Wanting to marry a muslim

simran1234

On 19/9/2016 at 4:31 PM, simran1234 said:

Hello,

I am not sure if my previous post was successful but my name is Simran and I have fallen in love with a muslim man. I want to marry him but I'm unsure of the reaction I will receive when introducing a muslim man to my family. He is 24 and I am 23. I would really appreciate your views on an interfaith marriage, more specifically a sikh-muslim marriage, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Simran.

Though I have a feeling the post above is suspicious... but anyhow, you say any advice would be appreciated, i will tell you leave this guy. If he really loves you, tell him to become a sikh.

For what reason you should marry someone, whose religion induce violence and fanatism...

Those who, by repeating the name of their so god,  at that very moment they get mad, to the extent they kill or suicide.

What the hell is this?  This is no religion, it is utter madness. If their god has told them to do this nonsense, which I doubt, then we do not need any such god, for then there is no difference between that god and devil, as both induce you to be evil

And you, you want to leave the path which leads to Wahiguru, for a perishable piece of flesh?

Be wise, otherwise you shall repent for the rest of your life...

May Wahiguru bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

• 3 months later...
Guest Preeti Hira
On 19/09/2016 at 4:31 PM, simran1234 said:

Hello,

I am not sure if my previous post was successful but my name is Simran and I have fallen in love with a muslim man. I want to marry him but I'm unsure of the reaction I will receive when introducing a muslim man to my family. He is 24 and I am 23. I would really appreciate your views on an interfaith marriage, more specifically a sikh-muslim marriage, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Simran.

Hi, 

Im married to a Pakistani guy but my circumstances were different and it wasn't a choice but things lead to me marrying him, I'm happy and still Sikh ,however if I was in a position of choice -I.E:- normal family, no abuse, etc... then I would of married the arranged marriage way.

if you want to marry this guy then I personally don't see a problem, however I will accursed you, even if your parents do come round (which will take ALOT of encouragement especially if the are the typical Punjabi types) then how are you going to manage the Punjabi community reaction? Do you think they will let you live in peace? I mean take this forum as an example, the people on here can be so hateful and hurtful. 

My father tryed to recindel are relationship however due to "ristedaars" my fathers decision to accept me back was swayed.

You have nothing to lose by asking your parents there opinion, also I suggest you have a loooong honest talk with your boyfriend about marriage and future, ask him about his opinions, ask him if you will have to convert, I was 100% stubon that I would NOT convert hence why we married in court.

how do his parents feel about this, have you met them? Spoke to them? Will you live with inlaws after marriage? Even if you don't convert are you willing to compromise, is he willing to compromise? 

During religious festivals will you participate in Eid? Will he participate in Diwali? 

Will children be grown up Muslim or Sikh or have a mix of both? My son is learning about all religions, he goes gurdwara and mosque, will your husband be as understanding, wil you be as understanding?

if push comes to shove, is he worth leaving you parents for?

• This topic was featured and unfeatured
On 1/2/2017 at 8:06 AM, Guest Preeti Hira said:

Hi, 

Im married to a Pakistani guy but my circumstances were different and it wasn't a choice but things lead to me marrying him, I'm happy and still Sikh ,however if I was in a position of choice -I.E:- normal family, no abuse, etc... then I would of married the arranged marriage way.

if you want to marry this guy then I personally don't see a problem, however I will accursed you, even if your parents do come round (which will take ALOT of encouragement especially if the are the typical Punjabi types) then how are you going to manage the Punjabi community reaction? Do you think they will let you live in peace? I mean take this forum as an example, the people on here can be so hateful and hurtful. 

My father tryed to recindel are relationship however due to "ristedaars" my fathers decision to accept me back was swayed.

You have nothing to lose by asking your parents there opinion, also I suggest you have a loooong honest talk with your boyfriend about marriage and future, ask him about his opinions, ask him if you will have to convert, I was 100% stubon that I would NOT convert hence why we married in court.

how do his parents feel about this, have you met them? Spoke to them? Will you live with inlaws after marriage? Even if you don't convert are you willing to compromise, is he willing to compromise? 

During religious festivals will you participate in Eid? Will he participate in Diwali? 

Will children be grown up Muslim or Sikh or have a mix of both? My son is learning about all religions, he goes gurdwara and mosque, will your husband be as understanding, wil you be as understanding?

if push comes to shove, is he worth leaving you parents for?

You are the same person who posted 2 below threads this: 

You are some serious identity crisis. 

Guest Jacfsing2
15 hours ago, S1ngh said:

You are the same person who posted 2 below threads this: 

You are some serious identity crisis. 

Why do you let these gupt people respond there are some lost Sikhs who may also be reading these forums.