• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
DSG

Beadbi Ramgarhia Sikh temple .. Again !!!

35 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Hold your horses. It's coming. If people haven't done it already, it's because they aren't obsessed with abusing power like some others. But circumstances have forced people's hands. 

And rightly so. If they acted like ar5eholes than they should suffer for it. Tenfold. Let's see what karma has got in store for Juts too.  

I would welcome it, but I reckon power can be abused by anyone of any background.

It's like that book Animal Farm by George Orwell. 

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I would welcome it, but I reckon power can be abused by anyone of any background.

It's like that book Animal Farm by George Orwell. 

I agree. Everyone has a part to play in balancing things out. We've f**ked up big time as a society to have let things get to where they have. it's not promising. But what can you do as a Sikh other than keep striving and readapting?

And on that note , How many of us are willing to CALL , WRITE , MEET the management , and express our views/concerns about use of hall to serve meat and alcohol ? 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, DSG said:

And on that note , How many of us are willing to CALL , WRITE , MEET the management , and express our views/concerns about use of hall to serve meat and alcohol ? 

What do they say when people hook them up about this? 

10 hours ago, DSG said:

Gurdwara Committees are essentially money making enterprises.

If they see a market in serving meat and alcohol then they will.

If there are idiots in the Sangat that agree to this then the committee will fully exploit this.

You can write all you want, it will fall on deaf ears. What is needed is to suck out the profit from these ventures. There is only one language they understand and that is the language of money, hit them in the pocket.

If that means boycotting the gurdwara from anand Karaj's, Akhand paths etc then so be it.

2 people like this

21 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Gurdwara Committees are essentially money making enterprises.

If they see a market in serving meat and alcohol then they will.

If there are idiots in the Sangat that agree to this then the committee will fully exploit this.

You can write all you want, it will fall on deaf ears. What is needed is to suck out the profit from these ventures. There is only one language they understand and that is the language of money, hit them in the pocket.

If that means boycotting the gurdwara from anand Karaj's, Akhand paths etc then so be it.

If only it were so simple. These days many Gurdwaras will cater to anything for money - even holding weddings on the sly with nonSikhs - and advising the families on how to subvert any resistance to this by other Sikhs. It loks like they are ever adaptive to grab onto niche markets that keep the money coming in.  

They are so desperate for money, that if they starved of their usual sources of income, they'd start getting 'creative' to make up for it. So the above approach might just make things worse?

21 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

If only it were so simple. These days many Gurdwaras will cater to anything for money - even holding weddings on the sly with nonSikhs - and advising the families on how to subvert any resistance to this by other Sikhs. It loks like they are ever adaptive to grab onto niche markets that keep the money coming in.  

They are so desperate for money, that if they starved of their usual sources of income, they'd start getting 'creative' to make up for it. So the above approach might just make things worse?

The fact that they are getting caught doing these sly activities is a start.

The pardhans of these gurdwaras need to be hit in the pocket.

It is important to make it difficult for these types.

A system needs to be devised,  some A-B testing. Need to figure our what works and what doesn't.

1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The fact that they are getting caught doing these sly activities is a start.

The pardhans of these gurdwaras need to be hit in the pocket.

It is important to make it difficult for these types.

A system needs to be devised,  some A-B testing. Need to figure our what works and what doesn't.

What if the reality is that we are always going to have 'renegade' Gudwaras (forgive the term), even more so given the legal protection the will get here in the UK? 

41 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What if the reality is that we are always going to have 'renegade' Gudwaras (forgive the term), even more so given the legal protection the will get here in the UK? 

We will never have a perfect system but there needs to be improvements.

We are a very pragmatic people when it comes to the crunch. The obstacle is the way. Think progress not perfection. 

2 people like this