Getting a chance to relive same life again

If you went to bed one night and the next morning you woke up as your old three year old self in your old bedroom when you were three years old but you had you same intelligence of your adult self plus the memories. If this happened and you had a chance to relive your life, would you relive it in the sense that you would make sure that you never made the same mistakes in the past plus doing things you regretted never doing?

We all wish we had done things differently, and forget about what state we were in at the time that we actually made the decisions No one can see the future. Yes we all have our little regrets. If I had done accounts, I would be in a better job. If I had not married, I would have been happier. If I had started naam jap ten years ago, I would not be so confused today. 

However we also cannot foresee... if I had done accounts, I might not have been a stay at home mum and would not have had time to spend with my kids and teach them Sikhi values first hand. If I had not married, I might have been depressed at this moment. not happier as we think. If I had been doing Naam jap,,. I would have known all the banis off head,  coz I was younger. (If I had not been doing naam jap then maybe I would not have my posh job).

The possibilities in this life are endless. However if you were to get soji of all your past lives - then you would realise one thing. I have been given this jeevan by God so many times, and I have wasted it every single time getting stuck in maya and useless things. Your thirst for worldly things would die and you will start to seek the truth through naam jap. 

You will see that you got this janam as a sikh specifically because you performed some seva or bhagti in the past and now you need to continue in that direction. 

SGGS Ang 1159

Through the Guru's service, the Lord's loving adoration is practised.

Then alone is obtained the fruit of this human body.

Even the gods long for this body.

So through that body of thine, think thou of rendering service unto thy God.

Meditate thou on the Lord of universe and forget him not.

This alone is the advantage of human life. Pause.

Kabir Ji tells us about the urgency to start doing naam jap. We have to do it when alive and feeling well, who knows when we will fall ill and not be able to concentrate. When we die, we will not be able to remember God in the same way. Who knows - what life we will be in. We might be cast away into an animals body and with such a brain and body we will not be able to perform seva in the guradwara like the way we can as a human being who has two hands and feet.

So long as the disease of old age has not come,

so long as death has not seized thy body,

and so long as thy speech has grown not powerless,

O man, contemplate thou on the world-Lord.

If thou remember not God, now, when shall thou remember Him, O brother?

When the end comes, He can be remembered not.

Are we going to regret later. Kabir Ji says yes we will. If we do not heed to the advice which is being given to us... being repeated in this shabad many times by kabir Ji - yes we will be full of regrets at the end of our life.... because we will have to go through the pain of choosing new parents, being born again...... crying for milk and of tummy aches and any other discomfort to get another body to our present age (After going through school, learning to read all over again, catching up with the new technology) and maybe again we will see this shabad and choose to heed to it or not. It is not once that we have been warned but over and over again. We still choose to forget and ignore. When are we going to decide to change????

Otherwise thou shall not be ferried across, and shall repent afterwards.

He alone is the servant, whom the Lord yokes to His service.

He alone attains unto the immaculate Lord.

Meeting with the Guru, the doors of his understanding are opened,

and he, again treads not the way of existences.

This is thine opportunity and this thy time.

Look thou into thy mind and reflect on this.

Says Kabir, it is up to thee, O man, to win or to lose.

I have, in many ways, proclaimed aloud and aloud this truth unto thee.

Finally have we chosen to win this time or loose once again??
Whatever thou has to do, now is the time for that.

4 hours ago, sikhingthetruth said:

If you went to bed one night and the next morning you woke up as your old three year old self in your old bedroom when you were three years old but you had you same intelligence of your adult self plus the memories. If this happened and you had a chance to relive your life, would you relive it in the sense that you would make sure that you never made the same mistakes in the past plus doing things you regretted never doing?

bro wishing against Guruji's Hukham is a foolish move ... try doing ardas that you have wisdom and santokh to accept His will 

Guest Jacfsing2
5 hours ago, sikhingthetruth said:

What seriously could you do? All you can do is wait for your parents to re-raise you in the exact same way as before. What Daas recommends is teaching your future generations not to make the same failure you made, so that even though you failed, your kids can be even better than you, (which was how our ancestors raised kids before the great movement known as the end of the Sikh Empire). 

2 hours ago, silverSingh said:

Yes, I would love to go back again in to being a little red embryo in my mamma's womb which would give me another chance to kick and scream at her, telling her not to watch too many Bollywood movies and dramas on the tv.  It will give me a chance to tell her, in my own sweet  and harmless embriyotic ways to do something more spiritual instead, like doing Paat.  I heard recently that if a woman  does Paat while carrying a baby, she gives birth to a clever baby.  The same baby then grows into a very clever adult which negates his or her desire to visit this forum, 'cos they know no one on here is clever enough to understand their dilemma lol. I would definitely like to relive that life again given half the chance because I am wiser now.  Come on yummy mummy, do your Paat!

obviously you did not read gurbani enough ...the responsibility to make it in to the world is your own bhagti  becoming safal whilst in the womb nothing to do with your mother, but, then again this is your MO blame any woman in your life for your own lack ... You get the Mother Akal Purakh has decided you get , man up and do your own paat.