How many parents ask their daughters who earn money to contribute to house expenses ?

singhbj singh

• 5 months later...
14 hours ago, HarkiranKaur said:

This is from Guru Gobind Singh Jis 52 hukams and the wording was consider the income (property) of a daughter as poison. The underlying meaning was to prevent exploitation of women, slave labour of ones own family etc. 

Growing up when I had a job I paid my parents for room and board. I didn't see it as them exploiting me rather I saw it as me helping pay my own way. It helped me learn to manage money and when I joined the military and got my own apartment it had helped me to manage my own place by myself. Life skills you know... 

i think the idea of this hukam was that things should not be taken from a daughter to better the life of a son... one should not have better life than the other.... you know take from a dowry from a daughter (Hindu) to make the sons marriage that much better etc. At least that's how someone explained it to me or sometimes daughters would be sold out for services rendered (prostitution) and the parents would benefit. 

the difference is YOU decided to help out not you earned and they took . It is quite right that one shoud not take advantage of a single girl of any family, one they may be saving for their own studies or life  and two we have a duty of care on our younger siblings

Guest Jacfsing2

I've never met a perfect Sikh before, I've just them on a totally scale based system. Working or non-working means less especially in the diaspora, (most diaspora women work which is something almost no body will deny).

• 2 months later...

Personally as a young woman i always contribute to the household. It is a core value for me to contribute to the place youre living in... i dont think there is anything wrong with it my parents provided for me with much care and love so the fact that i pay towards the house is the least i could do for being born! :-)

Wjkk wjkf

ਘਾਲਿ ਖਾਇ ਕਿਛੁ ਹਥਹੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ 

One who works for what he eats, and gives some of what he has

ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਹੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਸੇਇ ॥੧॥ 

- O Nanak, he knows the Path. ||1||

Read Full Shabad at

https://www.sikhitothemax.org/shabad?id=4480&q=GKkh&type=0&source=all

Thumbs up Wingz ji

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, singhbj singh said:

ਘਾਲਿ ਖਾਇ ਕਿਛੁ ਹਥਹੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ 

One who works for what he eats, and gives some of what he has

ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਹੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਸੇਇ ॥੧॥ 

- O Nanak, he knows the Path. ||1||

Read Full Shabad at

https://www.sikhitothemax.org/shabad?id=4480&q=GKkh&type=0&source=all

Thumbs up Wingz ji

image.jpeg

Thanks Bro! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/09/2016 at 10:25 AM, singhbj singh said:

Bhein ji life is all about choices !

Bibi can either be homely or career oriented.

Problem starts when you mix both lifestyles.

Alpha females usually end up with sissy husbands or toy boys.

They are also called home breakers by in-law's coz they are not wired to live in joint families.

I don't think this is fair.. The response seems to suggest some women in healthy marital relationships are incapable of also being successful in their respective jobs.. When I think of women of my mothers generation they often went to work, looked after the kids and cooking and cleaning etc. These days women are just more educated and don't hold down as menial jobs. Plus men are much more involved and supportive of their wives.. Couples are also very pragmatic if a woman happens to have the bigger earnings potential and ability why shouldn't she have equal rights to her husband to pursue