's about this is our community badly needs people like him. The fact that he is one of very few who are intelligent, educated, British army trained, inspiring and wise western born sikh parchariks and spokeman's we have had for a generation. Who else is going to step up to the plate and do what jagraj has been able to do? He is a brand and basics of Sikhi doesn't have other people yet able to fill his shoes.

If you see other Sikh public figures not born in the west with broken English they are a complete embarrassment by putting themselves forward to catch the limelight but not being about to articulate what western/British Sikhs are saying to the wider public. And other British born Sikhs just don't have the media savy skills to navigate how to engage the audience and not fall into the anti-sikh traps of the racist mainstream.

We Sikhs (or should I say it's human nature) have a habit of creating a saviour or of pedastalising a person and almost creating a cult following.

Jagraj Singh did what everyone else has the ability to do as well and that is connect with the One. If you seen any of his videos, it's one of the things he iterates and re-iterates.

If you read Gurbani or read a hukamnama, Guru ji talks of many things but ultimately everything goes back to the source through naam. Guru ji talks in great depth about a lot of things but the ultimately the message is a very simple one.

We all have that jot within us. Jagraj Singh does not want you to follow him, all he really wants is for YOU TO TAP INTO YOUR POTENTIAL TO CONNECT WITH THE ONE THROUGH NAAM. (Sorry for the caps lock but I had to emphasise that point)

If people don't get that then they are missing the wood for the trees.

4 people like this

No one else had the courage to say what he said about topics our people generally run away from. 

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

No one else had the courage to say what he said about topics our people generally run away from. 

the ones who have may have said it in Punjabi , on other shores , the courage comes from accepting how to be a son or daughter of Guru ji and trusting in His apaar kirpa and piare. Guru ji tells how to be 'jo har ka piara, so sabhna ka piara'  aim for Guru ji's love and you capture the world's heart .

I was thinking on this subject  day before yesterday as I was waiting for sleep, about how we need to support and become the kind of gursikhs we need in our Panth , no one else will do it for us we all have to strive and share the load of parchaar/sewa/knowledge that our rattans such as the Basics of Sikhi team, SAS, SWAT, Khalsa Aid, SIkh Coalition etc etc have been shouldering , it is in the nature of life that people come and go and our rattans are the same .

I appreciate veer ji so much as he risked his family's livelihood to serve his Guru ji and has kickstarted and organised the important Sikh PA group, Tera Panth Vasse group and many, many worldwide mini parchaar teams . 

4 people like this

Jagraj Singh Ji was truly enlightened, and even though I did not watch many of his videos... the one which I watched about Guru Nanak Dev Ji being God himself... at that time I was not going to accept it. However later on in sehaj path, it is stated many times in the Guru Granth Sahib that the Guru is God himself. Any time I come across any of these lines, I do remember Bhai Jagraj Singh Ji having talked about it. He is truly highly spiritually enlightened, and the line below describes him. 

SGGS Ang 453

He is the man of spiritual wisdom, and he is the leader, whom God has made His own.

Edited by sikhni777
2 people like this

Waheguru, Sachey Paatsha, please Bless our brother Jagraj Singh ji and his family.  Kirpa Karro, Sachey Paatsha, Kirpa Karro.

Edited by kangw
4 people like this

**Programmes for Chardikala of Bhai Jagraj Singh & Family UPDATE Tuesday 6th Dec 2016**

Sangat Jee,

In just 5 days, 93 programmes have been organised. Thank you all for your continued support, chaupai sahibs, keertan, paatths and ardaas. 

As most of the programmes took place this past weekend, please check the following link for the remaining 13 programmes organised worldwide over the coming weeks. https://goo.gl/jTebCB.

If you are organising an event for Bhai Jagraj Singh & Family please let us know so we can update the google sheet. Instructions how to submit a programme are in the above link. 

Please take part in the Global Chaupai Sahib Jaap for the Chardi-kala of Bhai Jagraj Singh and his Family. Within four days, over 2300 Chaupai Sahibs have been recited. Benti let’s keep doing paatth - Let’s commit to 1 minimum per day. Please submit completed jaaps at the following link: https://goo.gl/qvbJIY.

Please see all the posters we have received for upcoming events. 

Tuesday 6/12/16

Warrington                         
When     Tues 6.12.16 7-8                    
Where     Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Dover Road, Latchford, Warrington, WA4 1NW                    
Programme     Kirtan, Chaupai Sahib, Ardaas                    
Contact     Raj Singh 07958 680184

https://m.facebook.com/Everythings13.BasicsofSikhi/posts/1250450001659731

2 people like this

The program on Sunday was beautiful, amazing Kirtan and simran.

Does anyone have a link to dowoad the lady with the guitar doing simran? very peaceful 

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, caveman said:

Does anyone have a link to dowoad the lady with the guitar doing simran? very peaceful 

You can get them from here, DGN Sounds tend record Samagams, the Kirtan your talking about was done by Qi-Rattan.

https://soundcloud.com/dgnsounds/sets/samagam-for-chardikala-of-bhai

2 people like this

11 hours ago, caveman said:

Yes, she does sing beautifully.  Jagdeep Kaur, and her husband compliment each other well.  I liked it when she said " hirde tho gaayieh". 

On 07/12/2016 at 11:24 AM, caveman said:

***UPDATE ON BHAI JAGRAJ SINGH'S HEALTH***

Sangat Ji,

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

We would like to update you about Bhai Jagraj Singh's health. Since the diagnosis, Jagraj Singh has been focusing on getting healthier. This has involved a combination of strengthening the immune system with supplements, eating well, alkaline and fruit juices, alternative therapies and treatments etc, as well as starting chemotherapy. 

Jagraj Singh and his family are eternally grateful to everyone who has sent their love and blessings and ask your apologies for not being able to respond to everyone but have been reading and appreciating your kind words. The prayers across the world have been overwhelming and we do ask people to continue to keep Jagraj Singh and his family in your Ardaas. 

We will continue keeping you updated. Thanks Ji. 

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1286974794673918&substory_index=0&id=245721062132635&__tn__=*s

Edited by simran345
1 person likes this

Sangat Ji, 

This Sunday 15th January, Jagraj Singh, Baljit Singh and other Basics of Sikhi Sevadars will be LIVE from 7pm on the Sikh Channel (Sky 829) for a live Q&A session and also to raise awareness, raise funds and answer questions about the#AmritsarInformationCentre project.

Please spread the word and be sure to tune in at 7pm.

If you want to be part of the studio audience to ask a question or share your thoughts, please inbox us on Facebook and we will try to accommodate you. If you can’t make it to the studio but still want to share your thoughts or ask a question, please inbox us on Facebook! 

1 person likes this

On 1/13/2017 at 8:56 PM, InderjitS said:

Sangat Ji, 

This Sunday 15th January, Jagraj Singh, Baljit Singh and other Basics of Sikhi Sevadars will be LIVE from 7pm on the Sikh Channel (Sky 829) for a live Q&A session and also to raise awareness, raise funds and answer questions about the#AmritsarInformationCentre project.

Don't have cable/sky. Is this available online now?

28 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Don't have cable/sky. Is this available online now?

The show was cancelled due to technical difficulties, but they did do a show for the Amritsar Visitor Centre from Birmingham. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1295222403849157&id=245721062132635&__tn__=*s

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1295281133843284&id=245721062132635&__tn__=*s

1 person likes this