How Did Naamdharis Split?

Guest Jacfsing2

Guest Jacfsing2

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Something Daas wanted to know was how exactly did people start believing in Ram Singh as a Guru, when he himself said these statements: http://www.namdharitruth.info/history/baba-ram-singh-sikh-of-sri-guru-granth-sahib/ Also from what Daas has learned about him he was somewhat more interested in helping the path of Gurmat than to divide from it, (in fact from some Gurmukhs Daas has heard that he was some Mahapurukh who just happened to get his teachings corrupted). Many of the first Naamdharis of Ram Singh also considered Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Satguru, and Ram Singh even said that he was a servant to the Guru. Even giving Amrit to at least 1000000 people according to the Khalsa Panth. So why did people start believing he was the light of the Guru? Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

From what I remember he was declared Guru whilst he was in prison in Singapore by a group of 'sikhs' and despite his vehement protests they did this manmukh move . He considered himself the lowliest das of Gursikhs but these bemukhs would not relent despite his begging in his jail chittian. Greed has a corrupting influence , we have seen the ghadars of the panth and what the have done in its thrall.

Involvement of the Indian congress party infiltrated into naamdhari circles and started these cultist stories.

Raam Singh himself was a highly respected Nihang Singh with a high avastha who did not claim to be a Guru. All of this spin doctoring happened afterwards with the interference of the Indian congress.

Notice how the naamdharis who were previously shatardhari human and social  rights activists as well as freedom fighters suddenly became a very tame quiet group this was also congresses influence .

Which Thakur joined back into the Khalsa panth recently ? Maybe all will return home and forget this breakaway idea now there is no named guru

I know from others that they do Chandi di // as part of their nitnem so it seems strange that they are so passive, they also have a very strong sanatanist world view and do hom havan for some reason any clues?

13 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Which Thakur joined back into the Khalsa panth recently ? Maybe all will return home and forget this breakaway idea now there is no named guru

I know from others that they do Chandi di // as part of their nitnem so it seems strange that they are so passive, they also have a very strong sanatanist world view and do hom havan for some reason any clues?

It was Thukar Dalip Singh who said that. He's okay. I saw one of his videos where he was talking negativity about Muslims but was caling the Hindu Gods our( as in SIkhs)  gods too ,but I like how he wants to Unite the Sikh Panth Again and how he is working to gain that goal. I also like  how  people are realizing  that Namdharis are not bad people. I especially like how common you can find them doing kirtan in Gurdwaras which is good beacuse they do kirtan in raag and its kind of like a revival of Gurmat Sangeet.

Guest Jacfsing2
On 10/17/2016 at 4:25 AM, jkvlondon said:

From what I remember he was declared Guru whilst he was in prison in Singapore by a group of 'sikhs' and despite his vehement protests they did this manmukh move . He considered himself the lowliest das of Gursikhs but these bemukhs would not relent despite his begging in his jail chittian. Greed has a corrupting influence , we have seen the ghadars of the panth and what the have done in its thrall.

What Ghadari? All the original Naamdharis were followers of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, in fact their first 3 "gurus", were all Gursikhs, (these 3 are Balak Singh, Maharaj Singh, and lastly Ram Singh), who all believed in Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Guru. All the Kuka Movement Naamdharis who fought against the British were also Sikhs, it seems only recently that they split; (they also had one of the strictest maryada while they were still Sikhs, and were a martial group).

40 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

What Ghadari? All the original Naamdharis were followers of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, in fact their first 3 "gurus", were all Gursikhs, (these 3 are Balak Singh, Maharaj Singh, and lastly Ram Singh), who all believed in Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Guru. All the Kuka Movement Naamdharis who fought against the British were also Sikhs, it seems only recently that they split; (they also had one of the strictest maryada while they were still Sikhs, and were a martial group).

not saying Baba Ram singh was , I was pointing out how greed has corrupted in the past and that has lead ordinary sikhs suffering under those corrupt  sikhs ' guidance. The ghadars according to Baba ji himself were the bemukhs who were calling him a Guru ...i.e. those who took it too far and tried to create an alternative panth. They stopped being martial during the British Raj according to the website above when KIrpans were outlawed.

Naamdharis took great effort to learn classical music and raag vidiya they actually have knowledge of raag and it's accompanying instruments etc. Their performance of Kirtan is to be admired for keeping purataan true raag vidiya traditions.

They are far superior to main stream Sikhs in this regard , many jathas have no proper knowledge of correct raag or traditional Khalsa instruments...vajah aka European harmonium is not a traditional Kirtan instrument...

2 hours ago, Cisco_Singh said:

Naamdharis took great effort to learn classical music and raag vidiya they actually have knowledge of raag and it's accompanying instruments etc. Their performance of Kirtan is to be admired for keeping purataan true raag vidiya traditions.

They are far superior to main stream Sikhs in this regard , many jathas have no proper knowledge of correct raag or traditional Khalsa instruments...vajah aka European harmonium is not a traditional Kirtan instrument...

naamdharis and a few gursikhs who were descendents of hazoori raagis kept the knowledge , I think it is much like the event of Guru Pita ji's shastars going away to Queen Victoria's treasury , Guru ji moved the items away from harm's way until later . Hopefully with ardas and Guru ji's apaar kirpa like the shastars the knowledge will again come back and knowledge become mainstream and there is a full revival ... I would refrain from cussing Gursikhs because they were under the kosh much more than the naamdharis since 1947, and they have been misled by SGPC attitudes to parchaar (non-existent) .The only reason that the Naamdharis  have this preservation is down to one of their gurus deciding to push for this ... all is destined by Guru ji. 

On 23/10/2016 at 5:34 PM, jkvlondon said:

naamdharis and a few gursikhs who were descendents of hazoori raagis kept the knowledge , I think it is much like the event of Guru Pita ji's shastars going away to Queen Victoria's treasury , Guru ji moved the items away from harm's way until later . Hopefully with ardas and Guru ji's apaar kirpa like the shastars the knowledge will again come back and knowledge become mainstream and there is a full revival ... I would refrain from cussing Gursikhs because they were under the kosh much more than the naamdharis since 1947, and they have been misled by SGPC attitudes to parchaar (non-existent) .The only reason that the Naamdharis  have this preservation is down to one of their gurus deciding to push for this ... all is destined by Guru ji. 

raag vidiya has been mostly lost and replaced with singing Kaachi bani to Bollywood style beats in some cases, with no sense of correct raag , using incorrect non purataan instruments..

In the same way shastar vidiya and the correct usage of weaponry and it's accompanying warfare tactics has been mostly lost and replaced by "gatka" circus performers , with sticks performing tricks like blind folded cocunut cutting.

In these days where so much knowledge via the internet , libraries, books etc is available purataan knowledge should be actively seeked and restored by Sikhs instead of blindly following pakkhandi versions of true purataan vidiya.

Yes, lack of knowledge. Education and misleading by SGPC and the British are the cause. But that's no excuse to keep blindly following the incorrect practises in this day and age. The naamdharis realised this and regained raag vidiya   why can mainstream Sikhs follow suit ???