Why Banda Singh Bahadur Kingdom Ended?

Guest Jacfsing2

5 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

Wasn't Baba Kahn Singh Baba Binod Singhs Ji's son? 

Baba Khan Singh was Baba Binod Singh Ji's brother.

"Dohra : Sri Guru Angad Dev (the Second Sikh Guru) and Sri Guru Amardas (the third Sikh Guru), Belonged to the Trehan and Bhalla sub-castes of (Sareen) Kshtriyas. (Their descendents Baba Binod Singh and Kahan Singh) received Khande-ki-Pahul3 , (And became members of the Khalsa Panth) as initiated Singhs. (1) Chaupai : While Bhai Kahan Singh was a brother of (Baba) Binod Singh Trehan, Baba Ram Singh Bhalla had another brother (Daya Singh). All of them donned the blue Khalsa robes, And adorned their turbans with dagga studded steel rings. (2) They partook their food in the prescribed steel bowls, And meditated upon the Timeless (Akal) Divine Almighty. When the revered (tenth) Guru Gobind Singh willed it so, They were deputed to accompany Banda Singh (to Punjab). (3) A large contingent of Khalsa Panth force was deputed to accompany them, In order to avenge the death of Sahibzadas from the Mughals. They were ordered to proceed against the Mughals and Hill chiefs, And destroy them after meting out severe punishments. (4) They were ordered to seize power from the Mughals and Hill chiefs, And gradually become sovereigns (in their place). The Khalsa Panth accepted the Guru’s express will, And joined their forces with the Banda Singh’s force. (5)" 

-Sri Gur Panth Prakash, pg. 453. 

13 hours ago, 13Mirch said:

Baba Khan Singh was Baba Binod Singh Ji's brother.

"Dohra : Sri Guru Angad Dev (the Second Sikh Guru) and Sri Guru Amardas (the third Sikh Guru), Belonged to the Trehan and Bhalla sub-castes of (Sareen) Kshtriyas. (Their descendents Baba Binod Singh and Kahan Singh) received Khande-ki-Pahul3 , (And became members of the Khalsa Panth) as initiated Singhs. (1) Chaupai : While Bhai Kahan Singh was a brother of (Baba) Binod Singh Trehan, Baba Ram Singh Bhalla had another brother (Daya Singh). All of them donned the blue Khalsa robes, And adorned their turbans with dagga studded steel rings. (2) They partook their food in the prescribed steel bowls, And meditated upon the Timeless (Akal) Divine Almighty. When the revered (tenth) Guru Gobind Singh willed it so, They were deputed to accompany Banda Singh (to Punjab). (3) A large contingent of Khalsa Panth force was deputed to accompany them, In order to avenge the death of Sahibzadas from the Mughals. They were ordered to proceed against the Mughals and Hill chiefs, And destroy them after meting out severe punishments. (4) They were ordered to seize power from the Mughals and Hill chiefs, And gradually become sovereigns (in their place). The Khalsa Panth accepted the Guru’s express will, And joined their forces with the Banda Singh’s force. (5)" 

-Sri Gur Panth Prakash, pg. 453. 

Thanks for that.

Its says that baba Binod singh was a Trehan (Guru Angad Dev Ji) whereas I thought Baba Binod Singh Ji was from  Bhalla lineage of Guru Amar Das Ji? 

I've heard that Baba Baaz Singh was the nephew of Baba Mani Singh & cousin of Baba Uday Singh, bhai Bachiter Singh & the other 9 brothers, is that correct? 

On 02/01/2017 at 11:35 AM, Premi5 said:

Also, are some of the controversial things mentioned, like preventing Muslims having cremations, crushing skulls of muslims etc, true?

Banda Bahadur was accused of desecrating muslim graves but these were not the graves of muslims. they were the graves of sikhs and hindus who had died/been killed, but they were buried rather than cremation, as muslims abhor cremation. Cremations was banned wherever the moghals could enforce it. (similiar story in afghanistan in these few years concerning sikhs).

On 12/07/2016 at 7:41 PM, jassa said:

There is no sikh historic granth written in 18th century or before that praises banda bahadur. Suraj Parkash granth even compared banda bahadur to Abdali and claimed he wanted to be Guru. Same reference can be found in Prachin Panth Parkash of Rattan Singh Bhangu.

Lachman Das was a guru in his own right, before he met Guru Gobind Singh. He had his own disciples, thousands if I'm not mistaken. I would think myself that after he accepted pahul many, if not all of his followers would have as well. These followers could/would have been the same ones after Banda Bahadur's death to claim guruship for him.

• 4 years later...
On 7/13/2016 at 5:11 AM, Jonny101 said:

Baaz Singh and Kahn Singh were both in Baba Banda Singh Bahadur jee's camp. They refused to follow binod singh's treacherous way of collaborating with the Mughals in return for some jagir. Binod Singh was part of the Panj Pyaras yet out of Buzdilli he fled which proved he acted alone without the council of the other pyaras. Kahn Singh and Baaz Singh remained with Baba Banda Singh Bahadur. Both of these captured Singhs were ready to become Shaheed in Delhi but Kahn Singh was saved by Binod Singh who bribed his Mughal allies who had earlier bestowed a Jagir to him for betraying Baba ji. Does that befit the moral character of a Singh? While Baaz Singh died a heroic Shaheedi along with Baba Banda Singh Bahadur.

This is just like those traitorous Akalis who said they were with Sant Jarnail Singh jee but when the attack on Sri Darbar Sahib happened they all betrayed Sant ji and stood by the enemy of the Sikhs i.e. Indira Gandhi.

All these stories involving Mata ji, red clothing, claiming to be Guru, being killed because he married and had kids are propaganda spread by the ones who fled Gurdas Nangal and justified their treachery by these lies. The authors who have written negatively about Baba ji are not even contemporary sources. They were written generations after the said events. Bhangoo wrote his work during the time of M Ranjit Singh which is at least a 100 years after. Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha wrote his works based on Bhangoo at a time when much academic research was not done on Baba Banda Singh Bahadur as it was done when an academic like Dr Ganda Singh wrote his book on the life of Baba ji.

As for Baba Deep Singh jee, he was not in Gurdas Nangal so no point in trying to bring him in this discussion in order to justify the treachery of binod singh.

Baba binod singh jee were in full correspondence with bhai mani singh ji

I believe there is a baba binod Singh bir of Sri dasam granth in moti bagh in sangrur I think 

So I think we should refrain from disrespecting this mahapurkh