Help to maintain my Sikhi?

Guest NeedAdvice

Guest NeedAdvice

Vaheguru Ji,

In my house, only me and my are amritdhari; other family members is my dad and friend who is living with us temporarily. So basically, I try to read as much gurbani as I can but my dad and friend think I'm crazy lol. Just because I don't get that involved in their worldly affairs, I'm less of a human being. Sometimes my ego kicks in and I missing my amritvela because I want to please my dad or friend by staying up late with them. I never missed nitnem with gurus kirpa and I want to keep it this way. So my question is how do I make them understand that Sikhi is important to me? How do I answer questions such as "you only have interest in Sikhi and that's it?" Or some times they ask why do you follow all these rehits? I just want them to understand my lifestyle isnt like theirs. They think I live a weaker/sadder lifestyle tham them.

Remember, they are regular Punjabi people. I try to explain the rehit as outline as well with gurbani time but it just doesn't go through. Need a simple practical way to approach this.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Guest NeedAdvice said:

Vaheguru Ji,

In my house, only me and my are amritdhari; other family members is my dad and friend who is living with us temporarily. So basically, I try to read as much gurbani as I can but my dad and friend think I'm crazy lol. Just because I don't get that involved in their worldly affairs, I'm less of a human being. Sometimes my ego kicks in and I missing my amritvela because I want to please my dad or friend by staying up late with them. I never missed nitnem with gurus kirpa and I want to keep it this way. So my question is how do I make them understand that Sikhi is important to me? How do I answer questions such as "you only have interest in Sikhi and that's it?" Or some times they ask why do you follow all these rehits? I just want them to understand my lifestyle isnt like theirs. They think I live a weaker/sadder lifestyle tham them.

Remember, they are regular Punjabi people. I try to explain the rehit as outline as well with gurbani time but it just doesn't go through. Need a simple practical way to approach this.

Thanks

May be of help:

http://manvirsingh.blogspot.co.uk/2006/04/i-want-to-take-amrit-but-my-parents_11.html?m=1