I think I saw Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Guest Spiritual soul

Guest Spiritual soul

I hope this doesn't sound strange or delusional to any one reading this. Maybe there are other people out there like me, who "know " things, or "see"things, without trying. I am a very spiritual person , who does not know how to read Gurbani, but deeply believes in the true Sikh way of life. I believe you should care for all human beings and try to help and show compassion for them. I was born in England, and raised in Canada. We used to attend the Gurdwara every weekend, when we were children, with my parents. I am an adult 47 year old woman now. I used to see auras in University. I didn't know what was happening, so I mentally blocked it , as it would take tremendous amounts of energy from me, and I needed to focus on my university studies( specializing in Political Science at the University of Toronto). After many years , I started noticing that I just "knew " things. Random things, such as who would be on the phone, before it rang, or very coincidental things of a very unbelievable nature, at times. I started to think I had some type of psychic ability. Now, I understand, its not psychic ability, but rather spirituality. Long story short, this weekend I was at the shopping mall with my 12 year old daughter, and when I turned back to look for her, I thought I saw an image of Guru Nanak Dev Ji on a Christmas poster. Then I turned away, and looked back again, and again I saw the same image , with Guru Nanak Dev Ji holding his hand up at me, with a halo around his head. The third time I looked back and saw my daughter, and I told her she might think this is weird, but I think I saw Guru Nanak Dev Ji. As soon as I told her, and looked back again, the image was gone. My daughter coincidentally believed me, as we've had many psychic type events happen to us, including my other 2 children. My daughter said she also saw Guru Nanak Dev Ji in the poster. Before we arrived at the mall, I had the thought of Guru Nanak Dev Ji flash across my mind. What does this mean, and is this real or possible? Has anyone else also experienced this? Outwardly I am not religious at all, but I am deeply spiritual inside, and everyday I pray to my 2 pictures of Guru Nanak dev Ji, and Guru Gobind Singh Ji, which are hung in my living room.

Some people are just spiritually connected that way. It maybe you have done bhagti in your last life that has carried over into this one, that you are experiencing these extra senses. The thing to remember is not to get ahankar (ego) with it and not to tell others to boast of it, as people may also not believe you. But you have mentioned your children experiencing events too, so for their protection, not to broadcast it everywhere. Also not to use this in order to make a profit or use it for anything. 

If it's happening frequently, try to see a high spiritual soul who can explain it better. But I think somebody on here will advise more than me. 

Also, have you have all the necessary health checks done, blood tests etc? 

You should not let these things affect your daily life and don't dwell on them. 

Hopefully somebody else can add more to this. 

On 28/11/2016 at 6:24 AM, Guest Spiritual soul said:

I hope this doesn't sound strange or delusional to any one reading this.

It may have sounded delusional to me, however I just came across this book - Angels in my hair at the library. Reading the first 2 pages I was hooked. The book was about how this lady saw the spirits of all people. She could actually talk to angels and see a lot of things going around her. Her whole story and her future was told to her by them. She even saw the spirits of her children come to visit her home before they were born. She could see everyones auras and she could see alot of things going around her all the time. 

God had a purpose for her as a healer. This beautiful book though Christian based, gives a look into the work which God and his angels are doing every single day. This lady was being shown a lot of things by Angels. She even saw God descending down from heaven in the form of a handsome person in satsangat. 

Hence when Gurbani says vixh sangat har prabh vase jio - you know God is there. All the Gurus are around us - there is alot more around us - which has been hidden from us. We would be very distracted if God showed us all what is happening around us. 

God had a plan for her life which was to make her into an angel, hence she was being given lots of training by the angels themselves. They told her so much and yet they still did not answer her questions. Therefore when Gurbani tells us that God is beyant, he indeed is beyant. No one can understand the good work he does by sending his angels and help for us day and night. 

If he revealed to us in all his glory, then his darshan would be really marvellous as the lines in SGGS state. We are the ones who limit ourselves and limit the heavenly powers which hang around us wanting to work through us. Therefore we have to learn to slowly start to see God is us and all around us. Then we will truly come to realise that the Guru, his disciples, and God all have the same spirit. all work together for the one common cause - goodness and divinity. 

Blessed are those who can get darshan as most of Gurbani has the devotees asking and begging for darshan. 

mera mun loche Gur darshan tayi. 

https://www.sikhnet.com/gurbani/audio/mera-man-loche-gurdarshan-tain

Gur ka darshan dekh dekh jeeva. 

As I remember the Giani Ji say, when a devotee prays - for a certain amount of time with great devotion - then you get the feeling that you want to see God and Guru Ji with your eyes. Then if Guru Ji wants - you can get darshan which is powerful and it can further take you to higher spiritual heights as when you get partakh darshan - the powers which are left behind are truly cooling to the mind. 

Another example is of Dhana Bhagat getting his darshan from the stone which he was worshipping. However when God left him, he suggested to him to perform further bhagti and get darshan of his saroop which we can see in our mind. I think it is called his sargun saroop. This is above what we can see with our eyes. Therefore the next stage for you would be to go above the pictures state and do simran in your mind. 

Hi

I've experienced the same things, you're not alone here. 

Darshans are indicators that you are on the right path and can come with messages and gyan for you to learn and apply.

I remember one of the Darshans I had of Guru Nanak Ji was so strong and evoked such a love in my heart (that i'd never felt in my life for anyone or anthing) that I decided there that I would follow the path and never doubt God's existence, even though I was surrounded by Maya. I used to have darshans of Him and other things that would bring me to tears.

Focus on the Nirgun now, you saw His Sargun image- God in Form, telling you to have Faith and follow Truth- these Darshans don't happen for no reason, you should respect them.

In reality He is beyond Form, image, caste and creed. He is Nothing but a frequency beyond which mortals can comprehend.

Practice and apply Gurbani to your life- Bani is Guru, Guru is Bani. Read the English translations. Become Gurbani.

Feel free to make an account and pm me on here.

Also, you're not delusional, don't ever doubt yourself, trust and believe in Truth- in Spirituality. Real spirituality is detaching from the rubbish of the khel and teaching others out of it as well. 

As our Gurus did for themselves and for the masses. 

hello ji

this happens with some people. my nanni (mothers mother) has now passed away, its been around 4 years. but she told us, since she got married into the family in the late 50s, that she has been seeing an ancestor of the family. she use to say, that he does not speak neither has he told her who he is, but she just knew he was an ancestor. she used to say he is dressed in a long white chola, white dastar and has a long white flowing beard and has light around him. we live in the UK so my mother use to ring my nanni once a week and my nanni sometimes use to tell my mum that she saw him today. she use to describe him silently walking through the bhera/garden. sometimes nanni just use to be sitting on the manjha outside and he used to just walk past out of nowhere and into nowhere.  she saw him throughout her life and he even used to physically lend her support when she was tired or exhausted. when nanni got really old and was in her last days she used to tell us on the phone that she started seeing him more frequently. 

my nanni was a true sikh. she knew how to read and write and used to read paath everyday without fail. everyday for decades without fail she went to the local gurdwara in the pind at 4am and cleaned it and the path leading to the gurdwara. she was very brave and had a lot of love for guru gobind singh ji. she always used to talk about him and went to hazur sahib several times in her life, she was very inspired by him 

8 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Guest its me, 

The word you used for garden "bhera". I have never heard before, can u explain it?

I say bhera also. But we say it for in houses in Punjab in the pinds. 

We call it the open space that is in the middle or front of the rooms. Some may call it as garden type sitting area to relax and it maybe located elsewhere, depending on the design of the house. 

Guest guest itsme
17 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Guest its me, 

The word you used for garden "bhera". I have never heard before, can u explain it?

bhera is the open outdoor space in every house in the pind, its where they keep the cows and tractors. basically its a garden 

On Saturday, December 03, 2016 at 1:21 AM, simran345 said:

I say bhera also. But we say it for in houses in Punjab in the pinds. 

We call it the open space that is in the middle or front of the rooms. Some may call it as garden type sitting area to relax and it maybe located elsewhere, depending on the design of the house. 

Do you guys mean Verha/verda? Thats wat we call the courtyard/ frontyard with cows n stuff. Like ਵੇੜਾ or ਵਿਹੜਾ