Saas saas simran

Guest Usernametaken

In addition to the post above, I would like to present here  the following divine sat bachans in Raag Asa of  Dhan Dhan Satguru Amar Das Maharaj:

"ਆਪਣੈ ਹਥਿ ਵਡਿਆਈਆ ਦੇ ਨਾਮੇ ਲਾਏ

Apanai Hathh Vaddiaeea Dhae Namae Laeae

आपणै हथि वडिआईआ दे नामे लाए

Glory is in His Hands; He bestows His Name, and attaches us to it."

You see, here He is telling us that we do the Bhakti of His Simran, when He creates that desire in us, then only we can repeat His paviter Naam. It is not at all by our merits, or efforts, that we even think about Him. It is all His kirpa.

Having said that, this does not mean, we can say: oh only when He wants me to meditate on Him, shall I succeed in doing it, so as I do not derive any liking in doing it, I shall leave it and do some other substitute activities... This is all the play of mind, who just wants excuses in not doing the real thing of our lives, which is rememebering Him through His Simran.

It is o.k, if we have not yet that His grace of doing the right bhakti, but, we also know through Guru Sahiban, He is an Infinte Ocean of love and mercy. We are told, He is the bestower of all comforts, everything is in His hands, so why not start knocking at His door to ask a boond of His apaar kirpa.

So, what is that knocking at His door?

It is sitting in doing His Bhajan Bandagee, even if our minds do not accompany us, and tell Him, Sachay Patshah, I know I am unfit to repeat your Holy Name, but nevertheless, I place myself at your Lotus Feet, and I have heard Your Name ferries across even the stones, so in that hope, knowing myself as being unworthy and a  a heavy sinner, so listen to my benti  and please shower me with your Gurparsad whenever You think fit, for I am not going to move from Your door, hey Sachay Patshah.

Sat Sree Akal.

On 3 December 2016 at 0:34 PM, harsharan000 said:

In addition to the post above, I would like to present here  the following divine sat bachans in Raag Asa of  Dhan Dhan Satguru Amar Das Maharaj:

"ਆਪਣੈ ਹਥਿ ਵਡਿਆਈਆ ਦੇ ਨਾਮੇ ਲਾਏ

Apanai Hathh Vaddiaeea Dhae Namae Laeae

आपणै हथि वडिआईआ दे नामे लाए

Glory is in His Hands; He bestows His Name, and attaches us to it."

You see, here He is telling us that we do the Bhakti of His Simran, when He creates that desire in us, then only we can repeat His paviter Naam. It is not at all by our merits, or efforts, that we even think about Him. It is all His kirpa.

Having said that, this does not mean, we can say: oh only when He wants me to meditate on Him, shall I succeed in doing it, so as I do not derive any liking in doing it, I shall leave it and do some other substitute activities... This is all the play of mind, who just wants excuses in not doing the real thing of our lives, which is rememebering Him through His Simran.

It is o.k, if we have not yet that His grace of doing the right bhakti, but, we also know through Guru Sahiban, He is an Infinte Ocean of love and mercy. We are told, He is the bestower of all comforts, everything is in His hands, so why not start knocking at His door to ask a boond of His apaar kirpa.

So, what is that knocking at His door?

It is sitting in doing His Bhajan Bandagee, even if our minds do not accompany us, and tell Him, Sachay Patshah, I know I am unfit to repeat your Holy Name, but nevertheless, I place myself at your Lotus Feet, and I have heard Your Name ferries across even the stones, so in that hope, knowing myself as being unworthy and a  a heavy sinner, so listen to my benti  and please shower me with your Gurparsad whenever You think fit, for I am not going to move from Your door, hey Sachay Patshah.

Sat Sree Akal.

Good God that prayer was Beautiful! :)

To the OP, to be a balanced soul, 

9-5 work

6-7 Gym

Evening meditate.

Sit up on your bed at 12:30-1am. Listen to the ringing noise you hear when u relax, that's anhad naad- the primal sound. It's the sound from which we were created, Sat, Truth. 

Relax and let go, and enjoy- let the samadhi take you. Have no expectation of what the experience should look like or feel like. Samadhi is where we silence the mind so we can just Feel within our being. 

Maharaj sat sat in the Silence, in the primal void spoken about in Gurbani for many ages, it is our true origin.