Buisness ideas

Big_Tera

2 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

I assume same caste so that too isn't Gurmat.

Point is, nobody's perfect so why wrong others ?

I haven't wronged others, you have. Where in Gurmat does it tell us to buy son in laws or to give daaj, in order for a daughter to get married? 

You are the one that is encouraging guys to look for girls who are financially well off more than them and they don't have to do nothing themselves. I'm saying both the girl and guy can work themselves nowadays without taking handouts or mehne (accusations) from either family side that they did it for them. 

We live in western countries where a couple is able to build their own homes. You ever heard of mortgages and renting out? Even my millionaire cousins weren't given nothing to their javaiyis ( son in laws). The couples lived on rent, until they were in a position to get their own house. And what's so wrong with that? It's called independence. Every family I speak to nowadays, says the same thing, the kids won't live with them, they will work themselves and get their own places. 

My grandma never gave into daaj, she was a woman of strength and independence and she didn't have my grandfather to help, nor did my mother and our family did not get brainwashed into buying in laws. 

So what is so wrong in women being independent and the men working? Times have changed and if you can't respect that, then you are the one that is finds faults on others, making out you are perfect by encouraging girls families to give to the guys. 

Keep trying to pick faults in my life to belittle me, but at least I can say I didn't take any handouts  

And as for caste, what the hell has that got to do with daaj? Stop trying to link everything to Gurmat. And if you're trying to imply caste to my life. No we didn't know what caste my husband was, neither did I or my family ask, as caste means nothing to us. But obviously it does to you. 

Guest Jacfsing2
2 hours ago, simran345 said:

I haven't wronged others, you have. Where in Gurmat does it tell us to buy son in laws or to give daaj, in order for a daughter to get married? 

You are the one that is encouraging guys to look for girls who are financially well off more than them and they don't have to do nothing themselves. I'm saying both the girl and guy can work themselves nowadays without taking handouts or mehne (accusations) from either family side that they did it for them. 

We live in western countries where a couple is able to build their own homes. You ever heard of mortgages and renting out? Even my millionaire cousins weren't given nothing to their javaiyis ( son in laws). The couples lived on rent, until they were in a position to get their own house. And what's so wrong with that? It's called independence. Every family I speak to nowadays, says the same thing, the kids won't live with them, they will work themselves and get their own places. 

My grandma never gave into daaj, she was a woman of strength and independence and she didn't have my grandfather to help, nor did my mother and our family did not get brainwashed into buying in laws. 

So what is so wrong in women being independent and the men working? Times have changed and if you can't respect that, then you are the one that is finds faults on others, making out you are perfect by encouraging girls families to give to the guys. 

Keep trying to pick faults in my life to belittle me, but at least I can say I didn't take any handouts  

And as for caste, what the hell has that got to do with daaj? Stop trying to link everything to Gurmat. And if you're trying to imply caste to my life. No we didn't know what caste my husband was, neither did I or my family ask, as caste means nothing to us. But obviously it does to you. 

Forgive Daas's ignorance, but what's Daaj?

2 hours ago, simran345 said:

There is no such thing as independence in modern society. Interdependence maybe but not independence.

With price houses the way they are, bank of mum and dad are used to help with deposits.

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Forgive Daas's ignorance, but what's Daaj?

SIngh ji in the olden days when we didn't have laws to spilt inheirtances equally amongst the siblings , the girls were given their share in the form of gold and presents which she took to her in-laws to start her own household ,  even sagaan given was suppossed to seed money for the couple .That was in the days when a girl was supposed to be acceptable in the clothes she stood in and people actually honoured that sentiment .But these days what was originally egalatarian has become big business for the guy's side they try to emotionally blackmail the girl's family into giving larger and more expensive things until it has got to the point where the birth of a girl is seen as a curse , immediate finanacial catastrophe. That is why it is now  female foeticide is rampant in Punjab . 

Now legally in India and Abroad girls get their fair share so there is no need for dowry  and all this showy present giving .

Daaj actually supposed to be written dehej are all the items which the brides brings with her to her new home.  Gold jewellery,  furniture,  electrical appliances, her own clothes and kitchen utensils consist of these.

Sadly some in laws today still demand certain things like expensive clothing be supplied to the girl, which anyway she will wear herself.  Some demand expensive ceremonies and parties from the brides parents.  Such demands are forbidden for Sikhs.

There was a time back there some 35 years ago when a whole room was decorated with all the clothing and other stuff that the girl was going to be given and all ladies were shown these items. However now the show has reduced but some still want to stick to the old customs.

1 hour ago, sikhni777 said:

Daaj actually supposed to be written dehej are all the items which the brides brings with her to her new home.  Gold jewellery,  furniture,  electrical appliances, her own clothes and kitchen utensils consist of these.

Sadly some in laws today still demand certain things like expensive clothing be supplied to the girl, which anyway she will wear herself.  Some demand expensive ceremonies and parties from the brides parents.  Such demands are forbidden for Sikhs.

There was a time back there some 35 years ago when a whole room was decorated with all the clothing and other stuff that the girl was going to be given and all ladies were shown these items. However now the show has reduced but some still want to stick to the old customs.

can written either depending where in punjab the speaker is from , the inlaws are supposed to buy a bari which is a new clothing sets of suits for the bride to wear post marriage and includes jewllery too but compared the the amount of outlay is so little compared to the stuff that comes with the bride (I remember seeing what you are talking about back in the seventies when I was a kid at family weddings) . 

On Thursday, December 01, 2016 at 2:23 PM, jkvlondon said:

I answered your anti-sikh advice , and you showed your own low thinking  ....Yes if my Guru ji says earn your own bread with your own kirt di kamai , explain where he differentiates between his children based on sex . Yes there is no honour in sitting back and ripping off a girl .

Tell me,why if I say it straight that you are picking up bipran ki reet by thinking and suggesting such behaviour as a funding option  you went straight to who I married as a fault ? Now you are trying to further insult by implying I am not a faithful wife (above) . I think you need to rethink you words and also go back and see just how far you have fallen from the standards Guru ji gave you.  

As for OP , he had said he has funds he just wanted ideas for startups . OP Veer ji tried looking on YT there's a channel called minority mind  it's very good both on entrepreneurship and business acumen

I dont think singhbj knows ur married to a nonIndian.

Also i dont think by him saying "noone is a saint or sati savitri," he meant that no one was faithful. Thats just an expression meaning no one is all good.

....but I could be wrong...he has been on this forum for a long time. So maybe he knows. In which case...that was really messed up singhbj...went too low

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

I dont think singhbj knows ur married to a nonIndian.

Also i dont think by him saying "noone is a saint or sati savitri," he meant that no one was faithful. Thats just an expression meaning no one is all good.

....but I could be wrong...he has been on this forum for a long time. So maybe he knows. In which case...that was really messed up singhbj...went too low

he actually asked me and others directly the following , sure I may have criticised his mentality but still :

Let me ask Sangat which is Shameful  -

Following the norm getting arranged ie decision based on benefits

Or

Marrying daughter to a gora instead of Indian.