Guest J SINGH

30 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

It is a modern sect created to suit the needs of those who dont want to adopt sikhi as it is .... take amrit, stop having meat etc. The way it came across to me was a sangat like the mandhir. (Not that we supported it - everyone in our family is amrit dhari and all kids wear dastar and no one eats meat or has ever touched alcohol... apart from our father in law)

So these people pray to God - listen to vichaar - all in the absence of the parkash of SGGS. Parshaad is served at the end as a dish. You eat it with your spoon in your plate. Therefore because there is no parkash you are free to walk in with shoes etc. No need to cover your head although shabads from SGGS are being recited. Unfortunately one of our family members is married to a girl whose parents believe in it - that is why we were invited to attend the sangat. They have their own building where they meet and hold these so called satsangs. They do not do the ardaas as it has the ten Gurus names in it. They however quote freely from the bhagat jis banis. They even do jaap sahib. In fact one of the speakers recited it and explained the meanings in a very clear manner - He claimed he had been recitinng the bani from childhood. 

Well we are still trying to make sense of what they are actually trying to achieve - perhaps modernisation is the word. Pick and Choose. 

The people who invited us - kept making it clear that there was nothing anti-sikh going on....only time will tell where we will go with all this.

Everything described about them, isn't pro-Sikhi either.  

perhaps modernisation is the word. Pick and Choose. "

Pick and choose are the words to describe it.  

On 8 November 2016 at 0:50 AM, Guest J SINGH said:

I have been a sikh follower all my life, love the gurus and my guru the Guru Granth sahib

WHY OH WHY HAS SIKHISM SPLIT THE RELIGION INTO SO MANY FACTIONS, SOME I DONT EVEN KNOW SO PLEASE ENLIGHTEN

AKJ

NANAKSHAR

NAHANG

ESHKAM

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ONE GOD - ONE RELIGION AND WHY DO WE HAVE SO MANY SECTS!!!

Read Gurbani 

http://beta.igurbani.com/shabad/1423?verseId=16796