Massive fight breaks out at Sikh temple boxing match

singhbj singh

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't think these things were reintroduced into the panth because of these granths. I think these granths just exposed the norms of our ancestors. We are ones with the problems with it, our ancestors thought differently. They were more open minded. 

Yes but the panth also got rid of them n stopped using them and now they r being reintroduced. Im not saying they were not used in the past, im saying they should not be reintroduced on the basis of 'it was done in past so we must do so now' we can either deny this happened in the past, which is getting harder to do, ( because it creates more divisions n doubts n the denying has moved up to dasam granth n to even SGGS ji)  so our only option seems to be to acknowledge their were faults in our ancestors, which we should accept if we r willing to accept n live off of their greatness. 

Also like u mentioned those times were grim n these tools were maybe needed, but we dont at this time. If opium is afeem, im not surprised it was used. Alot of painkillers today are derived from opium n also in panjab it is considered a legit medicine. My dad was forcing me to take it some time back as protection against the cold, as its supposed to be very 'garam' and my dads amritdhari n he was like we dont mind eating nashe in medicine n this is same thing but purer blah blah. But i didnt as it would be against the chaar kurehits. I understand in extreme circumstances or for a righteous cause....

Ive also heard alcohol is a very good antiseptic, to prevent infection in wounds, so i think it would have been a good idea to carry some in the old days...but ppl now a days would use this as evidence to undermine rehit.

14 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I didn't know this happens.

Sadly I have seen this too many times in India in gatherings of relatives. It is not so common in the west as it is in India. But I have always seen this in older generations. The younger Amritdharis are better observant Sikhs than the older generations.

Guest Jacfsing2
5 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

The younger Amritdharis are better observant Sikhs than the older generations.

Hopefully this path continues rather than the confusing stuff our ancestors had to through from the last 100 years?