Why use the name Jasmine

sikhni777

This book is supposed to have Sikh characters however the lead character is named as Jasmine. These days sikh names are literally dissapearing from our community. All sorts of names are creeping in and people seem proud to use them. Now to top it all up here I spy a book with Jasmine as the name as she is the lead character in a book and is supposed to be Sikh. So what will this tell our little children about Sikh names?

http://www.jasminssummerwish.com/about/

Sikhs in the West have lost the plot when it comes to naming their children. They don't have a clue. I stopped caring a while ago. When the chickens come home to roost in the next few decades, then we'll see the outcome of these apparently "harmless" social and cultural norms our oh-so sophisticated and integrated cohorts have allowed to slip into normality. Just sit back and enjoy the mess. I know I will.

6 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

This book is supposed to have Sikh characters however the lead character is named as Jasmine. These days sikh names are literally dissapearing from our community. All sorts of names are creeping in and people seem proud to use them. Now to top it all up here I spy a book with Jasmine as the name as she is the lead character in a book and is supposed to be Sikh. So what will this tell our little children about Sikh names?

http://www.jasminssummerwish.com/about/

the whole creative team is gora what are you expecting ? The younger brother of this girl is called Sandeep 'Sonny' and wears the typical patka ...so it is more indicative of outsiders of sikhi viewpoint of sikhs.

Guest Jacfsing2
6 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

This book is supposed to have Sikh characters however the lead character is named as Jasmine. These days sikh names are literally dissapearing from our community. All sorts of names are creeping in and people seem proud to use them. Now to top it all up here I spy a book with Jasmine as the name as she is the lead character in a book and is supposed to be Sikh. So what will this tell our little children about Sikh names?http://www.jasminssummerwish.com/about/

Is this the way she was named according to Sikhi, (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Naam Karan?) We have some people with Muslim names in our community as well as some Hindu names.

2 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

singhbj... I think there is a difference between Jasmin and Jasmine......... Jas and min makes sense as in somebody who is mingled in Jas

Jasmine is just a flower... the name is Persian in origin.

jasmeen     jas matlab prab ka gun gai-in    meen  machli  like gurbani example  where macchli is in sukh sagar that is Akal Purakh   Bhainji ?