Emigrating from the UK to live in PUNJAB. Returning home.

Guest Homebound

16 hours ago, Cloud said:

Most people I know would love to leave the punjab and get towards UK.

May I ask your reason to go to Punjab?

How many times have you been there before?

Bro you sound like a customs official ...you sure you actually want to give advice ...Punjab is the land of our ancestors and our historical places why not ? Each time you go it's different so what is the point of that question ? 

Guest Jacfsing2
2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Punjab is the land of our ancestors and our historical places why not ? Each time you go it's different so what is the point of that question ? 

Modern Punjab is not the Punjab Guru Sahib lived on, in fact it's not even the land where the great Sikh Shaheeds for Bharat, (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh as one country), came from. Do you think Bhagat Singh, Kartar Singh, Udham Singh and many others would risk their lives for modern India? The people who split their land, and displaced 10 million Sikhs from their homeland? Also the creation of the Ghadars known as Haryana and Himachal didn't exist during the times of the Gurus, (even Hindu Punjabis at the time of Guru Sahib would not want to recommend any such thing, nor was this idea proposed in 1947 either). In the olden ages somebody could reach from Lahore to Amritsar in 1 day driving; now the entire scenario has changed.

OMG. I am in exactly the same situation (kind of). But of course I will have to get married. You are lucky to be able to motivate yourself. Also I am also in my very early 20's. We could get married and live where you wanted : )

Seriosusly, good luck I think it's an awesome decision.

Guest Jacfsing2
59 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Modern Punjab is not the Punjab Guru Sahib lived on, in fact it's not even the land where the great Sikh Shaheeds for Bharat, (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh as one country), came from. Do you think Bhagat Singh, Kartar Singh, Udham Singh and many others would risk their lives for modern India? The people who split their land, and displaced 10 million Sikhs from their homeland? Also the creation of the Ghadars known as Haryana and Himachal didn't exist during the times of the Gurus, (even Hindu Punjabis at the time of Guru Sahib would not want to recommend any such thing, nor was this idea proposed in 1947 either). In the olden ages somebody could reach from Lahore to Amritsar in 1 day driving; now the entire scenario has changed.

Who are these 5 people who constantly like everything? Just be straight-forward, we are sure that you guys are probably just trolling; in such a short time as well. Daas didn't even say anything that would deserve 5 likes, maybe one or 2; stop trolling! If it continues like this Daas is ready to leave this website; similarly to how Daas has done in the past, one time for corrupt mods who probably were Manmukh agents, another time for personal things, and now this time for trolls who are clearly trying to do something. Daas really doesn't want insincere likes, be straightforward and just mention here why you liked it, (hate the new anonymous "likes" now).

The punjab that the bhagats lived in was just similar to present day punjab. There was darkness and ignorance of the highest order. Thank God we have SGGS to turn to. In the Bhagat jis time,  there was nothing like that.  There was racial and gender discrimination of the highest degree,  looting by the false pundits,  drinking and idol worship. The bhagats have fought hard to bring dharam to India. Just because we read their sukh bhari bani does not mean that they had it easy. 

Guest Jacfsing2
3 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

The punjab that the bhagats lived in was just similar to present day punjab. There was darkness and ignorance of the highest order. Thank God we have SGGS to turn to. In the Bhagat jis time,  there was nothing like that.  There was racial and gender discrimination of the highest degree,  looting by the false pundits,  drinking and idol worship. The bhagats have fought hard to bring dharam to India. Just because we read their sukh bhari bani does not mean that they had it easy. 

Punjab was united back then, no need for a special divide in Punjab, between 2 countries. Guru Sahib being Pargat,(brought, as Guru Sahib doesn't have Karma, he can not born or die), in that land. Also the Bhagats had inspired only a view disciples; all of whom followed Ramanand, who is considered the king of the Bhagti Era; as his disciples included Kabir, Ravidas, and Pipa, among others.

3 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Was much better when the likes had a name. Gupt likes come across as creepy likes. However a like is still a like.....gupt or not... was not me who did that like..

There were 5 likes in less than an hour; if there was anything honestly that good about what was said; Daas gave a challenge to the person who's trolling everyone with giving everyone hundreds of likes, and that was list one positive thing mentioned and why they liked it.

Why can you not live a simple life in UK?

I personally think I am living a simple life in Canada. Hard work and pay bills is really the right thing. If you think you can get an easy attachment towards Guru Jee than you can do it in UK too. Remember the grass is not greener on the other side. It is only an allusion.

On 2016-10-29 at 0:48 PM, jkvlondon said:

Bro you sound like a customs official ...you sure you actually want to give advice ...Punjab is the land of our ancestors and our historical places why not ? Each time you go it's different so what is the point of that question ? 

Not my intention. Altough I find the borderlines security programs entertaining.

My idea was to make sure that that what he wanted. Many who go to punjab for religious experiances get very disappointed when seeing the corruption that Punjab have which makes it a very traumatic experiance.

Punjab as the land of our ancestors and our historical places does not mean anything to me personally when it comes to sikhi. In Gurbani it says that even you visit the 68 places of pilgrimages you will still not find amrit within yourself. If I want to learn and have a deeper connection to sikhi, to meet the right group of people/sangaht that we can help ourselves toghether towards sikhi then Punjab would be not the place to go.

If I were him I would stay in England, Southall and go every Sunday to the Gurdwara there and listen to the english kathas which also have classes in gurbani or at least people willing to help you learn gurbani. No need to chase the big money in London City. I've listened to the Audiobook Swimming with Sharks: Inside the World of the Bankers by Joris Luyendijk. no need to earn money in London City. 

On 2016-10-30 at 4:36 AM, Guest XYZ said:

Why can you not live a simple life in UK?

I personally think I am living a simple life in Canada. Hard work and pay bills is really the right thing. If you think you can get an easy attachment towards Guru Jee than you can do it in UK too. Remember the grass is not greener on the other side. It is only an allusion.

Exactly.

I am aware of the problems in Punjab. You sir in my opinion have a very green fantasy that Punjab is greener on the other side. First of all we all know of the Desertification of punjab, the radioactive spills, the cancer villages, alcoholism, drugs etc.

The thing is, is that I don't need to come from the Punjab to understand, this is not just a Punjabi problem, it's a global one. When you begin to destroy community cohesion and cultural identity and change society to one obsessed with material gain then provide little opportunity for sustainable wealth growth you create a vacuum, an empty space.. this is what we have, little hope for a future when you have lost so much. Come to London and see the drug abuse we have, the binge drinking and class A abuse... its off the scale. Have a look at some of Nick Broomfields early film about government policy to up root communities and move them into apartment blocks, sell off industry and undermine local agriculture and sustainability... its all the same, just a different place. Punjab is on the cusp of a crisis and it will only get worse as the current policy is to move agricultural investment into areas that have yet to be exploited.. its about the bigger picture and that's where we need to be focused if we are really serious about making change. But... no one seem to care. Carry on with our mindless jobs and keep buying the same s***. Someone else will sort it out for us.

That is also true. I just do not think that either if he stays in London or he moves to Punjab, it is the same.

I am NOT saying we should let Punjab go this way. I personally think that Punjab future should be built this way all over Punjab. But with a more ECOSIKH values , green energy and less consumer consumption thinking and more green houses with lower rent for building the slums away. To help others we have to start by helping ourselves and our sikhi.

WJKK WJKF

/Cloud