how to grow my hair faster?!

Guest myhair

hi everyone 

i stopped cutting my hair a couple of months back, i think its been about 3 months. i still trim my dhari but i was getting this urge not to cut my hair for a while and then i finally stopped :-)

this urge to not cut my hair came when i started doing simran and stopped eating meat. now the thing is my hair is just over 4inches long! how can i make it grow faster? i really want it to be longer. i wear a patka when i go out.  the other day my laptop crashed so i took it to this singh who repairs laptops mobiles etc i had seen this singh out and about before and once went to get my phone repaired from him. this time he asked me if i have kesh or if i just randomly wore patka. i told him how im not cutting my hair and he was like very good etc. the thing is it made me really paranoid! like do i just look like a monah wearing patka! i asked him and he said yes and no both. he said because your wearing "flat" patka it looks like you could have kesh or be monah, both.    im going india in december 22nd and i want my hair to be at least long enough so i can put an elastic band around them!  this singh told me to put yogurt on my hair as it will make it grow faster.

anyone know what else i can do! ?

Guest Jacfsing2
On 10/31/2016 at 6:53 PM, Guest myhair said:

hi everyone 

i stopped cutting my hair a couple of months back, i think its been about 3 months. i still trim my dhari but i was getting this urge not to cut my hair for a while and then i finally stopped :-)

this urge to not cut my hair came when i started doing simran and stopped eating meat. now the thing is my hair is just over 4inches long! how can i make it grow faster? i really want it to be longer. i wear a patka when i go out.  the other day my laptop crashed so i took it to this singh who repairs laptops mobiles etc i had seen this singh out and about before and once went to get my phone repaired from him. this time he asked me if i have kesh or if i just randomly wore patka. i told him how im not cutting my hair and he was like very good etc. the thing is it made me really paranoid! like do i just look like a monah wearing patka! i asked him and he said yes and no both. he said because your wearing "flat" patka it looks like you could have kesh or be monah, both.    im going india in december 22nd and i want my hair to be at least long enough so i can put an elastic band around them!  this singh told me to put yogurt on my hair as it will make it grow faster.

Don't worry too much on making your Kesh long, Guru Sahib knows what's going on.

13 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Don't worry too much on making your Kesh long, Guru Sahib knows what's going on.

Very true :) 

Just let your hair grow..it'll do what needs to be done.

On 01/11/2016 at 10:28 AM, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh

I would suggest for you to tie a pagh/dumalla, nobody would think you are a monah then. Other than that, the user above gave a wonderful suggestion.

Yes because what others think is so important :) . But we all know you know better oh Parbrahmgyani Preeto.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:53 PM, Guest myhair said:

hi everyone 

Caring what others think, you are losing the battle.  What you should care about is the one who watches all.  You are moving in the right direction.  What people think about your hair length is not important.  Do you want to end up like the Singhs who only look the part and are close to empty on the inside?  Well you are heading in this direction.  Take care of the hair with a natural oil like coconut oil.  Other posters have suggested other oils as well.  Find that one helps to keep your hair healthy and learn how to tie a dastar.  Focus on getting rid of insecurities like worrying what others think about your look by focusing on Gurbani.  Power of Ardas is overlooked.  Internally, come begging for his kirpa, internally accept Guru Sahib as the true giver and ask for his feet.