Near death experience, please explain

Guest Singh

On 29 July 2016 at 11:12 AM, Mann-Sahib said:

GUEST SINGH

Hi I had to reply to this, I dont know if I can help you but I wanted to share my own experience.

I am now 37 but this particular event happened around 20 / 21 years old.I was at university at the time but living at home, i was always a heavy sleeper and my Mum would usually come to my room to wake me up.

This one day I was asleep in my bed - but I was'nt.  My body was asleep in my bed like usual but my spirit was in the lotus position - like when we sit in the Gurudwara.  I was fully aware that I was in the position outside of my body, it was like once being out of my body I had other senses and a greater sense of this different type of awareness that I would not normally know.  Anyway while in this out of body state I could on a spiritual level feel my Mum wake up and actually know what she was thinking - I could sort of hear her thoughts, she was getting up out of bed to see if I was awake and as she was coming close r to my door I could here here thoughts (on a spiritual level) - as she was coming closer to my bedroom door she was thinking to wake me up as she sort of knew I was still sleeping.  I could sense all this in her mind without any physical communication between me and my Mum, then as she touched the door somehow my spirit / soul was dragged back into my body and as I went into my body I could feel a sort of scratching sensation all over me as I entered my body fully.  When I entered my body my Mum opened the door and I was instantly awake and before she said anything told her im waking up now.

Anyway that day I just got dressed like normal and went to Uni and just carried on like normal.

Somehow that experience that I went through felt normal to me, I think i have been through such experiences before and just forgot about them.  But one thing did stick with me, the total belief in the total fact that there is something else out there apart from this dimension we physically live in - I would just know this and be totally comfortable with this.

I did'nt get all religious or anything, I have been a trim Singh all my life.  But there were phases before and after this event due to personal issues I used to do the Rehraas Paath with devotion.... I always noticed that when doing so regularly my life would be better, plus I would have this sense where I would just know the outcome of something.

Anyway, fast forward some years and my Father passed away due to a cardiac arrest, was rescucitated and brought back.  My Dad never awoke from this coma has his heart had stopped beating for 20 minutes and he had sever brain damage, he died that same week.

This event made me start reading into near death experiences, people that have had cardiac arrest (where their heart stops for a duration) and then get brought back sometimes tell stories afterwards detailing shining bright light and seeing dead relatives or seeing some energy that tells them to go back...  Anyway I read about these experiences which also included out of body experiences, like the one I had. 

It seems lots of people have them, some people change and become devoted to God as they themselves have had concrete proof of another dimension that exists.  I fully believe we have other dimensions which is also backed up by our Sikhi, the soul does not die we just move on.

Many people that have had such experiences start experiencing new senses or weird things that occur without any explanation.  One thing that I remember after my out of body experience was that everytime I would simply walk passed out home computer it would start up or turn off (if already on) - I never thought anything of this apart from something being wrong with it - this went on for years, I even took the PC back to Curries and no fault was found.  But after my Dad passed away and I read into other people experiences it seems that issues with electrical equipment / items is common - they either done work or do not function like they should do for people that have had this out of body experience.

I live my life normally with a full belief / knowledge that we have other dimensions and that we are here to do seva of humanity - I still have not done any seva I am in the process of kickstarting that chain of Seva....   I sort of know my role in this life and world, I just know it - it is to do seva of humanity and of our Sikh people affected by hardships.

I dont know if any of this is related to what the original poster went through, but wanted to share what I have been through.  I believe that I am very lucky for experiencing this and have realised what I must do in life, the original poster will soon also know what he / she needs to do.  It will come with time and you will reflect on this experience to make the link.

Sorry if this sounds weird, it all happened to me and wanted to share this with you.

It doesn't, 

Ive had experiences like these since childhood. They started turning into darshans and like you, I now know I have a massive purpose in life which involves serving. 

If you're blessed to realise there's more than just this, an unshakable belief which is a blessing a lot of people don't have, immediately you're meant to give back, that's your blessing. 

We are here to serve humanity out of the illusion whilst living and enjoying life. Our Gurus are examples of this, they physically got up and served and taught, Truth in action. 

On 29 July 2016 at 8:24 AM, Guest Singh said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

My Sikh brothers and sisters, I had a very troubling experience recently, and cannot make sense of what is going on. I post this for some spiritual guidance, and hope somebody has relevant passages from Guru Granth Sahib Ji that can point me in the right direction.

One late evening a year ago, I was in a very bad situation driving my car, I do not want to go in detail. At the point at which I should have died, I had a vague vision of seeing bright light, and I believe I saw a baba with a white beard, I want to say he was standing behind a tall podium or something like that. Its so vague now, I dont recall how long this vision was, any detail, or if anything was said. Then right after that, I had another dream or vision so vivid, it felt real- My heart jolted and I was back in my car, but I could see the passenger next to me dead, and in a very gruesome situation. My heart jolted, and then I remember seeing emergency lights behind me, and came back to reality. I was so scared to look to my right, but when I did, my passenger was now alive and unscathed.

I was not particularly religious before this event. But after the event although I am still a mona sikh, I wear my Kara more often and recite Japji sahib every day. I should have died that night, and every day I ask myself "am I really alive?". And even a few times I can almost even convince myself that I am really dead and this reality is just an illusion (very strong deja vu at times).

A strange thing happened recently on the one year anniversary of my "death". I had markings break out on my body- and inflate parts of my skin (kind of like how a mosquito bite does). I also had red scratches all over my body- like the kind you get when you itch skin too much with long nails. This has never happened to me before, and I find the coincidence to be unbelievable.

Maybe I am going mad....maybe guru ji was trying to send me a message to save my life and put me in the right direction. I dont know- but I would really appreciate the sangats advice on what is happening and if there are any passages relevant to my situation. Thank you for your time.

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa, Waheguru Ji ki fateh 

You're not going mad and nothing is a coincidence, if your heart tells you the markings are connected to the experience then you should listen to it. 

I had a dream once about a saint dressed in white having a conversation with me. It felt so real that when I woke up I believed and accepted everything I remembered him saying. 

I have had had dreams and visions with my eyes open of people who appear more real than people in real life, seen colours in my dreams which are so vivid and don't even exist in real life. 

The fact is that this is a khel, a test world to discover truth. Life is a blessing, but it is temporary. There is a lot to learn here, even masters can learn here. 

You have a second chance now so embrace it, Enjoy it beyond the bulls*t and learn. Free yourself from the chains of maya and live your life in freedom. 

• 1 month later...
On 20 September 2016 at 5:31 AM, Guest Reet said:

Nothing. Absolutely nothing veerji. It means nothing. It's like a dream. When we have a weird dream, do we get perturbed by what it meant? It's our brains playing tricks. Near death experiences are common than you think. We all have this vision of dying and our souls moving to bright light. A gatekeeper who resembles God deciding our afterlife or if he wants us to go to narak etc etc and all that good stuff. Almost all religions have the same "story" & you have heard them all. When you had that experience, your brain prepared you to "see" what you believed in. That was what it was- your brain playing that virtual reality scenario. 

When you saw your passenger dying, that's your fear. Your brain made you believe you were in a horrible accident and your passenger died. 

Thst rash appearing is probably an allergy. Don't think too much into it. You and I both know NO ONE can explain this. Science and technology is still making slow progress to showcase how exactly our brains work. 

Science and technology cannot explain spirituality. Spirituality is beyond logic. Therefore I wouldn't bank on science and technology being able to explain a dream, darshans or visions, the law of karma, true unconditional Love etc, creation, including the creation of the universe, etc It's beyond logic. 

Lot's of posts on here with bits of useful information.

I'm just going to keep it short and answer the op's question to the best of my knowledge. NOTE- this is just my answer and my understanding of how MInd-Body-atma works.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:24 AM, Guest Singh said:

A strange thing happened recently on the one year anniversary of my "death". I had markings break out on my body- and inflate parts of my skin (kind of like how a mosquito bite does). I also had red scratches all over my body- like the kind you get when you itch skin too much with long nails. This has never happened to me before, and I find the coincidence to be unbelievable.

Maybe I am going mad....maybe guru ji was trying to send me a message to save my life and put me in the right direction. I dont know- but I would really appreciate the sangats advice on what is happening and if there are any passages relevant to my situation. Thank you for your time.

This is very believable. It seems you were given a second chance or simply the opportunity to experience the sukham(subtle) dealings of mind and atma. No one can give you the real answer because only YOU can find this.  HOW do you do that??

By going inwards. Finding yourself, Japna, simran to cleanse your inner self to find the jyot.

I truly believe that the rash was your body's way of "signalling" the message to remind you again. You had already remembered and mentally highlighted the significance of the yearly date, but I think that deep down, a part of you knows that you have not made the efforts to begin your journey of searching prabh seriously. Think of the rash/body signal as a little kick up the backside for you to get cracking.

Believe me, once you begin doing Saas graas, saas saas simran and then deeper meditation,.. then the necessary answers and gyaan will come to you. You will know the reason why Waheguru spared you and you will know what needs to be done in life.   I also suggest that you begin reading more gurbani and start to distance yourself from worldly attachments. The universal Gobind will start making changes in your life anyway and already you may have noticed that certain friends, family members..etc. are now somewhat distant in your life and newer faces may be appearing. ( Waheguru starts breaking the bonds of all negative people in your life as stated in Gurbani) Also, old habits, desires, ambitions. etc may have began to disappear or just don't seem possible any more.  This is all part of the play, but at the end of the day, you need to break away externally and strengthen internally to find your answers.

It may take you a while to find the direction you should be going in but the Lord will take a hundred steps towards you for every single one you take.

I know about NDE's and that a lot of accounts are not genuine in totality. I was in coma for a month from a very serious motor vehicle accident. I was resuscitated on the scene from cardiac and respiratory arrest.  I don't recall anything, but they say it was a matter of seconds when they pulled me out, resuscitated and got me airlifted in helicopter to hospital. I never go in deep detail of my NDE but I do want to clarify that there are many realms, lower worlds, middle worlds and heavens as well as temporary places of suffering(hells).

Gurbani has all the answers and when you begin your inner journey, gurbani will speak to you with knowledge, answers and confirmations, that you woud have never noticed before, even if you had read it thousands of times!

You went through a lot Lucky paji, thank you for sharing this. 

The universal Gobind will start making changes in your life anyway and already you may have noticed that certain friends, family members..etc. are now somewhat distant in your life and newer faces may be appearing. ( Waheguru starts breaking the bonds of all negative people in your life as stated in Gurbani) Also, old habits, desires, ambitions. etc may have began to disappear or just don't seem possible any more. 

??

14 hours ago, luckysingh99 said:

Lot's of posts on here with bits of useful information.

I'm just going to keep it short and answer the op's question to the best of my knowledge. NOTE- this is just my answer and my understanding of how MInd-Body-atma works.

This is very believable. It seems you were given a second chance or simply the opportunity to experience the sukham(subtle) dealings of mind and atma. No one can give you the real answer because only YOU can find this.  HOW do you do that??

By going inwards. Finding yourself, Japna, simran to cleanse your inner self to find the jyot.

I truly believe that the rash was your body's way of "signalling" the message to remind you again. You had already remembered and mentally highlighted the significance of the yearly date, but I think that deep down, a part of you knows that you have not made the efforts to begin your journey of searching prabh seriously. Think of the rash/body signal as a little kick up the backside for you to get cracking.

Believe me, once you begin doing Saas graas, saas saas simran and then deeper meditation,.. then the necessary answers and gyaan will come to you. You will know the reason why Waheguru spared you and you will know what needs to be done in life.   I also suggest that you begin reading more gurbani and start to distance yourself from worldly attachments. The universal Gobind will start making changes in your life anyway and already you may have noticed that certain friends, family members..etc. are now somewhat distant in your life and newer faces may be appearing. ( Waheguru starts breaking the bonds of all negative people in your life as stated in Gurbani) Also, old habits, desires, ambitions. etc may have began to disappear or just don't seem possible any more.  This is all part of the play, but at the end of the day, you need to break away externally and strengthen internally to find your answers.

It may take you a while to find the direction you should be going in but the Lord will take a hundred steps towards you for every single one you take.

I know about NDE's and that a lot of accounts are not genuine in totality. I was in coma for a month from a very serious motor vehicle accident. I was resuscitated on the scene from cardiac and respiratory arrest.  I don't recall anything, but they say it was a matter of seconds when they pulled me out, resuscitated and got me airlifted in helicopter to hospital. I never go in deep detail of my NDE but I do want to clarify that there are many realms, lower worlds, middle worlds and heavens as well as temporary places of suffering(hells).

Gurbani has all the answers and when you begin your inner journey, gurbani will speak to you with knowledge, answers and confirmations, that you woud have never noticed before, even if you had read it thousands of times!

Great post :)

Often its the case that pain is the remedy and pleasure is the disease. Challenging times can give us the opportunity to detach from the darkness with great force, seeing only a thin ray of light which we grab hold of and in rare cases, never let go.

We can be blessed to develop an almost unshakable faith which we may never have done had we been blessed with a life of mostly sukh. 

When you you begin to be taken into attachment to sukh and start to forget Him, we can remember the dark time we went through and how He was our only solace and friend to lean on. 

• 8 months later...
Guest Guest Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Hi everyone, this is the OP. It has been 13 months since the original post. Thank you all for your spiritual guidance, I referred back to this thread today and it brought a tear to my eye. I am grateful to be part of such a wonderful community, I am truly touched by the kindness and support I have received in this thread.

I just want to give an update. I hope that you guys can point me in the right direction once again, and I also want to record my experience somewhere in case it happens to somebody else.

After the events of the first post, I started to meditate on Wahegurus name, and I recite the first two parts of Japji Sahib every morning through memorization. I also listened to Rehras Sahib, Kirtan Sohlia, and Waheguru on repeat on YouTube as I try to sleep.

A few months after my post I had another dream or vision of the baba in white- for only the second time in my life it happened (first time being at the NDE). Strangely, even though it is a positive image, around this time I had an overwhelming feeling of dread and knew something bad was going to happen. Weird things would happen too with my electronics malfunctioning, got some skin irritations, and just overall felt uneasy. A week or two later, my feelings of dread came true because there was a huge fire near my neighborhood and my dog died unexpectedly at the same time. That really affected me negatively, and I stopped praying as much as I used to, particularly meditating, because I feel it "opened me up" spiritually too much in a way, and made me too susceptible to the energies around me.

Now the other weird part- After these events, the deja Vu I mentioned in my first post got stronger and stronger. There are days where I have to ask myself if this reality is real and whether I am truly alive. Sometimes I am convinced that I died in that car a couple years ago and was reborn immediately in some kind of alternate universe because of all these weird things that started happening to me after the car incident. 

Sorry for my ramblings, I would love to get your thoughts on this. Thanks again for your time.

4 hours ago, Guest Guest Singh said:

Hi everyone, this is the OP. It has been 13 months since the original post. Thank you all for your spiritual guidance, I referred back to this thread today and it brought a tear to my eye. I am grateful to be part of such a wonderful community, I am truly touched by the kindness and support I have received in this thread.

I just want to give an update. I hope that you guys can point me in the right direction once again, and I also want to record my experience somewhere in case it happens to somebody else.

After the events of the first post, I started to meditate on Wahegurus name, and I recite the first two parts of Japji Sahib every morning through memorization. I also listened to Rehras Sahib, Kirtan Sohlia, and Waheguru on repeat on YouTube as I try to sleep.

Please read more Japji Sahib so you can understand more about the different spiritual khands as well (these are described near the end of the paat).

13 hours ago, Guest Guest Singh said:

because I feel it "opened me up" spiritually too much in a way, and made me too susceptible to the energies around me.

This is exactly what some powers around you want. They want you to stop meditating. Go on with full faith. These visions will keep coming however with time, they will change as your karma which has led you to this will get cancelled out. Keep praying no matter what. God is fearless. Perform mool mantra jap for getting the fearless quality in you too.