Logic for everything

singhbj singh

Logic for everything

Once upon a time there was a country known as India where what elders said was obeyed without any question....

I am sure soon this will be the opening line of a saga and people will feel nostalgic about the thought itself. Cause nowadays after every command (as perceived by elders) is  a question of why or why not... you a liable to explain if you want the task to be done or followed. You have to give logic, this radical generation asks for reasons at every step. Well still few ancient genes might be alive but with no guarantee. ...They want to know why to go to temple when God is omnipresent ... no they are not atheist ... they are so called GENX.. the logical ones...they want to know why Sikh wear turban and Jain’s do what they do. And mind you, only saying it’s in their tradition is not enough, your explanation has to be logical. This generation is inquisitive and thanks to psychologically driven parenting which says they are right and hence you are each and every moment standing in witness box.... and above all with a hope that we might be developing his intellectual skill with these logics which give our mind a roller coaster ride....... happy parenting ....

• 4 weeks later...

So you're saying logic is not good? 

Logic is what makes us understand more, be it by asking constructive questions. Being logical may put people in a tight spot where they kind of question tradition & Sikhi. But if we teach people the right way like our Gurus did, people will understand the true meaning of Sikhi. Not by dictating things such as " Tradition is tradition, don't question nor doubt" this will only make this more confusing. I hope you understand what i mean.

By the way, why is this in the Motherhood section? Lol

1 hour ago, CEO said:

Logic is what makes us understand more, be it by asking constructive questions. Being logical may put people in a tight spot where they kind of question tradition & Sikhi. But if we teach people the right way like our Gurus did, people will understand the true meaning of Sikhi. Not by dictating things such as " Tradition is tradition, don't question nor doubt" this will only make this more confusing. I hope you understand what i mean.

probably because it is about upbringing ...the new generations . Logic has nothing to do with being curious or argumentative , book learning doesn't make one more or less logical . If the new generation are coming from' it can only be right if it fits into book learning logic' then occasionally Guru ji's logic will confound them because like a child they cannot see into the <spiritual> future so will argue against as their books tell them it is not scientific because of their lack of knowledge in this sphere. 

with life experience and trust in Guru ji's path all will be revealed as to why things have to be  certain way to succeed in life.

1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

probably because it is about upbringing ...the new generations . Logic has nothing to do with being curious or argumentative , book learning doesn't make one more or less logical . If the new generation are coming from' it can only be right if it fits into book learning logic' then occasionally Guru ji's logic will confound them because like a child they cannot see into the <spiritual> future so will argue against as their books tell them it is not scientific because of their lack of knowledge in this sphere. 

with life experience and trust in Guru ji's path all will be revealed as to why things have to be  certain way to succeed in life.

Good point veer. Last paragraph is something to remember till last breath.

14 hours ago, CEO said:

It depends on style of management used by parents

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_styles

Some are groomed to be Pappu's, some intellectuals, some leaders.

At the end of the last academic year, my son brought home his topic book with a page attached and not filled up. The questions were

Christians go to the Church because.......

What I know now?

Sikhs go to the Guradwara because....

What I know now?

Hindus go to the Mandir because.

What I know now?

Muslims go to the Mosque because

What I know now?

(I remember being asked these questions - by him a number of times last year...Not sure I have the answers to give him!!!!

However how do you expect a seven year old to answer these questions? There are no multiple choices !!!!!)

The source of all these questions is their own education system which questions them and puzzles them and it is passed on to the parents...........

Now I was doing that homework indirectly..... well at least he remembered correctly where who goes to pray...

The big question which he had though was what if a Christian went to a mosque or if a Sikh went to a church...... was there any disaster awaiting them?

Bhein ji most of the schools arrange trips to religious places just to make them aware of what goes on their.

So eventually your son will come to know.

In the mean time show him news articles or videos of such trips made online.

As for the questionnaire, it is probably meant for parents.

Gora's are smart they wanna know your psyche and behaviour towards other religions.

6 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Bhein ji most of the schools arrange trips to religious places just to make them aware of what goes on their.

So eventually your son will come to know.

In the mean time show him news articles or videos of such trips made online.

As for the questionnaire, it is probably meant for parents.

Gora's are smart they wanna know your psyche and behaviour towards other religions.

Their school arranged a visit to all these religious places but my sons year did not go. The questionnaire was actually given to the children to do in the class. I only got his book after his academic year has ended. 

The questions have sparked a lot of brain cracking on my part as he asked me those questions without telling me that it was given to him in the class. The page is blank which means he did not know what to write as an answer. The teacher has not supplied any answers either. 

The best I could explain to him is that God is one, but in the start people were in their own regions and there was no migration. Therefore they all followed the same religion. When people started mixing, their religious places started too. 

God is one... ik on kaar... was taken by him with loads of debate. One day when we were sitting in the Guradwara he pointed to the 4 giani sahibs and asked me one simple question.... Mum please tell me which one of them is God!!!!!

So it led to an explanation of how God is like the air, cannot be seen and he is all powerful. 

The next day, I was trying to listen to a video on Why we need to fear God. I told him... I am a bit busy now I am watching a video on why we need to fear God. Well, he was impatient, so we went to jump on the trampoline. Then he said to me... i finally have understood God. We need to fear him because he's got really big teeth... if you are not careful he may come and bite you.

I tried hard not to crack up... but the main question is ... no one really has the answers as to what God is. Everyone understands according to what is revealed to them. However we all seek him, angels and men alike.

it is supposedly for kids to know about others cultures and beliefs and to share , I had cultural day and similar questions before the summer break . They had a picnic where the kids wore their cultures clothes and share their cultures foods too. it's a good intention but it seems bhain ji's son's school were a little haphazard with explanation or planning .

I would never ask a teacher for what to tell your child about something so important as faith as many parents don't realise that many teacher can colour the kid's minds against faith and other cultures . My sons were taught religious education by openly hostile atheists , thankfully they had always come to me as little ones with their questions about sometimes very deep stuff and we talked about it. If I didn't know we would look together at what Sikhi says and what other groups say. 

I know it's hard because you are busy, but they only have one naive childhood where you can make them sure of themselves and give them the truth and non-judgemental aspect of others' ideas. the reward will come later when they grow up into wonderful strong humans who can see humanity as one , seperate from political manipulation of mayadharis. 

you could show him some of the basics of sikhi kiddie stuff to explain Guru, Waheguru, Khalsa and how sikhs are meant to be , before looking up other faiths . My daughter had an inkling of places where people go to do waheguru waheguru i.e. church, synagogue, mosque(turkish one near my Mum's) and would announce when she would see a place ...later she realise that there many names people use for Waheguru . , then from there she learnt that they have different ways of eating and drinking , dressing and speaking . 

It 's a good opportunity to familiarise yourself with the local places of worship location wise , if you visit maybe find something cool going on: our local church has a yearly flower display and show inside for autumn as well as collection of tinned goods and toiletries for the local shelter (link it to sewa concept helps him to see that others do this ).