Beadbi Ramgarhia Sikh temple .. Again !!!

DSG

48 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The fact that they are getting caught doing these sly activities is a start.

The pardhans of these gurdwaras need to be hit in the pocket.

It is important to make it difficult for these types.

A system needs to be devised,  some A-B testing. Need to figure our what works and what doesn't.

What if the reality is that we are always going to have 'renegade' Gudwaras (forgive the term), even more so given the legal protection the will get here in the UK? 

41 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

What if the reality is that we are always going to have 'renegade' Gudwaras (forgive the term), even more so given the legal protection the will get here in the UK? 

We will never have a perfect system but there needs to be improvements.

We are a very pragmatic people when it comes to the crunch. The obstacle is the way. Think progress not perfection. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

Get Guru granth Sahib ji's saroop out of those temples, by force if necessary 

also somehow make it declare that its not a gurudwara (anymore) unfortunately

What do they say when people hook them up about this? 

We hooked them up , and spoke to the trustees .... one was neutral and very pleasant guy , 2 were Amrit Dhari , even though agreed with us ( No meat alcohol should be served in the hall) but wanted to wait for the decision of the members . When queried about members , that it is a Gurudwara not a Club , they were not willing to convince the management , but rather wait on "members decision" .

I think if we keep quiet , consciously knowing their response , they will have a field day and keep making wrong decisions and see the Gurudawara not as a Gurudawara where our Guru resides , but a mere building to make profit , but profit for whom? ( is another topic /food for thought). I appreciate bills , building maintenance etcc cost money and need funding but I also believe if Guru Maharaj Ji;s message is portrayed with love and compassion with no personal gain , aim to share the Guru's messge whoever walks in to the Gurudwara so one takes something away which can enhance ones spiritual journey , then with Guru Ji's kirpa there will be no shortcomings. ( AT LEAST TRY !!!!!! ) ( Their aim should be at least  "try" sharing and spreading sikhi and run the Gurudwara according to Gurmat principles ).  

You can write all you want, it will fall on deaf ears. What is needed is to suck out the profit from these ventures. There is only one language they understand and that is the language of money, hit them in the pocket.

Up to an extend i agree , and have seen that , they are not bothered, simply because we have not enough "people" behind the cause.As i mentioned before its a numbers game , bombard them  with phone calls, letters , messages at least then they'll know the Sangat ( where ever they reside and not just there so called "members" or their relatives are responding to them) are awake and they cannot just willingly do as they please , may make them think twice and change for the better. I believe the power is in the sangat and with Guru Maharaj ji's kirpa.

Get Guru granth Sahib ji's saroop out of those temples, by force if necessary 

also somehow make it declare that its not a gurudwara (anymore) unfortunately

Absolutely agree . then they can make as many members as they like ( obviously this should be the last resort though)

46 minutes ago, jashb said:

* Who gave these corrupt committee members who have no respect for Guru Ji the undeserved power control and authority to take decisions in unashamed spite of Guru Ji when without the presence of Guru Ji this Gurdwara would not even exist?

Well, it's not as if the extension of Sikh Sangat and creation of new Gurdwaras into the West was directed by a central authority (Akal Takhat) as in the case of the Vatican and the Catholics. Rather, Sikhs came of their own initiative, and also created Gurdwaras of their own initiative. Unfortunately, many of our people who originally came cut off their hair and also were addicted to alcohol. They became the committee heads, because that's just the kind of people that were available. There was no rehitvan, Amritdhari alternative available.

So, who gave them this power? They themselves did. We should think ourselves lucky that there's even some semblance of maryada in the darbar halls: Guru Sahib on throne and sangat on the floor. Otherwise, they would have put sangat in pews, and Guru Sahib as a small book to be carried in the granthi's hands to plopped on a lectern.