Guest J SINGH

Guest J SINGH

I have been a sikh follower all my life, love the gurus and my guru the Guru Granth sahib

WHY OH WHY HAS SIKHISM SPLIT THE RELIGION INTO SO MANY FACTIONS, SOME I DONT EVEN KNOW SO PLEASE ENLIGHTEN

AKJ

NANAKSHAR

NAHANG

ESHKAM

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ONE GOD - ONE RELIGION AND WHY DO WE HAVE SO MANY SECTS!!!

4 hours ago, Guest J SINGH said:

I have been a sikh follower all my life, love the gurus and my guru the Guru Granth sahib

WHY OH WHY HAS SIKHISM SPLIT THE RELIGION INTO SO MANY FACTIONS, SOME I DONT EVEN KNOW SO PLEASE ENLIGHTEN

AKJ

NANAKSHAR

NAHANG

ESHKAM

A search on Google will tell more about these sampradayas. 

Some of the the spellings are not quite right: 

AKJ - Akhand Kirtani Jatha 

Nanaksar

Nihang

Never heard of Eshkam, maybe it's Guru Nanak Nishkam Sevak Jatha ?

Guest Jacfsing2
4 hours ago, Guest J SINGH said:

AKJ

NANAKSHAR

NAHANG

ESHKAM

It actually isn't that big of a deal if you really look at it. The different groups can still come together and allow differences; there are differences within individual Jathas, (for example, Tapoban Sahib in Toronto is AKJ; however, even they do stuff which is different from main-stream AKJ). If you brought 5 Christians from different groups they would have theological arguments, if you bring 5 Sikhs from different groups the argument will be whether to have a Blue/Yellow Nishan Sahib or an Orange Nishan Sahib. (In all seriousness the stuff we argue about isn't as bad as arguing on the very ideals of faith, like other religions have it).

Guest Ik Onkar Satnaam

Bhai Gurdas ji wrote that Baba Nanak ji united the 4 castes of Hinduism and the 78 sects of Islam and all others by saying Ik Onkar.

Baba Nanak Ji himself wrote "chea ghar chea gur chea updes. gur gur eko ves anek.  Baba jai ghar keerat hoi so ghar rakh vadaee toee."  Meaning in Hindusim there were 6 main schools of teaching, each with their own founder and teachings, but God remains one even though His ways are many.  O Lord may that house (way) remain great where Your praises are sung.

Gurbani says that "ik pita ekas kay hum barik tu mera gur haee ..One Father I am His child, You are my supreme Lord."

Dhan Guru Gobind Singh ji says "manas kee jat ek pehchanbo"  - recognise the human race as ONE.

Even Dhan guru Granth Sahib ji has bhagats and poets from all corners, castes and religions, put into ONE scripture (GRANTH).  

So praise Ik Onkar SatNaam - One God Named TRUTH.  Focus on the ONE HIGHEST GURU and you will be in peace with all religions and all groups.  But focus on the MANY and you will be confused and frustrated.

God bless all.

On 07/11/2016 at 7:20 PM, Guest J SINGH said:

They all still get together and get their shabads and message from one source - the SGGS. (The true Guru)

You have forgotten to add the Nirankaris. 

All sects still get together and do one jaap - Hari, Ram - waheguru......... so forget the sects and think of the one God whichever sangat or Guradwara you choose to go to. As you get more gyan you will realise ... that sects affect those who have a lower spiritual level. As you go higher - you will it is one energy, one God and one source of all our blessings and all people in their hearts pray just to that one God - all in different ways. 

3 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

They all still get together and get their shabads and message from one source - the SGGS. (The true Guru)

You have forgotten to add the Nirankaris. 

All sects still get together and do one jaap - Hari, Ram - waheguru......... so forget the sects and think of the one God whichever sangat or Guradwara you choose to go to. As you get more gyan you will realise ... that sects affect those who have a lower spiritual level. As you go higher - you will it is one energy, one God and one source of all our blessings and all people in their hearts pray just to that one God - all in different ways. 

The nirankaris are NOT sikhs they are the murderers of sikhs look it up 1978 shaheeds

Penji I have just attended sangat which they hold. It is very much a sect pulling in a wide variety of community into them.  They offer amazing lectures.  We were a bit sceptical attending at first but came away.... understanding they preach Guru Nanak Dev jis message. It may just be picking up- yes but it is there...  in modernized format.

1 hour ago, sikhni777 said:

Penji I have just attended sangat which they hold. It is very much a sect pulling in a wide variety of community into them.  They offer amazing lectures.  We were a bit sceptical attending at first but came away.... understanding they preach Guru Nanak Dev jis message. It may just be picking up- yes but it is there...  in modernized format.

Was it Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji message to elect Gurus that are not Gurus after Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji? I know the modernization you are speaking of.  Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji had a hawk sit on his hand and the niramkari Guru had a hawk sit on his wife's head.  Your understanding of modernization amazes me, pleasetell me more.

It is a modern sect created to suit the needs of those who dont want to adopt sikhi as it is .... take amrit, stop having meat etc. The way it came across to me was a sangat like the mandhir. (Not that we supported it - everyone in our family is amrit dhari and all kids wear dastar and no one eats meat or has ever touched alcohol... apart from our father in law)

So these people pray to God - listen to vichaar - all in the absence of the parkash of SGGS. Parshaad is served at the end as a dish. You eat it with your spoon in your plate. Therefore because there is no parkash you are free to walk in with shoes etc. No need to cover your head although shabads from SGGS are being recited. Unfortunately one of our family members is married to a girl whose parents believe in it - that is why we were invited to attend the sangat. They have their own building where they meet and hold these so called satsangs. They do not do the ardaas as it has the ten Gurus names in it. They however quote freely from the bhagat jis banis. They even do jaap sahib. In fact one of the speakers recited it and explained the meanings in a very clear manner - He claimed he had been recitinng the bani from childhood. 

Well we are still trying to make sense of what they are actually trying to achieve - perhaps modernisation is the word. Pick and Choose. 

The people who invited us - kept making it clear that there was nothing anti-sikh going on....only time will tell where we will go with all this.