40 Path Shri Sukhmani Sahib ji

Guest SIngh

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Waheguru pyari Sadh Snagat ji Je koi veer bhen mere question da answer de sake ta mai usda dilo dhanwadi howaga!

Waheguru ji mai Shri Sukhmani Sahib JI de 40 path arabh kite c, As full time job in outside and kuj problems karke vich gap pe gya mai aje v pure karna chaunda han and I am doing my best.

Mai eh janna chaunda han ke Sukhmani Sahib ji de path sanu 40 diin vich pure karne hunde ne ja 40 path karne hunde ne bina time de?

Sangat da Das!

Singh

On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 7:24 PM, Guest SIngh said:

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Mai eh janna chaunda han ke Sukhmani Sahib ji de path sanu 40 diin vich pure karne hunde ne ja 40 path karne hunde ne bina time de?

Sangat da Das!

Singh

Guest Singh Jee,

your devotion and love for Wahiguru are clear, as per your sentiments expressed above in your post.

I would just ask you, or rather tell you that, the bliss, the anand, the peace, love and faith, we look for doing His bhakti, is not got by repeating any number of times any paath, be it may, Sukhmani Sahib.

You see, by doing so, we are no better than the hindus who perform such practices.

What benefit is got by repeating 40 or any X number of times any Bani?  Have we ever asked ourselves, why do we do so? Do you think, that by repeating it once and understanding it throughly is not enough?

You see, doing any Bhakti of Him, is not like homework given to us by teachers, that we have to repeat it X number of times, in order to get the purpsose of studying it.

Even in academic studies, we do not write X amount of times the lessons we learn, to pass those exams. The thing is to understand, and to apply it acordingly, that is the purpose.  What use is doing X number of times the paath of any Bani, if we do not do, on what is being told us to do. What use is for example in repeating a particular recipe, if we do not follow it and cook it. The hunger is not satisfied by reading and repeating the recipe, but in doing as we are told in preparing that delicious dish. In doing so, we shall definetely taste how delicious it is, and at the same time satisfy our hunger.

In the same way, nowhere Guru Jee tells us to repeat X number of times, in order to taste Amrit Bani within us.

So do not think that by doing any number of times paath, your sewa of devotion is somehow finished. You may go through Sukhmani or any Bani, as many times as you may want, as long as feel you have not understood it properly, or just to feel the bliss by doing it, and feel the infinite inmensity of Akal Purukh, and thus keep the flame of desire in having His darshan, by His apaar kirpa, that´s it.

You see, Bani is not difficult, rather is very very straight forward.

Many a times we can see complete gyan in just one verse from the "pooran Bani". Such wonderful is the Bani of Guru Jee.

In the case of Sukhmani Sahib, for example we see, Prabh ka Simran, garbh na baseh. So the key is Prabh Ka Simran.

Our purpose in human form is to get united and becoming one with Wahiguru, isn´t it so? And for that purpose, see how Panchvee Patshahee, in just one verse, summarizes the true gyan of Parmarath, that also in simple words, which even the lowest of lowest jeev can understand without any doubt.

Just see the great greatness of Panchvee Patshahee, how gracefully He blesses us, with the eternal Truth of  His Naam.

The benefit of the Gurbani, is not in repeating it X number of times, but in understanding and applying it practically in our own lives, that also, as soon as possible, before yam doots come and take away our pranas.

"Saas saas simroh Gobind" :

This is the true paath of His Naam, we have to do with love and devotion.

That also, not any X number of times, but, with each inhalation and exhalation, as long as we are alive.

Dhan Dhan Satguru Amar Das Maharaj, also tells us something similar in Raag Vadhans:

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਅਬਿਗਤੁ ਅਗੋਚਰੁ ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਬਿਧਾਤਾ

Har Nam Hamara Prabh Abigath Agochar Abinasee Purakh Bidhhatha

हरि नामु हमारा प्रभु अबिगतु अगोचरु अबिनासी पुरखु बिधाता

The Lord's Name is my immortal, unfathomable, imperishable Creator Lord, the Architect of Destiny.

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਮ ਸ੍ਰੇਵਹ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਮ ਪੂਜਹ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੇ ਹੀ ਮਨੁ ਰਾਤਾ

Har Nam Ham Sraeveh Har Nam Ham Poojeh Har Namae Hee Man Ratha

हरि नामु हम स्रेवह हरि नामु हम पूजह हरि नामे ही मनु राता ॥

I serve the Lord's Name, I worship the Lord's Name, and my soul is imbued with the Lord's Name.

ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੈ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਕੋਈ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਸੂਝੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੋ ਅੰਤਿ ਛਡਾਤਾ

Har Namai Jaevadd Koee Avar N Soojhai Har Namo Anth Shhaddatha

हरि नामै जेवडु कोई अवरु न सूझै हरि नामो अंति छडाता

I know of no other as great as the Lord's Name; the Lord's Name shall deliver me in the end.

Guest Singh Jee,

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.