Body shaking during simran

Guest Singh

Whenever I do simran my body starts shaking, yesterday my head and hips were shaking pretty fast kind of like the Singhs you see at Akj smagams. I was just wondering why this is happening? 

Hi

Youre shaking off the maya, the negativity in your your energy channels and body, your body is correcting and purifying itself and allowing God to enter. 

As He takes you over, let Him. Practice Truth, apply Gurbani, become Gurbani. Be Niboah and Nirvair, Fearless because He's All and All Loving because He's All.  

To the OP:

From several answers on the topic of this thread, I found the below explanation / answer, the most reliable and satisfactory, given by an anonymous writer:

"Many people learn how to meditate and after a long period of meditation will experience rhythmical shaking or vibrations of the body.

What causes those vibrations after a prolonged or intense meditation session?

There's lots of possible explanations -- you have to see the person to know which one of the possible explanations is it.

Most people assume it's something high stage (out of egoity and pride) or out of ignorance or worry, most people misinterpret what's going on.

Few people are introspective enough to to discern the actual cause of these phenomena.

If they are really making progress, sometimes people will start to feel the chi inside the body start to move and clear out the chi channels because of meditation.

That often explains sensations of vibration or heat around the coccyx bone. After they learn how to meditate, some people, who are sick, will often feel the chi rolling around in their internal organs that are diseased, attempting to initiate the healing function.

If the lungs and kidneys are weak people usually feel the chi rolling on the left and right sides of the body. People with stomach and GI problems often feel the chi rolling around the abdomen. Those with liver or heart problems often feel the chi blocked in the chest.

Of course, these are just general indications and it's something Chinese medicine is easy to handle.

But when the whole body starts to shake, and the whole body seems to jump and the the limbs move, a person might naturally assume the positions of yoga or Tai Chi Chuan. Many consider this something mystical and wonderful and invent all sorts of explanations.

In China's past, many people practiced the martial arts form "divine boxing" because this phenomenon occurred in meditation.

Another offshoot was the practice of "tumbling cloud" kung-fu. Those who kept amplifying the results in this way experienced harmful effects.

Even if you assume yogic poses, you have to hold the pose with relaxation and mental emptiness for the chi and body to unwind; you cannot hop from one pose to the next and hope this does anything for you.

Actually, the external vibration and shaking phenomena is one-half mystical and one-half psychological in origins. There is a definite wind chi or energy component to the problem, and a definite causality due to self-suggestion.

As can be seen in the case studies from How to Measure and Deepen Your Spiritual Realization, many times people invent various scenarios in their mind which they work out or express through meditation gong-fu without knowing it consciously.

In this case, the people who experience this shaking are trying to unwind because they have too much nervous tension, but they don't even recognize it . Now that their mind is stilled, their body and chi has a chance to unwind.

This subconscious nervous tension most often causes the trembling of nerves and muscles. Then the hint of those subconscious influences enter the conscious mind where they are amplified and the tremors, trembling and vibrations become enhanced. A person can then start to shake and move their limbs about in a regular pattern, even assuming yoga positions or dance-like movements.

It's usually the case that ordinary people cannot determine the real cause behind these trembling sensations. Some fear it's a sign from God. Others fear it's the work of the devil. Some think it's something mystical from a past life or that yoga was invented this way.

Others believe they have developed divine powers or that their chi channels are opening and they indulge in these things, amplifying them even more.

Not only are all these wrong, but the worst case is when someone stops their meditation because of these results. All it's showing is pent-up stress, NERVOUS TENSION and psychological auto-suggestion that amplifies this problem as it's finding an outlet.

The real problems come when people over-indulge in these things and try to turn them into something mystical, as happens in religious cults.

When this sort of shaking occurs, the real chi of the body CANNOT enter in the front and back, tu-mai and jen-mai chi channels because it's preoccupied with circulation amidst the shaking limbs, ligaments and muscles.

So does that mean it's wrong?

No. It's just happening as a form of release, and if you are cultivating your mind and body to a state of health, let it go, let it unwind as a natural outlet to dissipate nervous tension. You should quiet your mind and relax, elevating yourself above this level of phenomena, so as to enter a state of mental quietude.

Don't think it's anything unusual except REAL proof you DO need meditation.

Don't amplify the phenomena but try to enter a deeper state of quietude, forget the body, and the nervous tension will subside and leave for good after a few times.

That's what you want."

Sat Sree Akal.

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:27 AM, Guest Singh said:

Whenever I do simran my body starts shaking, yesterday my head and hips were shaking pretty fast kind of like the Singhs you see at Akj smagams. I was just wondering why this is happening? 

Go back to reading Gurbani and learn the instructions from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  Also since you are now focusing on why the shaking is happening, what just happened to you concentration?  It went away from doing the simran of Akal Purakh and on the body's behaviour.  Focus on the Gurus feet and ask for his kirpa. 

Not including you into this list, but providing examples.  Many do Vaheguru simran but they are not remembering Akal Purakh.  They have learned from some worldly person who calls himself spiritual and misleads them.  The Guru is the teacher and he is to be consulted to understand how pray to Akal Purakh. 

Guest Abyasee
9 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Go back to reading Gurbani and learn the instructions from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  Also since you are now focusing on why the shaking is happening, what just happened to you concentration?  It went away from doing the simran of Akal Purakh and on the body's behaviour.  Focus on the Gurus feet and ask for his kirpa. 

Not including you into this list, but providing examples.  Many do Vaheguru simran but they are not remembering Akal Purakh.  They have learned from some worldly person who calls himself spiritual and misleads them.  The Guru is the teacher and he is to be consulted to understand how pray to Akal Purakh. 

Your advice is not advice and is just usual babble.  You obviously have very little knowledge of PRACTICAL simran and dhyian focus..  So, just lay off 'only 5'

FYI,   if this guy is doing abyaas AND focusing his Mann and Chit correctly with dhyaan,  ONLY the do these symptoms of cultivation arise.

OP, this is good progress but you just have to continue and keep focus on gurmantar. Body shakings, vibrations and sudden jerks .....are all signs of your prana  and nadees opening up.  These are like blocked channels with gates and sudden openings and breakthroughs result in physical body effects like you notice.

Advice is to try and ignore any of these things happening and try not to let anything distract you from simran.

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:40 AM, Guest Abyasee said:

Your advice is not advice and is just usual babble.  You obviously have very little knowledge of PRACTICAL simran and dhyian focus..  So, just lay off 'only 5'

FYI,   if this guy is doing abyaas AND focusing his Mann and Chit correctly with dhyaan,  ONLY the do these symptoms of cultivation arise.

OP, this is good progress but you just have to continue and keep focus on gurmantar. Body shakings, vibrations and sudden jerks .....are all signs of your prana  and nadees opening up.  These are like blocked channels with gates and sudden openings and breakthroughs result in physical body effects like you notice.

Advice is to try and ignore any of these things happening and try not to let anything distract you from simran.

So it's wrong to focus on the Guru as Gurbani says?  You tell the op to focus on Gurmantar.  What is gurmantar and how is it different from the Guru, since my advice to focus on the Guru is babbling for you? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I did simran today 15 min with dhian. Before I did many times when cooking driving m.m. but today I did correctly, as gavao sunie mann ko bhao. After some seconds, I started shaking, Waheguru jap became automatically. I felt my body lightly. When I øyemed my eyes, my vision was shaking. After 10 sec, I was feeling normal and started seeking here. It is a.lot of correct replies and I am bit confused. So I ll do experiment and say shukrana for 15 min with dhyan, since this word is not Similar with Waheguru ya Allah m.m. then if I dont experince same then I have found way to my Waheguru.