Are these allegations of Osho correct ?

shastarSingh

5 minutes ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

I am not from Sikh background and I don't agree with you.  Do you believe everything you read, hear or see?  I don't.  Let God be the Judge as to what is true and what isn't!  I have never come across such hateful bunch of idiots ever. Let God decide what is true and who is a real Saint.  Don't be so arrogant and jump on the band wagon criticising those that are above you.  Are you a saint? Has anyone offered to make you one? I guess not.

According to you, every Sikhs duty is to ruin others' reputation, is this what Sikhism teaches you? It does not teach me that.

That's all very fine and dandy but why are you evading from the objections raised in regards to her missionary activities? Or her lying for Indira Gandhi? Or her taking advantage of poverty in order to spread Christianity?

Why couldn't she just help poor people like the Sikh, Bhagat Puran Singh ji without any stings attached?

You are acting in disbelief and denial like the kid who one day finds out that Santa Clause does not exist.

2 hours ago, pavitarsk said:

I was merely stating the facts, that's all.  Whether the person believes them or not that's up to them. The sword fight at S. Harmabdar Sahib was reported far and wide internationally.  Sikhism does not force conversions in any shape or form, as far as how tolerant its followers are, that is a different matter all together.  If they were really that tolerant there would be no need have Gurdwarahs based on different castes. There will be no aborting of unborn female children or need for different jathebandies and fights within the G. Committees if Sikhs ACTUALLY followed the teachings of Sikhism or its Gurus! You are right, it is not the religion but the punjab's culture to blame. The problem lies when someone spots you in the crowd with your dastaar, all they know is that you are a Sikh. They don't know if you are from Punjab or Timbuktu, do they?  Before you have greeted them they will start relating to you what they have read in the newspapers about your kom! Shocking.  And of course, Mother Teresa is a great Saint for 100% of the world!  I have never heard anyone say a bad word about her everywhere I have travelled, until I came on this forum!  So much for your Sikhi. Yet, the Gurbani states clearly, that nindya of anyone is a SIN.

I will not be posting further comments.  Carry on spewing your venom towards the Saints of other dharams to make yourselves look good. I am sure Sikhism strictly forbids this.

brother if the fault is with deluded humans what has it got to with sikhi , they are not following Guru ji when they build divisions Guru Pita ji left us in good hands with guru panth and Guru Granth but we have fallen from the high levels he set us ...As for nindiya if we state the truth so our brothers and sisters(all people) don't fall into the mistake of focussing on her as an idol it is not nindiya . If you love a sant no matter what faith they will never attach you to their hem but to the bhagti of Akal Purakh ... That's why I mentioned  other people I consider praiseworthy in that faith because they pass that litmus test. Even Guru ji did this ...forbidding us to attach to him but pray to Akal Purakh

6 minutes ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

Look I don't know anything about the Indian politics, but I have heard a lot of bad things about her here.  According to everything I have heard about her, she was a nasty evil person. I also know what she did to the Akal Takhst Sahib and what happened in 1984. I know a lot about her and 1984, but not anything about Indian politics or its political system.  She was a horrible woman and did menacing things to the Sikh people in India.

When girls enter convents to become nuns they take three vows.  The first one is vow of charity, the second one is vow of poverty and the third one is vow of chastity. Perhaps, she felt strongly towards the second vow, vow of poverty.  

Bhagat Puran Singh JI is a true Saint too. I don't know why she didn't do what this great Sikh Saint did.  I wish I knew. I have read two books on what this remarkable Sikh Saint did for humanity.  I also donate to his charity whenever I see people collecting on the charity's behalf.

In fact, I am acting like a normal individual who knows that I can never be like these wonderful souls. They dedicated their whole lives for the good of humanity.  I have read a lot about the Sikh saints too. They are remarkable souls and instead of comparing or criticising these great souls we should be thanking them for showing us how we can all serve humanity.

i have also read about Bindrawale Babba ji, the great Saint and soldier.  So, yes, for me they are all great souls and saints.

she did many things to the poor also forced sterilizations and vasectomies on the poor even on unmarried girls .. estimates are she destroyed the fertility of over 50,000 women...when you live in a country you get to hear these things and if you are god-fearing and people loving you would never associate with such people ....(Indira)

from one link given by other member here, iam posting the full article here:

------

Mother Teresa Humanitarian Image a Myth

A new study by Canadian academics says Mother Teresa was a product of hype who housed the poor and sick in shoddy conditions, despite her access to a fortune.

The Times of India, reporting on the controversial essay, wrote that the authors asserted Mother Teresa saw beauty in the downtrodden's suffering and was far more willing to pray for them than provide practical medical care. 

Meanwhile, researchers say, the Vatican engaged in a PR ploy as it threw aside concerns about her suspicious financial dealings and contacts to forgo the five-year waiting period to beatify her.

One of the researchers, Serge Larivee of the University of Montreal's department of psycho-education, told the school's website, “Given the parsimonious management of Mother Teresa's works, one may ask where the millions of dollars for the poorest of the poor have gone?”

The research paper claims that the celebrated nun had 517 missions in 100 countries at the time of her death, but that the majority of patients were not cared for properly and many were left to die, according to the university website. 

In addition, the Vatican is said to have ignored a doctor's assertions when it concluded that a Mother Teresa miracle healed a woman who had tuberculosis and an ovarian cyst.

Researchers Carole Senechal of the University of Ottawa and Larivee and Genevieve Chenard from the University of Montreal came to their conclusions by examining 96 percent of the originally researched, published works about Teresa, according to the University of Montreal website. Their findings are to be published in French-language journal Studies in Religion/Sciences.

Some of their references included medical journals and British journalist Christopher Hitchens, who called Mother Teresa a "fraud."

Other researchers have criticized Mother Teresa's efforts in the past. Mother Teresa: A Biography, written by Meg Greene and published in 2004, recounts an article by the Lancet medical journal that outlined the neglect and lack of expertise in a Calcutta facility established by Mother Teresa.

The website of the Nobel Peace Prize, which Mother Teresa won in 1979, takes a far more positive view of her deeds. It celebrates her early work in Calcutta's slums and credits her order and its outgrowths with providing "effective help to the poorest of the poor in a number of countries." Indeed, the U of M paper even concedes that one of her legacies is the generation of humanitarians she inspired.

Mother Teresa died at age 87 in 1997. 

[Courtesy: The Huffington Post]
March 7, 2013

51 minutes ago, N30S1NGH said:

So instead of glorifying, bringing awareness, retelling stories of maha bhagat puran singh ji to the western masses like we do turban tying events, we here decided to spend energy to discount other works and broadly ignoring life long accomplishment/fame philanthropy work of mother teresa. I am not against scrutinizing in natural article not done in vile perpetuating way as its quite evident here. My 2 cents also it should not be done at the expense of bhagat puran singh ji. I am sure bhagat puran singh ji wouldnt have problem with mother teresa when it comes to philanthropy..he wouldnt appreciate his name as token to cause flame wars.

When it comes to osho. Osho has nothing against mother teresa personally per say he was against rigid religious ideology,  missionary, jevoh witness type/over zealous chelas and against anyone everyone who had conceptual organized mindset.   Those who like to use this osho guy as your token to prove a point making a big mistake as he would deep cut you in secs, he criticized everyone included sikhism and  including himself, his followers. Many still call him crazy and eccentric. I dont have opinion on him either way as his life is full of contradictions and paradoxes. so i haven't bother spending energy to confine him into some label box.

well what I got from Osho's words was he believed Mother Theresa was unbalanced emotionally and had lost her grip on daya and the point of doing sewa of the poor . To let someone suffer from an operable illness until they die, preventing an adoption just because of an ideology is not right , removing people's dignity. blackmailing into conversion is not on. He is right on a human level as well as a karmic level. To me as a women she is very far from the ideal of a loving mother and comes across in her exchanges as a very aggressive manipulator of people's emotions. Ultimately both of them will have to answer to Akal Purakh .

Yes Bhagat Puran Singh ji was so much more , a complete bhagat , a loving father/mother to the unloved, a refuge for the people who had no one ...I cannot think of any other person in the field of caring apart from Guru Sahiban and Bhai Ghanaiya ji that I admire more . 

I completely get what some of you are saying way too often do I see so called sikhs discrediting saints and great spiritual people of other faiths simply because they belong to a different faith. Im sure that there are many ppl in different faiths who are closer to vaheguru than many of the hotheaded and arrogant ppl on this forum though imho I dont think mother teresa falls into that category from what I've read she seems like a nasty piece of work some would even use the word evil. I dont think our quam should be politicaly correct we shouldnt be afraid to offend the the whole world if the whole world regards a corrupt piece of sh!t as a saint. If the truth and the facts are on your side who cares how many ppl you offend.

6 hours ago, ThunderousDominator said:

I completely get what some of you are saying way too often do I see so called sikhs discrediting saints and great spiritual people of other faiths simply because they belong to a different faith. Im sure that there are many ppl in different faiths who are closer to vaheguru than many of the hotheaded and arrogant ppl on this forum though imho I dont think mother teresa falls into that category from what I've read she seems like a nasty piece of work some would even use the word evil. I dont think our quam should be politicaly correct we shouldnt be afraid to offend the the whole world if the whole world regards a corrupt piece of sh!t as a saint. If the truth and the facts are on your side who cares how many ppl you offend.

That's what I'm saying. I am not against saints of other faiths. But let's not act PC here. The supporters of M Teresa are just repeating the same PC lines over and over. they have probably not even read the links provided that expose her. And these are links by Westerners who have investigated her. 

The world gave untold amounts of money to her thinking she is helping the poor. But she spends most of that money in missionary activity and building more convents for nuns and priests while the living and medical conditions of the suffering poor remained the same.