• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• You need to go back & read our history. When Dasam patshah sent 5 Singhs to Benares to learn sanskriti etc they were denied access to the ashrams in Benares because of the maryada of those ashrams not allowing weapons etc. The Singhs returned to mahraj & told them what had happened & mahraj then gave them hukam to remove their shaster & gave them peach coloured bana to wear & sent them back to Benares to learn all the vidya then come back & teach all the other Singhs.... this was the birth of the Nirmala Samparda.  Some Nimalas even today wear peach coloured robes & do not carry weapons... they are strictly scholars/sants. Taksal is a combination of both... Baba Deep Singh Ji was a tyar bar tyar shasterdhari yodha soorma but also a scholar/Sant of the highest caliber.... that's why taksal are considered a combination of Khalsa & Nirmalas. Nihangs/Khalsa, taksal/nirmala, sevapanthis & Udasis are the only 'sampardas' started by mahraj themselves.... none of these are 'jathabandis'. Anything 'jathabandi' outside of these are man made & nothing to do with mahraj. The biggest joke is having a jathabandi called NKJ..... nirvair Khalsa jatha.... how can a fauj (Khalsa) be 'Nirvair' (no enmity)???!!!! Dasam Pita created the Khalsa fauj to be a 'vairi' (enemy) of adharam, tyranny, exploitation  of the poor, killing of innocents etc. There is no such thing as 'Nirvair Khalsa'..... mahraj created the 'Khalsa' and that's that.... any group that needs to add extra words to Khalsa... whether it be nirvair Khalsa, babbar khaisa, Banda khalsa etc are all deluded fools..... mahrajs fauj is the Khalsa & will be known as the Khalsa & nothing else
    • Yes, you may take it off I mean for me when I didn't realize i was practicing AKJ's rehit it was hard for me to sleep with a keski on. If you believe keski as a kakkar (like AKJ) then you should probably keep it on and when you are showering you tie it around you waist and you tuck your kanga in there too. You then get your kirpan and tie it around your head after you washed your kes because it could rust (if you have like a wooden case over it then it won't be a problem but just incase). If you think it will burden you then when you are reading nitnem I usually tie a towel turban. It makes it try a bit quicker and is comfortable too.
    • Veer ji, it's not right to say that Nihangs are better than other's. We all achieve to do one thing in life, to take Guru ji's amrit. We all achieve to read bani, do simran, etc. Yes, certain nihangs may do 10 sukhmani sahibs or whatever and that's good but if they are doing it in terms of ego then that's when it is wrong. At the end of the day, we are achieving the same thing.