Friendly debate on a very common issue

Guest Singh Khalsa

Guest Singh Khalsa

Hello Fellow members. This is debate session so everyone is welcome!

Recently, i have come across a topic which is incredibly common yet never talked about. As a yound adult myself, i feel the hardship one must go through regarding this issue. The issue i am talking about is Masterbation or self ejaculation. I had search countless solutions for this problem myself yet it was practically useless as noone discussed about this. Maybe it is something one must go through alone or that everyone has the solution, whichever it is, i dont know.

The point im trying to imply is that i (and others too) want an logical assurance that Masterbation is either good or bad, atleast in Sikhi. Let us start this discussion that may one day help people recognize & solve this issue, once & for all. 

I believe Masterbation is completely normal if done at a limit, once a week & less. These are the reasons why:

1: Masterbation helps relieves sexual stress & helps to relax

2: If one does not masterbate, he will receive wet dreams which scar people for life (trust me on this one) Nonetheless, you still ejaculate.

3: Masterbation keeps you away tension, preventing things that will stay with someone their whole life.

These are some points to this debate that i feel should be addressed. Please note that: give honest, logical & right answers as this topic may significantly help others with this common issue that everyone has. I hope you all understand, and let us start this debate.

WJKK, WJKF.

Guest Jacfsing2
On 9/4/2016 at 10:40 PM, Guest Singh Khalsa said:

Hello Fellow members. This is debate session so everyone is welcome!

Recently, i have come across a topic which is incredibly common yet never talked about. As a yound adult myself, i feel the hardship one must go through regarding this issue. The issue i am talking about is Masterbation or self ejaculation. I had search countless solutions for this problem myself yet it was practically useless as noone discussed about this. Maybe it is something one must go through alone or that everyone has the solution, whichever it is, i dont know.

The point im trying to imply is that i (and others too) want an logical assurance that Masterbation is either good or bad, atleast in Sikhi. Let us start this discussion that may one day help people recognize & solve this issue, once & for all. 

I believe Masterbation is completely normal if done at a limit, once a week & less. These are the reasons why:

2: If one does not masterbate, he will receive wet dreams which scar people for life (trust me on this one) Nonetheless, you still ejaculate.

3: Masterbation keeps you away tension, preventing things that will stay with someone their whole life.

These are some points to this debate that i feel should be addressed. Please note that: give honest, logical & right answers as this topic may significantly help others with this common issue that everyone has. I hope you all understand, and let us start this debate.

WJKK, WJKF.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Nobody will debate this topic; because we are working on our own bhagti and trying to follow the Guru's Hukam to the best possible way we can and second your spelling of Masturbation is wrong, (actually you have a lot of grammar mistakes. If you want to discuss your own masturbation problem; the Sangat will try to assist you in the best way possible, though most of the journey is through Gur-prassad, but none of us will bother wasting time on this. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Guest Yogi ji

If u have been a good sportsperson, participated in college university and national levels in any game or athletics, may u u know the disadvantages of what u r asking

thanks

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, Guest Singh Khalsa said:

WJKK, WJKF.

You started off by asking solutions from a Gurmat perspective and then you stated worldly reasons to engage in kaam.  Are you trying to entertain kaam or are you trying to focus on mind purity

Have you not read Sohila Sahib da path.  The body is full of kaam, but the Gurus destroys it when you go to him.  Some people in life look for this big spectacle solution that involves countless hours, sleepless nights, and trial and error runs.  Only waiting for that big pat on the back from people around the world.  They want that fame to be noticed and recognized for their mirage of hard work.  Really at the end this person is trying to buy water from a fosset.  These people sit close to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, but they look else where for solutions. 

A Sikh that loves the Guru, ask the Guru.  The solution to this problem and other problems of anger, ego, greed, worldly attachments is to concentrate on Gurbani.  Any free time in the day must be devoted to focusing on Gurbani.  Don't engage in gossip, celebrity gossip, tv shows, movies, bars outings, restaurants outings, bbq, and conversing about the opposite sex.  Instead fill the day with Gurbani, honest living, roll up those white collared shirts and start washing dishes at the Gurdwara and keep reading Gurbani.  Learn how to interpret Gurbani, pronounce Gurbani better, learn kirtan, take up marital arts, learn how to shoot.  But don't forget, always be focused on Gurbani.  If your mind slips and is caught by kaam.  Open up Gurbani and start reading.  Feeling tired and need to sleep.  Well go to sleep and do it again tomorrow.  And don't forget keep focusing on Gurbani.  Did I mention to keep focus on Gurbani.  If I didn't, well keep focusing on Gurbani by contemplating on shabads.  Dive deep into your mind with Vaheguru and start finding out what Mool Mantar means through searching Jap Ji Sahib and rest of Gurbani.  Still have free time on your hands.  Then read Chandi Di Vaar and start learning what each pauri is saying.  Again dive deep into Gurbani and find the deepest meaning possible in that moment.  Hold on to the meaning and do it again tomorrow to find a deeper meaning and the next day and the next day.  Sooner or later that breath coming out of your mouth will only want Gurbani.  Remember the time when countless hours were spent studying for that test either for a class or a job or to obtain a promotion.  Well now its time to get a promotion in Sikhi.  You want an 100%, well put in the hours and actually live what Gurbani is teaching.

I know the above sounds extreme.  Yet a smoker also calls it extreme for those who quit.  How did he do it....he smoked two packs a day.  The alcoholic doesn't want to let go of his addiction and he calls others extreme for not drinking.  Kaam is a drug.  It last for a split second and once a person has it.  They want more of it.  The previous high isn't good enough so some change it up and look for a bigger high.  Some want it once in awhile.  They are like the wine drinkers who get drunk once in awhile.  Others really cant kick the habit.  Others try replacing it with another worldly attachment.  The lucky ones replace it with the only drug that will eliminate the desire once for all.  The drugs name is Gurbani.  It takes a lot of effort to get hooked.  But once hooked and you keep pouring the drug into you.  The high gets better and better.  It becomes an addiction.  The best addiction and high.