If there was a referendum on Khalistan tomorrow...

Premi5

Guest Jacfsing2
11 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

How would those in Punjab (remembering there are Hindus, Muslims, Christians too) vote as a percent of Yes vs No?

If NRI Sikhs were to vote, how would it compare by country, e.g. UK, USA, Canada, Italy?

The Sikhs would vote yes especially those who sre devout, while the less devout are likely to vote no, Non-Sikhs in general would vote no; however, the Non-Hindus could vote yes as they probably feel less free in India.

Also Sikhs in the Diaspora aren't NRIs, they are citizens of their home country for the most part, (NRIs actually have to be Indian Citizens and Diaspora Sikhs aren't Indian Citizens).

It would be a big fat 'no' if there was a vote tomorrow. If you went to the panjab you would see why (go villages and cities). I've seen the Punjab change since my first visit in the 80s (go every few years). The youth (majority) are more concerned with being 'cool', being Bollywood types or working on how to escape the punjab. The media is tightly controlled and people take what the media say as 'gospel'. Panjab has also become more heterogeneous in its make up with lots more Muslims and bihari types living their now , whilst the educated Sikhs have left the region. I'll give you an example in the 80s I don't recall any visible mosques in Jallandhar, last time I went there were a few which were visible. A demographic bomb has been unleashed in panjab and the demographics are only going one way and it's not towards strengthening khalistani views in panjab. Add to this the extremely corrupt and 'picked' political and civil structure of panjab, which is intrinsically opposed to khalistan. The only way khalistan would win in any vote would be to offer lots of money for each vote as that's central to so many people's lives there. Don't believe me? Go there and meet and chat to a wide variety of people there and you'll see what I mean. I also realise that the people of panjab are just victims of all this as they have been played to suppress any repeat off the past where they could be a strong independent region.

13 hours ago, weareallone said:

This so called khalistan is deeply offensive and derogatory to me and my Guru- if only you would begin to understand that the whole world, the whole universe and beyond is home to the Sikh and that anyone can be a Sikh.

The purpose of Sikhs is to usher in a new age of sat yug. This is a global situation. Most if not all of you are residents of Western countries. Conduct your duties and responsibilities as a Sikh where you live. Sikhs are to be the example of the absolute truth in society. The Guru rejects boundaries and political maps. There is no religion called Sikhism- it is the universal truth for one and all and the so called sikhs are failing in this regard- merely wanting to copy the abrahamic religions, each of whom have their own holy cities and nations. Sikhs are beyond religion. They are beyond nations. They are meant to be the embodiment of the Guru, sacrificing their lives to make this world a better place.

Yet the trending topics on this forum right now are "Gurdwara fight", "Khalistan referendum" and "Intercaste marriage". As a non Punjabi, these topics have nothing to do with me. As a Sikh and world citizen, my duty is only to the Guru.

The most pressing issues in the world today are environmental destruction and global warming, capitalism and consumerism and the political-religious warmongering.

Whilst the world is headed to certain destruction, the Guru looks to the Khalsa who he gave the responsibility to protect and save the world. Yet where is this Khalsa? Busy carrying the cultural baggage from their great-grandfather's pind?

People are being blown up with grenades by paramilitary in North Dakota. Standing rock will be remembered by future generations as a historic ocassion when those who stood for the right values in society, fought and gave their all for a better world. God will always remember that the so called Sikhs of the 21st century, busy banging on about some hypothetical religious Vatican City/Mecca style religious nation state where they can practice their tainted and culturally-loaded religion and brandish big egos and weaponary and raise slogans against people they hate.

What happens to these big egos and kirpans when it's time to face up to the fact that unless the world acts RIGHT NOW, global fresh water supplies will run out by 2040, war extreme suffering will prevail (UN report). Those very same people who talk big become mice and hide in the crevices. Are they sikhs?

Now before you get upset and rant against this message, just think about what the Guru expects of you. A true Sikh is one who, upon hearing the words of ethics or of personal failure, will drop before the Guru and beg for guidance and strength. Be that Sikh. Dhan Guru Granth Sahib ji, the one and only Guru, the Shabad Guru is here for one and all to guide. Seek the Guru. Leave behind your great-grandtather's cultural baggage. Reject religion. Accept only God. Give your head to the Guru and mean it. Save the world. Do it now.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

If you don't know anything about Sikhism, then you should keep your mouth shut. 

You have just insulted all the  

Shaeads of Sikhs.  I have never read such an asinine post on sikh forum. Take your stuff to Hindu leaders or who ever they are!

On 25 November 2016 at 7:45 AM, weareallone said:

This so called khalistan is deeply offensive and derogatory to me and my Guru- if only you would begin to understand that the whole world, the whole universe and beyond is home to the Sikh and that anyone can be a Sikh.

The purpose of Sikhs is to usher in a new age of sat yug. This is a global situation. Most if not all of you are residents of Western countries. Conduct your duties and responsibilities as a Sikh where you live. Sikhs are to be the example of the absolute truth in society. The Guru rejects boundaries and political maps. There is no religion called Sikhism- it is the universal truth for one and all and the so called sikhs are failing in this regard- merely wanting to copy the abrahamic religions, each of whom have their own holy cities and nations. Sikhs are beyond religion. They are beyond nations. They are meant to be the embodiment of the Guru, sacrificing their lives to make this world a better place.

Yet the trending topics on this forum right now are "Gurdwara fight", "Khalistan referendum" and "Intercaste marriage". As a non Punjabi, these topics have nothing to do with me. As a Sikh and world citizen, my duty is only to the Guru.

The most pressing issues in the world today are environmental destruction and global warming, capitalism and consumerism and the political-religious warmongering.

Whilst the world is headed to certain destruction, the Guru looks to the Khalsa who he gave the responsibility to protect and save the world. Yet where is this Khalsa? Busy carrying the cultural baggage from their great-grandfather's pind?

People are being blown up with grenades by paramilitary in North Dakota. Standing rock will be remembered by future generations as a historic ocassion when those who stood for the right values in society, fought and gave their all for a better world. God will always remember that the so called Sikhs of the 21st century, busy banging on about some hypothetical religious Vatican City/Mecca style religious nation state where they can practice their tainted and culturally-loaded religion and brandish big egos and weaponary and raise slogans against people they hate.

What happens to these big egos and kirpans when it's time to face up to the fact that unless the world acts RIGHT NOW, global fresh water supplies will run out by 2040, war extreme suffering will prevail (UN report). Those very same people who talk big become mice and hide in the crevices. Are they sikhs?

Now before you get upset and rant against this message, just think about what the Guru expects of you. A true Sikh is one who, upon hearing the words of ethics or of personal failure, will drop before the Guru and beg for guidance and strength. Be that Sikh. Dhan Guru Granth Sahib ji, the one and only Guru, the Shabad Guru is here for one and all to guide. Seek the Guru. Leave behind your great-grandtather's cultural baggage. Reject religion. Accept only God. Give your head to the Guru and mean it. Save the world. Do it now.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Awesome post :)  I agree. Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught, there is no Hindu and no Muslim for a reason, Truth cannot be confined to a religion a caste or a creed. The Gurus taught the pure uncorrupted Truth of the ages, as Satguru Gobind Ji explained, it was the Truth other teachers were sent to teach, but they became corrupted over time. Finally He sent the Gurus to teach the same Truth but in more depth as they were highly and likely the highest evolved souls to that date. 

If people in Punjab want a seperate state, they should be allowed to have it, after all of the atrocities of the past, it may give people more of a piece of mind and security. People in Punjab and all over the world have indeed been wronged beyond belief by the Hindu government and I doubt there will ever be trust for a mass murdering government like the one in power again nor should there be. 

But the govt will no doubt still be corrupt as many Sikh leaders are today. The blessing of the Gurus being leaders were that they were spiritually sound, hence no amount of corruption, bribery, or ego of power could get to them. They were leaders beyond maya and accepted themselves to be Nothing and gave all Glory to God himself, seating God Himself on the throne, they were accepting that they were empty vessels of His. 

None of this mayadhari Ego of power and position bullsh*t.

Not to to mention the fact the Illuminati now monopolises the world as it does the majority of the worlds wealth, as they themselves stated with their own mouths, whoever owns the majority of the worlds wealth, runs the world governments.

Truth is of course Universal, Baba Nanak Ji showed us that when he travelled to a different planet and bought back parshaad, only a fool could think it belongs solely to brown people in a section of the world, Guru Ji travelled wide and far in acceptance of this teaching to the masses. Gurdwarras exist wide and far and this again is testament to this.