Sins and good deeds

Guest Singh

When I was younger I stole some chewing gum and a few coins from a boys bag in school. I dont know why i did it and really regret it. Will I have a sin? If I have a sin could it be vanished if i do good deeds?

Thank you

19 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

When I was younger I stole some chewing gum and a few coins from a boys bag in school. I dont know why i did it and really regret it. Will I have a sin? If I have a sin could it be vanished if i do good deeds?

Thank you

Guest Singh Jee,

all actions are seeds planted, which can not be uprooted just like that. Each one will give its fruits at its  due time. There is no such thing to compensate one karma for another. All karmas are deeply engraved on our minds, which get cut off only by going through them.

But yes, there is a way, blessed on us by Wahiguru, to wash any karmas of ours.

And that way, is to get the Gurparsad of His unlimited Grace, which washes the most darkest or heavy karmas.

And to get that Gurparsad, we have to do something which He most likes and expects from us, which is we unconditionally loving Him. And loving Him, means, doing His Bhakti through His Simran.

The Bani tells us: Prabh Ka Simran, man kee mael jaae. Prabh ka Simran, garbh na baseh.

He has kept all the options before us, not it is for us, to decide what we want.

He Himself, or His daat of mayavee creation ...

Sat Sree Akal.

Guest Jacfsing2

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! As @Harsharan000 said, you have to go through Gur-prassad for forgiveness of sins. Karma only means each and every thing will have a future reaction. So unless you get Gur-prassad consider you with a Sin; if you were to do a good thing to cut this, you'd have a 2 sins because we should do good as selfless not to cut any Karma. Also you can't even do pure goodness without Gur-prassad, you can; however, do worldly goodness but as Daas has seen through non-Sikhs doing Worldly good things; they'll get Haumai just trying to do it. This is why Gur-prassad is very important for any progress. Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!