What was Guru Ji's rational behind the commandment Sikh daughters should only be given to Sikhs for marriage?

genie

11 hours ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

Karl Marx's theory is as valid today as it was in his day and age! Religion is an opiate of the poor, uneducated, oppressed and the ignorant masses!  It is a tool in the hands of the few powerful to control the powerless ignorant disadvantaged masses. This is exactly what was happening when the first Sikh Guru Nanak came to this world. The Hindu priests knew how to control ignorant masses with religious doctrines which they minipulated  and misinterpreted to serve their interests! Then the Ottoman rulers used religion to convert masses of indigenous Indians! I am not incorrect. 

Stop playing the multiple ids card when you lose your patience or your argument. Besides, education is not just a piece of paper, it signifies expansion of one's mind and thinking, which the great philosopher and thinker possessed. You cannot compete with his fine thinking and philosophy. 

4 hours ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

Ah, yes, you have finally supplied me with a bone to chew on. 

1. Karl Marx was not a troll like you, either!

2. Karl Marx was a highly intelligent human being, he would have no problems formulating another theory on 'bikinis and extremist governments!'

3. I would say, in conclusion, that you have thirst (not lack) for knowledge the size of the Titanic, which you shy away from admitting to yourself!  You think you can control others with your titanic supercilious attitude! Are you a member of the 'Control Freak Brigade' by any chance?

4. I think you must not ever leave yours. Keep attending, good attendence record will benefit you enormously! 

5. When we cooperate with others, we can accomplish a great deal. It is also known as 'teamwork or team effort!' Moreover, 'mickey mouse arrogance' can accomplish more than condescending Titanic sized ignorance can. They say, it takes one to know one, I mean 'stup*d!'

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Why don't you preach your nonsense elsewhere. Btw this is a religious website.

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

So JKV am I right in my understanding that your husband is not sikh? Did you get married in the gurdwara?

I'm not sure how to reconcile some of your opinions with this?

Nobody should be insulting people personally on this site, not everyone has to agree with everything people do on this site. (Like if you decided to go under the "GUPT" section and said that you liked a Non-Sikh people would be assisting you, not throwing more weight. Also from what she has stated in previous posts; her husband has already been someone trying to follow Sikhi, and her kids are Sikhs.

2 hours ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

So JKV am I right in my understanding that your husband is not sikh? Did you get married in the gurdwara?

I'm not sure how to reconcile some of your opinions with this?

my definition of sikh proper is Khalsa , however my husband is coming from another culture and so would fall in sehajdhari category and no I do not mean mona , he has full kesh , keeps dharda parkash, has learnt gurmukhi and can read, obviously doesn't have a massive vocab (in terms of bani) but still learning , goes to Gurdwara , gives daswand, doesn't eat meat eggs etc and supports his sons who are amritdhari 100% . He is torn as his family guilt trip him on his changes/lifestyle but he is being pulled by sikhi strongly. When we got engaged it was in Guru ji Hazoori and the same for our marriage , we have worked through life together with Guru ji as our guide , we have taught our children about sikhi  as we were supposed to. We are sikhs . You come across a little like the teacher who told me your kid is half brazilian and half sikh ...you are either sikh or not it has nothing to do with birth, nationality or colour.