singhbj singh

SURVEY: 90% DIVORCED WOMEN PREFER GURSIKH,15% UNMARRIED PREFER GURSIKH

81 posts in this topic

SURVEY: 90% DIVORCED WOMEN PREFER GURSIKH,15% UNMARRIED PREFER GURSIKH

After 2 years of surveying by an independent organization called the Sikh Information Centre out of California, USA results show a large number of divorced Punjabi women prefer to marry a GurSikh the second time while 15% unmarried women prefer to marry a GurSikh. The Survey was taken mainly from Gurdwaras in the UK, Canada, and USA where divorced and unmarried women were asked their preference.

The divorced women cited that GurSikhs have a more disciplined life style and focused on financial and overall family well being while clean shaved Punjabis often suffer from “unstable lifestyles”. The story is not true with every clean shaven Punjabi but all divorced women were married to clean shaven Punjabi men.

The unmarried women were asked their preference over whether they prefer to marry a bearded and turbaned GurSikh or a clean shaven Punjabi man. They overwhelmingly stated they’d prefer clean shaven over GurSikh.

The results showed 90% of divorced women preferred to marry a GurSikh man while only 15% of unmarried women preferred a GurSikh.

The survey sample included a population of divorced women at 185 while 1300 unmarried women were surveyed. The low number of divorced women at 185 us primarily due to a low divorce rate within the Punjabi community.

Every man and woman have different preferences and each man and woman can’t be judged the same but the results due shed light on what the better of two paths are.

Source - http://dailysikhupdates.com/survey-90-divorced-women-prefer-gursikh15/

1 person likes this

A backhanded compliment if I ever saw one, i.e. "When we're young and carefree and in a position to choose, we want the guy of our dreams; the clean-shaven man that modern society deems to be ideal. But when things go south, then we'll settle for the second choice; the safe, religious type."

2 people like this

Clearly these women can't be gursikh/amritdhari if they prefer to marry clean-shaven men. The real question here is who did they survey. 

43 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

I guess guys should look for other options.

If your first wife runs away within a year, you get another one free.. (

•  

Top 10 Best Countries That Offer Mail-Order Brides

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-countries-offer-mail-order-brides.php

image.jpeg

As much as Daas is neutral towards dating and all of that, we should always be prepared to not be scammed by some of these foreign women. (If they convert that's 1+, if they raise kids into Gursikhs, that's 100+ for each one). In all honestly we shouldn't trust them unless they are willing to convert into Sikhi for Guru Sahib, (not marriage).

If we added Non-Sikh/Punjabi women would the results be changed? The first Sikhs in America married Mexicans, many of them had Kesh.

1 hour ago, singhbj singh said:

I guess guys should look for other options.

If your first wife runs away within a year, you get another one free.. (

•  

Top 10 Best Countries That Offer Mail-Order Brides

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-countries-offer-mail-order-brides.php

image.jpeg

Ha! Do you need women to be delivered to you because you have no charm to attract them. 

And who was the  douchebag that liked this?

You guys don't mind shaming yourselves. Making yourselves appear cheap without any discipline. 

31 minutes ago, Singhni MiriPiri said:

Ha! Do you need women to be delivered to you because you have no charm to attract them. 

And who was the  douchebag that liked this?

You guys don't mind shaming yourselves. Making yourselves appear cheap without any discipline. 

Excuse me? I liked because i enjoyed his humour on this topic. Please don't bash.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, CEO said:

Excuse me? I liked because i enjoyed his humour on this topic. Please don't bash.

If you see these women as sisters, it's not funny. Replace this with singhnia (Guru Gobind Singh Jee's daughters), no one would find this funny but extremely offensive. 

14 minutes ago, Singhni MiriPiri said:

If you see these women as sisters, it's not funny. Replace this with singhnia (Guru Gobind Singh Jee's daughters), no one would find this funny but extremely offensive. 

agreed this is Ghazni Bazaar to power ten at least ... 'if your wife runs away within a year..we will send another'?????  are these pieces of cardboard or human beings ? This is disguised sexual slavery , 'I bought you so you have to stay with me '      it is not a matter of fun 

BTW

this is why the world weary women prefer gursikhs as they have a decency and humanity that very few others can match , provided that they are not bhekhi sikhs.

Edited by jkvlondon
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

agreed this is Ghazni Bazaar to power ten at least ... 'if your wife runs away within a year..we will send another'?????  are these pieces of cardboard or human beings ? This is disguised sexual slavery , 'I bought you so you have to stay with me '      it is not a matter of fun 

Very true. I wouldn't even find this funny if they were males instead. Seriously shows the perception they have of women deeply integrated in their head without realising. 

Just now, Singhni MiriPiri said:

Very true. I wouldn't even find this funny if they were males instead. Seriously shows the perception they have of women deeply integrated in their head without realising. 

one can only hope and do ardas that our menfolk realise just how deep sikhi is and has to go inside their psyche

Just now, jkvlondon said:

one can only hope and do ardas that our menfolk realise just how deep sikhi is and has to go inside their psyche

I agree.

Our girls before marriage think life is like a bollywood movie. They want to marry some guy that looks like a bollywood hero. BUT when they get married reality hits, and they realise it's no longer a bollywood fantasy.

I believe things are turning around now as you can see many Sikh youth are getting back into Sikhi. In future Guru Sahib will bless us with Gurmat Sojhi. But in the west at least, the generation of Sikh girls from the 80s till now has been the lost generations. That is when they all started demanding a "clean shaven jatt sikh boy" in matrimonial adds. And sadly in this case, demand increased supply. All our boys in the west began cutting their kess. 

And it has to be said, it was mainly Jattis who started this anti Gurmat demand. Khatri and Ramgaria girls were and still are largely ok with turbaned boys. 

3 people like this

7 minutes ago, DailyMail said:

It's a jatt thing. 100% guaranteed. 

maybe because they were the first to get out to the west ...longer exposure and in a way a bit too eager to remove kesh to be expedient in getting a job , My Nana ji only accepted my Dad's rishta because he had gone to the UK and came back sabat soorat to India having lived here a few years . Point to note is all my Dad's mates from back then were monay and the excuse was job nahin milda . You still hear that BS as an excuse these days from their progeny or grandkids .  

Edited by jkvlondon

26 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

Our girls before marriage think life is like a bollywood movie. They want to marry some guy that looks like a bollywood hero. BUT when they get married reality hits, and they realise it's no longer a bollywood fantasy.

I believe things are turning around now as you can see many Sikh youth are getting back into Sikhi. In future Guru Sahib will bless us with Gurmat Sojhi. But in the west at least, the generation of Sikh girls from the 80s till now has been the lost generations. That is when they all started demanding a "clean shaven jatt sikh boy" in matrimonial adds. And sadly in this case, demand increased supply. All our boys in the west began cutting their kess. 

And it has to be said, it was mainly Jattis who started this anti Gurmat demand. Khatri and Ramgaria girls were and still are largely ok with turbaned boys. 

That's why I never exposed my kids to that vile brainwashing ... we watched bend it like beckham   yesterday and my guys were horrified at the total slackness of morals ...guess I got it right cos even my little one said why are they all doing the wrong thing?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, CEO said:

How is slavery funny? This isn't just you marrying someone from a different culture, religion, nation, and whatever, but rather it's a system of paying money to buy someone who has other problems. (They even list an exact price, how awful can it get?) 

11 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

A backhanded compliment if I ever saw one, i.e. "When we're young and carefree and in a position to choose, we want the guy of our dreams; the clean-shaven man that modern society deems to be ideal. But when things go south, then we'll settle for the second choice; the safe, religious type."

If you look at the article, you will see that they mention the word "financial". These women look for financial security, "a safe pair of hands" so to speak.

But with polls, I would take them with a pinch of salt.

These polls were taken in gurdwaras, wonder what these women would be saying outside the gurdwara.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

I wonder what the reason for this dynamic is.

I think it is probably due to the fact Khatris and Ramgharias are more likely to be self employed than Jatts.

I think that being self-employed gives a certain higher status, because you business owners do have more money than employed people.

Status is important for women. If marrying a kesh turbanned Sikh maintains or raise their status then they will marry them.

When girls/women marry they tend to be very pragmatic on their choices. I would not pay too much attention on the "jo likhia sanjog" malarkey that is spun by the bibian. 

2 people like this

The norm for marriage is, guy should be rich & girl good looking.

Now those who don't have money and aren't good looking try to bag a spouse under some disguise.

Punjabis come with a lot of Baggage.

Caste, pind, jatha, nationality, big families, gender inequality etc so it's better to think out of the box.

Inter religion marriages are very common in Kerala (land of communists).

Wife embraces husbands religion simple as that !

Guru Sahibaan's practiced Open Door policy those who wanna come into Sikhi are Welcome those who wanna leave are free to go.

Edited by singhbj singh

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

When girls/women marry they tend to be very pragmatic on their choices. I would not pay too much attention on the "jo likhia sanjog" malarkey that is spun by the bibian. 

Very true.

Quick true story: Sikh girl hits 30, still isn't married. She practically decrepit by Punjabi standards. Admittedly, she's qualified in a prestigious field (medicine or legal, I can't recall), and the family want someone of comparable status. Girl's mother regales anyone that she encounters that she (the mother) won't settle for any Jatt munda because they just aren't educated enough these days. They spend years looking for the ideal Punjabi boy, but no luck, whilst constantly espousing the, "My daughter is too educated / She needs a similar status partner," mantra to all and sundry. 

A few years later, girl gets married, but remarkably it's to a Sikh guy that barely escaped secondary school with a handful of GCSE's. He's a coarse, what-you-see-is-what-you-get type. The girl's mother seems overjoyed. Oh, by the way, the guy's dad is a multi-millionaire, and his only son (and only child) is set to inherit it all eventually. 

Now that's sanjog. O:)

Edited by MisterrSingh
2 people like this

44 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Very true.

Quick true story: Sikh girl hits 30, still isn't married. She practically decrepit by Punjabi standards. Admittedly, she's qualified in a prestigious field (medicine or legal, I can't recall), and the family want someone of comparable status. Girl's mother regales anyone that she encounters that she (the mother) won't settle for any Jatt munda because they just aren't educated enough these days. They spend years looking for the ideal Punjabi boy, but no luck, whilst constantly espousing the, "My daughter is too educated / She needs a similar status partner," mantra to all and sundry. 

A few years later, girl gets married, but remarkably it's to a Sikh guy that barely escaped secondary school with a handful of GCSE's. He's a coarse, what-you-see-is-what-you-get type. The girl's mother seems overjoyed. Oh, by the way, the guy's dad is a multi-millionaire, and his only son (and only child) is set to inherit it all eventually. 

Now that's sanjog. O:)

That's hypergamy for you!

1 person likes this