BibaKaur

Introduction to the Forum

5 posts in this topic

wjkk wjkf 

Thanks to the mods for creating this forum for young sikh couples for there journey to parenthood. I hope to see healthy discussions in this forum by those of us that are trying to conceive, pregnancy questions and new parenthood experiences and questions.

Please feel free to post any questions you may have, and also share good health related articles here.

I have been assigned the seva to run this sub-forum, as I have recently gone through these experiences myself. I hope we all can benefit from sharing our experiences.

wjkk wjkf

4 people like this

15 hours ago, BibaKaur said:

wjkk wjkf 

Thanks to the mods for creating this forum for young sikh couples for there journey to parenthood. I hope to see healthy discussions in this forum by those of us that are trying to conceive, pregnancy questions and new parenthood experiences and questions.

Please feel free to post any questions you may have, and also share good health related articles here.

I have been assigned the seva to run this sub-forum, as I have recently gone through these experiences myself. I hope we all can benefit from sharing our experiences.

wjkk wjkf

Thank you for this section, good idea. Hope to see some good contribution of posts too. 

One question I noticed in past threads was, what paat or Gurbani is best to do when trying for and during pregnancy. That seemed to be a popular question. If any mother or father or any contributor could get the dice rolling in this section regarding that? 

Edited by simran345
4 people like this

Good topic. 

I have heard it is beneficial to do jaap of the  shabad "satgur saache dia bhej" while trying, and during pregnancy "sir mastak rakhia parbrahm" 

More input is needed from gursikh members! 

3 people like this

8 hours ago, BibaKaur said:

Good topic. 

I have heard it is beneficial to do jaap of the  shabad "satgur saache dia bhej" while trying, and during pregnancy "sir mastak rakhia parbrahm" 

I'm assuming non Gursikh women can do this jaap too? 

I would like to just add this, as it also has information of long term health conditions, where one should arrange to have an appointment with their doctors or consultants  to cover what will help them and what is relevant to their health condition, aswell as support available. 

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/planning-pregnancy.aspx

Edited by simran345

On 26 July 2016 at 5:06 PM, BibaKaur said:

Good topic. 

The more Baani you recite the better during pre, during and post pregnancy.  

2 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• I saw this on Instagram this morning. Makes me feel so sick how he says everything like he's a true gangster. Won't be long till we give a response but I guess hundreds of apne have exploded his DM's with disses.
    • Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa
      Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh, ji 1stly, I see a clear difference between amritdharis and hindus because our guru sahib jis have denied certain hindu practices (and if it ever felt like I have said there is no difference in the past then I am sorry for my mistake). 2ndly I agree with sikhs not wearing hindu threads. What I was saying in my post was that I have no objection with strangers in real life because who am I to advise a stranger since I don't know anything about them. Hindu threads are not gurmat.. practices that our guru sahib jis have not taken part of is not seen as part of sikhi to me. Sorry for the misunderstanding Singh ji.. There are a lot of things I've changed my mind on due to the cycle of learning. Another reason why I choose to not advise people to practice anything other than patth.  bhull chuk maaf kijye Vaheguru ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh
    • Bit of a leap your making my friend by implicitly saying all Hindus see shiva as a devta as 'god' Hindu philosophy has many congruent philosophical threads as sikhi. One of which is that there are many avatars or more accurately characteristics of Ongkaar. The term Vahiguroo is used in the Bhagat bani and to reduce it to a definable 'object'  is no different than idolatry ..  The dominant practices  of Hinduism as well as Islam is what was criticised and rejected.. Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught us to transcend narrow ideas, the foolishness in creating and trying to own the truth.. 
    • By saying the above she is trying to obscure the clear difference between Sikhs and Hindus.  If a person wants to worship the Gurus then worship the Gurus as they taught.  Instead these Hindus are worshipping in their manmat way.  Saying Vaheguru before an idol as a form of worship is no different for when Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji tells Hindus not to worship idols by saying a devi or devta name.  Vaheguru description and form of worship is given in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.  If Hindus want to worship by saying Vaheguru then follow Gurbani instructions.  Gurbani uses the name shiva to describe an attribute of Vaheguru.  But Hindus are worshipping Shiva the devta who came down went against Vaheguru Hukam and died.  By saying vaheguru before a shivling the Hindus are calling shiva thee Vaheguru.  They are being clever by taking gullible people to worship a shivling of Shiva.   Sikhs do not wear Hindu threads.  These threads have some sort of manmat behind them.  This poster does not clearly say she objects to Sikhs wearing these threads because she thinks according to Gurmat wearing a thread is right.  Now in this topic she is going on about how she does not tell others what to do.  She is a bold face liar because anyone can see her objections to Sikhs eating meat on a different topic.  Also she is trying to give merit to wearing threads by saying a lot of people do it.  Again another Hindu fable to get others to follow them to reincarnation.  Sikhs will always have a problem with the Hindu thread because it creates some to be more deserving of Gods worship because they were born in a certain family than another who was born to a so called lower family lineage.  Some threads are worn to keep away evil spirits which is also against the Sikhs teaching.