Emigrating from the UK to live in PUNJAB. Returning home.

Guest Homebound

Guest Homebound

VJKK VJKF ji

Basically, I'm looking to emigrate to Punjab. I'm from the UK, born and raised here. Recently graduated from university. Don't really want to run after money anymore :/ after the simple life if that's possible lol

Rent a place, teach english/ tutoring. Find something that pays the bills, covers the cost of living, gets me by. Find a little place near darbar sahib.

I'm single, early 20s Singh. Do you think I could hack this? Any tips advice would be very much appreciated. Really want to make this happen. Thank you.

VJKK VJKF

You should go for it but for a change. You should do it but also do expect that you may want to come back again. Originally from amritsar area, i can tell you that city life is very tough out there. Live for a month at the darbar sahib sarran and then make decision whether you up for this or not. 

Guest Homebound
8 minutes ago, S1ngh said:

You should go for it but for a change. You should do it but also do expect that you may want to come back again. Originally from amritsar area, i can tell you that city life is very tough out there. Live for a month at the darbar sahib sarran and then make decision whether you up for this or not. 

Thanks for responding veer.

City life out there is tough in what sense?

How do I go about getting a place at the darbar sahib sarran?

Thank you

Veere, te paise pishe nahi jana te uk e rehlaa,

india cho tere to be.insaaf dekhya nahi jana and tu freedom to speech krn di try krenga ta cases file ho jaane aa

punjab de halaat soch ton jiada khraab hogya  veerya

Guest Jacfsing2
14 hours ago, Guest Homebound said:

VJKK VJKF ji

Basically, I'm looking to emigrate to Punjab. I'm from the UK, born and raised here. Recently graduated from university. Don't really want to run after money anymore :/ after the simple life if that's possible lol

Rent a place, teach english/ tutoring. Find something that pays the bills, covers the cost of living, gets me by. Find a little place near darbar sahib.

I'm single, early 20s Singh. Do you think I could hack this? Any tips advice would be very much appreciated. Really want to make this happen. Thank you.

VJKK VJKF

You could easily do it; with what you mentioned about yourself; however, in all seriousness you'd probably have to really dedicate yourself if you wanted to live that lifestyle. Could you even live in India giving-up all the commodities that you have in the west, (air conditioning and access to heat when needed)? You also need to make entire life-style changes, there won't be any protection for your food or water and food will certainly have lots of chemicals, (outside of Langar of course). Good luck on your decision.

Guest Guest123

I dont know. Corruption is rife in India. Even at harmandar sahib. You can't get a room in the sarai unless u have connections. We were turned away two times. They said no room. Then a cousin of mine talked to the sevadaars and said Maharaaj we know sukhwinder Singh and he sent us here. And they gave us a room right away. So basically name dropping and so on works. Try harmandar again but if u don't like it, I would recommend hazur sahib or Patna sahib. So little crowds and the weather is nice year round in Hazur sahib.

And yes living expenses are so small in India. And you can buy anything cheaper. Maid service to cellphones. But u might get spoiled. But roads, drinking water and sanitation is horrible. In Punjab in rainy season the roads flood to your waist with nasty water. Maybe u can try Chandigarh or ludhiana, the more moderm cities. Malls and McDonald's are expensive tho. 

I hated India this year . People treated like expendable lowly things unless you r rich. The food was always fried and nasty unless home cooked. Farms full of pesticides and gmo and hormones. Less friendly people now, everyone has problems and needs money.

On 25/10/2016 at 10:51 AM, Guest Homebound said:

VJKK VJKF ji

VJKK VJKF

If you want live a simpler life by all means do so.

But don't think for minute that people out there are not money chasers. You will need to have a lot of street smarts out there otherwise you will get eaten alive.

On 25/10/2016 at 10:51 AM, Guest Homebound said:

VJKK VJKF ji

VJKK VJKF

Having a months holiday and travelling about will give you a better idea. However a holiday seems all cosy and refreshing. Day to day living may be a little daunting all on your own. I would highly recommend a visit to Baru sahib. Staying with Maharaj Ji there would be much better for you. If your interest is teaching, then you could get a job there, and practice Amrit vela with the kids there.

On 25 October 2016 at 3:21 PM, Guest Homebound said:

VJKK VJKF ji

VJKK VJKF

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ki fateh 

Here are some suitable options 

http://akalacademy.in/vacancies/

http://barusahib.org/activities-volunteering/

Ask them for a placement or volunteer opportunity near Amritsar.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ki fateh