Redbridge's first Sikh free school is a 'feather in the cap of community'

singhbj singh

My eldest went to GGSK  and it was the mistake of my life , he was bullied from the age of 3 until when he got an alternative place in state school at age 6 by his teachers, by his classmates and even the older kids . By older I mean 13 year old and he pulled a knife on him , the k*&*r owner tried to pin it on my kid because the other guy was a troublemaker and had similar parents. His teacher tried call him half sikh and was more worried about my marriage than his studies : to which I replied you are either a sikh or not it has zero to do with nationality or ethnicity , I came to talk about my son not answer your questions about my life. 

He was bullied by apnay the most because he wore a patka and they were mainly monay. My son is a hyperintelligent kid and they had to sit him in with year one students because he was too advanced for the age appropriate classes. He was threatened by that 13 year old and told to hold the knife him and if he told that boy would kill my husband and myself , the boy was so petrified he didn't speak about it for hours when the school called us to collect him 'because he was in trouble'. (Just like Indian Non Justice) . we slowly coaxed it out of him and were horrified to find out the truth. 

The level of sikhi there was minimal ...I hope for other kids it has improved but since then most of the people I have met who have been said it was not great

3 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Bheinji that is horrible.

Have been to the college but never thought things were so bad !

If old management are incompetent and unwilling to change then it's best to establish new age learning centres.

they put up prices and were more worried about the paise side than student safety  ... I put him there as I had to go through bullying by gorey and kaley when I was little and these days Sikhs need to be confident in themselves, I thought our own would leave him be but that was not the case . He still feels badly towards 'sikh' monay and otherwise  kids because of it and now I have to counter gorey lax ways in his peer group. What is wrong with our people that they will teach their kids to attack those who follow sikhi properly?

Bheinji it's better to put kids in a school where majority of pupils come from upper middle class families ie educated background.

Can't blame kids or their parents for being bullies as they come from a rough home town. Their motto in life is "Survival of the fittest".

Sangat or companions play a big role in developing child's personality.

10 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Bheinji it's better to put kids in a school where majority of pupils come from upper middle class families ie educated background.

Can't blame kids or their parents for being bullies as they come from a rough home town. Their motto in life is "Survival of the fittest".

Sangat or companions play a big role in developing child's personality.

Redbridge is not a rough area , neither is chigwell . I grew up in  Hackney on the council estates which was and is still to some extent . However I do not behave like an animal and neither do my siblings or our children so that is not the reason it is the parents fault for not teaching about sikh saroop and respect for fellow human beings ...

Bheinji I think absence of grand parents in British homes triggers such behaviour in kids.

Migrant parents have to work full time to make ends meet.

They spend less time with kids, nobody's there to guide them.

In fact BOS should step up & fill the gap.

Learn from Sevadar's at Gurdwara Sukh Sagar

http://www.sukhsagar.ca/classes/other-classes/

http://www.sukhsagar.ca/classes/

16 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

Bheinji I think absence of grand parents in British homes triggers such behaviour in kids.

Migrant parents have to work full time to make ends meet.

They spend less time with kids, nobody's there to guide them.

In fact BOS should step up & fill the gap.

Learn from Sevadar's at Gurdwara Sukh Sagar

http://www.sukhsagar.ca/classes/other-classes/

http://www.sukhsagar.ca/classes/

very simplistic thinking again , we only had Mum and Dad here no others from dadakey or nanakey , they would leave early in the morning and arrive back late at night due to the shop being many miles across town , we grew up with no local sangat/gurdwara apart from ourselves .Those who had full access to my grandparents back in India their children are all hinduized semi-nastik mayadharis dispite my Nani and Nana ji being firm Gursikhs , My Dada ji was an amateur kirtani when he wasn't working and did much sewa of the poor teaching them for free(he was an orphan and he managed to pull himself up without official schooling).

I am grateful that I was given the parents I had because they maximised our exposure to real gursikhs when we were young and taught about Guru Sahiban and instilled the good virtues a sikh should have , they transported us by hook and crook to rensabhais in the whole of the UK, local and England based akhand paths, let us freedom to do full sewa in gurdwara langar even though we had no car . We would sit together as a family to do sodar and kirtan sohila and sukhasan of Guru ji .So although they couldn't be with us when they were , they really give us full attention

IT IS NOT BOS's responsibility to teach iNSTEAD of parents doing their duty, parents should do their job properly and adjust their attitude to realise that to make the world a better place we have to create  good humans beings that is the real sewa to show the world through the gursikh lens and encourage character of the highest order in AKal Purakh's newly sent .