Dastar headache migraines painful

Guest Dastar

I've been wearing a dastar for over 4 years now. for the past 3 years now I've been having really bad headaches at least once a month. to the point where it effects my vision. I've been to the doctors and my general health is fine. had my eyes checked out too, they're near perfect. blood tests etc not brought anything up. so I can only put it down to my dastar as silly as that sounds. I don't tie it too tight or anything. its obviously effecting my life a lot. I'll be fine in the morning, I'll tie my dastar, go into work and then get a crazy headache. I'm not able to see out of one or both eyes. I have to leave work, go home, untie my dastar and thats the only way the headache eases off. 

Has anyone else had similar experiences? any advice? what on earth am I doing wrong?!

• 1 month later...

How do you tie your dastaar? Make sure there are no knots in your keski or dastar as this can cause headaches. When my dastar is too tight i normally use a sly to realese some pressure lol. Your dastar wont be affecting your vision like that though - definatly migranes and the eyes going funny is probabaly something called aura which occurs during migranes. Look at your lifestyle, diet etc. You drinking enough water and eating fruit and veg?

Guest underturban_helps

I didn't used to wear a patke underneath my turban, and used to get headaches. If I wear a mini turban and tie it around my joora then it helps create a buffer underneath the turban. See some dumalla tying videos on Youtube. I don't really tie dumalla myself but I am learning this too. 

• 1 year later...
Guest Jatinpal Singh

I have been wearing turban since I was in class 6 and I used to wear single turban and it never was a problem for me until I started wearing a double turban. I have very less hair left and it cant be a jooda problem. I have seen many and many videos and I use the same technique as they do for morni or patiala shahi turban and tie it tighter than I do. When you initially tie the turban it doesnt pain but after a few hours the forehead portion pains and it is unbearable. Can some one guide me too why others dont get this trouble when I do

Guest GuestSingh

Seems like too much pressure/tension from tying too tight.. try loosening it a bit more than you would like.

Occasionally get the same problem, to the point of feeling sick and unable to focus/concentrate on anything else, so still learning to tie both keski & dumalla not so tight but firmly so it feels comfortable during the day.

Remember someone saying the head expands during the day, so thinking about this while tying could help...

• 9 months later...
Guest Preet singh UK

My head hurts sometimes and I get a bad headache which seems to originate from behind my eyes.. I have noticed it is from keeping my eyebrows raised but the thing is my eyebrows look dumb so I tie my pagg over them.. to keep them covered you kind of need to keep your brows pushed up all day. 

I also get sore ears, looking to get referral to hospital so they can remove the cartilage in my ears, if they all soft there is no issue