Which dharam is the best?

Guest Singh

Vaheguru Ji,

Please this video: 

Please also comment on your opinions whether you agree or not? I am not sure myself since we always say that khalsa panth is the most true/exalted path or when Bhai Jagraj Singh Ji said that Sikhi is straight path to god so does that mean it is better? And bani also tells us that "San toh vadda satgur nanak, Jin kal rakhi Meri". Anyway at end of day, hum ko hamara khoob, tum ko tamara khoob.

Thanks

Guest OriginalPoster

Thank you everyone for replying and enlightining me.

@MrDoaba so from your point of view, Sikhi is better path to god then the other paths. I also agree with this but how do you tell others who claim all religions are equal? I have heard Sikhs say this statement as well and it always bothers me.

Only belonging to the best dharam is not the way to salvation.  If you are not able to practice it then you will not benefit from it. 

What makes sikhi the best dharam is bani. Aeyo sunan parhan ko bani is whatever SGGS tells us. 

If we are not making an effort to read as much bani as we possibly can then we carrying a pride which is not very worth. At the end of our days if we have managed to please the Lord of the universe and manage I escape the cycle of birth and death,  then we will have made good use of the best dharam in the world.  Mere debating on issues is indeed a waste of time. 

Aap japo avre naam japavo. This is what we should practice to the best of our ability. 

8 hours ago, Guest OriginalPoster said:

Sikhi is better path to god then the other paths. I also agree with this but how do you tell others who claim all religions are equal?

I have heard Sikhs say this statement as well and it always bothers me.

Well, I would suggest you to go through the Bani more oftenly and understand the message, of what Guru Sahiban are trying to convey us, not necessarily word by word, though they are Sat Bachan by themselves, but it is very important to understand the Bani in the right sense.

Then, it is also important to know something about the dharams to whom you talk to, otherwise one can never ever explain the differences between Sat  and "asat".

And above all, talk to them gently and respectfully, without trying to make them feel that you want to impose them, by belittleing their beleifs....

You see, if a beggar is holding some coins in his hands, which he is holding as a treasure, and if you want to snatch it from him, he will fight for them; but if you show him a 20 dollar bill, automatically and effortlessly, he will open his hands to accept it, and leave the coins ....

So, if we talk of something with somebody, we must only talk knowing about it throughly, so we can satisfy their queries with logic and sense, not with blind faith...or just because we say it, so it is true...

Then too, never get furious nor disheartened, if they do not understand or accept what you say, cause everyone´s destiny is chalked already before one is born, but be sure that, your good intentions, will be good sanskaras/impressions, in their future existence, from which they will surely benefit, the Bani never goes in waste.

Sat Sree Akal.

8 hours ago, Guest OriginalPoster said:

Sikhi is better path to god then the other paths. I also agree with this but how do you tell others who claim all religions are equal? I have heard Sikhs say this statement as well and it always bothers me.

The answer of the above question lies in SGGS Ang 897.... which you can turn to and read the whole shabad.

Sikhism does not attack and criticise other religions. Guru Granth sahib has many quotes in it regarding the koran, vedas and the Bible which are the foundations of these other religions. 

Bani which makes our religion greater than the other religions is so full of humility that it also says

बेद कतेब न सिम्रिति सासत ॥

Beḏ kaṯeb na simriṯ sāsaṯ.

There were no Vedas, Korans or Bibles, no Simritees or Shaastras.

पाठ पुराण उदै नही आसत ॥

Pāṯẖ purāṇ uḏai nahī āsaṯ.

There was no recitation of the Puraanas, no sunrise or sunset.

कहता बकता आपि अगोचरु आपे अलखु लखाइदा ॥१३॥

Kahṯā bakṯā āp agocẖar āpe alakẖ lakẖā▫iḏā. ||13||

The Unfathomable Lord Himself was the speaker and the preacher; the unseen Lord Himself saw everything. ||13||

बेद कतेबी भेदु न जाता ॥

Beḏ kaṯebī bẖeḏ na jāṯā.

The Vedas and the Bible do not know the mystery of God.

बेद कतेब कहहु मत झूठे झूठा जो न बिचारै ॥

Beḏ kaṯeb kahhu maṯ jẖūṯẖe jẖūṯẖā jo na bicẖārai.

Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false.

Guest Jacfsing2
On 8/25/2016 at 1:29 PM, Guest Singh said:

Vaheguru Ji,

Please this video: 

Please also comment on your opinions whether you agree or not? I am not sure myself since we always say that khalsa panth is the most true/exalted path or when Bhai Jagraj Singh Ji said that Sikhi is straight path to god so does that mean it is better? And bani also tells us that "San toh vadda satgur nanak, Jin kal rakhi Meri". Anyway at end of day, hum ko hamara khoob, tum ko tamara khoob.

Thanks

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! This is an answer your going to have to decide for yourself, half of the Sikh Panth is on the side that Sikhi is the only way to Vaheguru, a quarter of the Panth say Sikhi is the best religion; however they believe that Vaheguru can be met in any religion, and the last quarter of the Panth say that all religions are equal. You will just get divided answers from everyone, so you should read Gurbani and interpret yourself, whether it's "Koi bole Ram Ram", or whether it's "Jot roop Har Aap", both of them say the same thing, but rather we as humans interpret things differently. Some people believe "Manas Ki Ek Jaat", means all of humanity is one, while others view it as all the groups are equal, (depending on that one line your interpretation will decide how you answer this question). Personally Daas is of the thought that only Sikhs can reach Sach Khand, but Daas also realises that most Sikhs are lost and don't agree with true Gurnat, and rather follow what they were told by someone. The key is for you to be attached to Gurbani directly and interpret it, rather than having people tell you everything. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

A good descriptive answer by Jacfsing2 above in his post.

It is for that very reason(different opinions of different people), we should discard  those very opinions of manmukhs(most of us); but carefully go through the Bani, and see what the Supreme Authority, in the form of Guru Sahiban, tell us about the question of this present thread, not as result of speculations, but, by personal experience of what they expound.

"Sarab Dharam Meh Shresht Dharam.

Har Ko Naam Jap Nirmal Karam"

We may ask, why only His Naam jaap, is the highest dharam?

Because, it is only by that devotion, that jugtee, we can become one with Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.