BibaKaur

Introduction to the Forum

5 posts in this topic

wjkk wjkf 

Thanks to the mods for creating this forum for young sikh couples for there journey to parenthood. I hope to see healthy discussions in this forum by those of us that are trying to conceive, pregnancy questions and new parenthood experiences and questions.

Please feel free to post any questions you may have, and also share good health related articles here.

I have been assigned the seva to run this sub-forum, as I have recently gone through these experiences myself. I hope we all can benefit from sharing our experiences.

wjkk wjkf

4 people like this

15 hours ago, BibaKaur said:

wjkk wjkf 

Thanks to the mods for creating this forum for young sikh couples for there journey to parenthood. I hope to see healthy discussions in this forum by those of us that are trying to conceive, pregnancy questions and new parenthood experiences and questions.

Please feel free to post any questions you may have, and also share good health related articles here.

I have been assigned the seva to run this sub-forum, as I have recently gone through these experiences myself. I hope we all can benefit from sharing our experiences.

wjkk wjkf

Thank you for this section, good idea. Hope to see some good contribution of posts too. 

One question I noticed in past threads was, what paat or Gurbani is best to do when trying for and during pregnancy. That seemed to be a popular question. If any mother or father or any contributor could get the dice rolling in this section regarding that? 

Edited by simran345
4 people like this

Good topic. 

I have heard it is beneficial to do jaap of the  shabad "satgur saache dia bhej" while trying, and during pregnancy "sir mastak rakhia parbrahm" 

More input is needed from gursikh members! 

3 people like this

8 hours ago, BibaKaur said:

Good topic. 

I have heard it is beneficial to do jaap of the  shabad "satgur saache dia bhej" while trying, and during pregnancy "sir mastak rakhia parbrahm" 

I'm assuming non Gursikh women can do this jaap too? 

I would like to just add this, as it also has information of long term health conditions, where one should arrange to have an appointment with their doctors or consultants  to cover what will help them and what is relevant to their health condition, aswell as support available. 

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/planning-pregnancy.aspx

Edited by simran345

On 26 July 2016 at 5:06 PM, BibaKaur said:

Good topic. 

The more Baani you recite the better during pre, during and post pregnancy.  

2 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• @harsharan000 i miss your words of wisdom posts... hope all is well. 
    • It's not just RS, you have other cults out there too. They use gurbani to lure people to fill their pockets. They are leeches, do not follow these so called cults... so called baba trilochan das has even started charging money for prashad. Rebranding Ayurvedic as guru prashadam and sell it to their followers - google it.... People Need to wake up. Faith is a business for these so called pakhadis.
    • God doesn't have a name, if you were a true Sikh you'd know that from Jaap Sahib. Nice try but your Devta Pooja Bhajans are just that, don't lump it with the supreme essence of God, that stuff there is trash compared to it. You didn't even know that the name Raam used in Gurbani isn't a name but a divine attribute.  Nice try but that song is talking about a being filling the person with energy and being their life support. You're so biased that just because the word Raam is there you start screeching its about God, when the person who sung it has a page devoted ENTIRELY to Ram Chander.  Well what do you expect. She had no come-back for the fact that she thinks she's got more knowledge and insight than a Brahmgyani, Honestly I'd rather watch "cartoons" than the drivel she does and above all I'm certainly not a massive hypocrite like her, my feet aren't in 2 boats with one sinking down to hell and the other rising up.   Since we're on the topic of "Bhajans" and Blasphemy. Here guy, according to Preeto this is also Praise of God.   I'll let you in on a little secret....this time it uses the word God.  
    • You know you don't have to hide behind a Sikh mask and can admit to being Hindu; nobody going to judge you, but when you try to use Sikhi as a shield to preach Hinduism; that's when it gets on people's nerves. Now your insulting his taste in t.v., when you've been watching Bhagat Beadbi of Ravidas.