Getting Back Up

Guest Samosa

Guest Samosa

A couple of years ago I began to really feel pyaar for Vaheguru. I felt like my Guru was, my Guru, and I'd never felt that before in my life. Things were going so well, I was learning so much, things made sense, and at times I had knowledge on certain things I didn't before (not sure how to explain it, but I didn't feel that at the time, but with hindsight I can see how different I was). I was more in touch with myself, with other people, and with emotions. I was empathetic, more compassionate, the things I'd always wanted to be. At the time, I was a happy person and felt happy, but didn't realise how different I really was to before I began feeling like this. It was as if I had just woken up.

Unfortunately, I fell. I suddenly (literally. Am really not exaggerating) entered a sad, low, numb phase and it was the worst experience I have experienced in my life. I barely remember it now because I've never felt so numb. I just hated everything, felt like nothing was okay (because nothing was) and knew how weak I was for giving in. But I couldn't care less, because I was so numb. I could go on and write pages of this.

Anyway, I have sort of come out of that phase, but now I basically have nothing. I don't feel the urge to do a single thing; I don't read Bani anymore (I am amritshak), I don't listen to Kirtan anymore, I don't go to the Gurdwara, I'm still ashamed of myself for being weak and uneducated. I can barely be bothered to type this actually but I know I need to do something because I don't want to waste anymore of my life.

Sikhi is the only medicine that I feel will cure me. Without it, I would have fallen into that 'depressed' phase years and years ago. But I don't feel like taking my medicine. I don't feel like I'll be able to get back to how I was when I was in chardikala.

Please, please, please give me some advice! I want so bad to reverse time to when I was progressing in my life for the first time. I can easily fall back into my worst phase but at the same time I won't let myself. I know Guru ji never leaves us, but I feel alone.

How do I get myself back up?

10 hours ago, Guest Samosa said:

A couple of years ago I began to really feel pyaar for Vaheguru. I felt like my Guru was, my Guru, and I'd never felt that before in my life. Things were going so well, I was learning so much, things made sense, and at times I had knowledge on certain things I didn't before (not sure how to explain it, but I didn't feel that at the time, but with hindsight I can see how different I was). I was more in touch with myself, with other people, and with emotions. I was empathetic, more compassionate, the things I'd always wanted to be. At the time, I was a happy person and felt happy, but didn't realise how different I really was to before I began feeling like this. It was as if I had just woken up.

Unfortunately, I fell. I suddenly (literally. Am really not exaggerating) entered a sad, low, numb phase and it was the worst experience I have experienced in my life. I barely remember it now because I've never felt so numb. I just hated everything, felt like nothing was okay (because nothing was) and knew how weak I was for giving in. But I couldn't care less, because I was so numb. I could go on and write pages of this.

Anyway, I have sort of come out of that phase, but now I basically have nothing. I don't feel the urge to do a single thing; I don't read Bani anymore (I am amritshak), I don't listen to Kirtan anymore, I don't go to the Gurdwara, I'm still ashamed of myself for being weak and uneducated. I can barely be bothered to type this actually but I know I need to do something because I don't want to waste anymore of my life.

Sikhi is the only medicine that I feel will cure me. Without it, I would have fallen into that 'depressed' phase years and years ago. But I don't feel like taking my medicine. I don't feel like I'll be able to get back to how I was when I was in chardikala.

Please, please, please give me some advice! I want so bad to reverse time to when I was progressing in my life for the first time. I can easily fall back into my worst phase but at the same time I won't let myself. I know Guru ji never leaves us, but I feel alone.

How do I get myself back up?

Samosa Ji, I went through a phase like that too and sometimes, it's not only you, but we go through these phases. 

Hukam is the way forward. 

हुकमी होवनि आकार हुकमु न कहिआ जाई ॥

Hukmī hovan ākār hukam na kahi▫ā jā▫ī.

By the Lord's order bodies are produced. His order cannot be narrated.

हुकमी होवनि जीअ हुकमि मिलै वडिआई ॥

Hukmī hovan jī▫a hukam milai vadi▫ā▫ī.

With His fiat the souls come into being and with His fiat greatness is obtained.

हुकमी उतमु नीचु हुकमि लिखि दुख सुख पाईअहि ॥

Hukmī uṯam nīcẖ hukam likẖ ḏukẖ sukẖ pā▫ī▫ah.

By His command the mortals are make high and low and by His written command they obtain woe and weal.

इकना हुकमी बखसीस इकि हुकमी सदा भवाईअहि ॥

Iknā hukmī bakẖsīs ik hukmī saḏā bẖavā▫ī▫ah.

Some obtain gifts through His order and some through His order are ever made to wander in transmigration.

हुकमै अंदरि सभु को बाहरि हुकम न कोइ ॥

Hukmai anḏar sabẖ ko bāhar hukam na ko▫e.

All are subject to His fiat and none is exempt from His fiat.

नानक हुकमै जे बुझै त हउमै कहै न कोइ ॥२॥

Nānak hukmai je bujẖai ṯa ha▫umai kahai na ko▫e. ||2||

O Nanak! if man were to understand Lord's fiat, then no one would take pride (speak in ego).

SGGS Ji Ang 1

?? Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji

Have you had your blood tests done? Get Vit D studies and Vit B12 done too. 

Have you seen a professional about this? A counsellor? 

You need to see your doctor in case their is any deficiencies or health condition that maybe causing this. 

Dont put pressure on yourself, let it happen at its natural pace. 

There is nothing to be ashamed of, it happens, don't worry. Start to love yourself again and slowly the love for God will come back. 

Have you seen a professional about this? A counsellor? 

Sikh helpline may be considered:

http://sikhhelpline.com

Why are you feeling alone all of a sudden? Has something happened in your life that has caused stress? You are not alone, we all came alone in this world. 

Do relaxation methods to reduce the stress. 

Try listening to Gurbani in small steps and then reciting with it if it's too much to cope with all at once. 

Whats your environment like? You need to have social contact too, to motivate yourself. Fresh air is a must, go out for walks and view the nature of this world. 

Some shabads for you:

Which country are you in? 

Ask them when the next camp is and attend it. They have shabads on YouTube to listen to:

http://gurunanakhealing.com

Do your Ardas to Waheguru to help you. Don't give up, get back up, again and again .

Try to remember ur death all the times

or atleast 4,5 times a day that will make you closer to God

mout nu yad rakhan nal parmeshar da bhao chit bich vasda hai