Why Banda Singh Bahadur Kingdom Ended?

Guest Jacfsing2

I make no apologies. I make absolutely no apologies !!!

Even these Vidhwaans have made mistakes, there is a concerted effort to bring down Baba Ji.

Any Tom, D*ck or Harry can right a book and a half and purport to be an expert. They know nothing.

Baba Banda Singh Ji is up there with our glorious sahibzadahi and Baba Deep Singh Ji.

The Sikhs would say that it was "Khalsa Dhi Fateh", Baba Banda Singh Ji had darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji 24/7 and he would say "Guru Dhi Fateh".

We cannot sing Baba Ji's praises enough. Shame on you fools who thing the contrary.

It makes my blood boil!

I namaskar a thousand times to the charan of Baba Banda Singh Ji.

I might be confusing the name thanks for correcting me up. My concern is not what Banda Bahadur did. My concern is why great sikh scholars of 17 th and 18 th century didnt wrote what we are reading today.

Kavi Santokh Singh writes that when Mata ji wrote letter to Banda Bahadur to stop after he conquered Sirhand. Banda Bahadar ignored and wrote back he is not sikh anymore but a bairagi. After this Tat khalsa left and stop giving him any military support and shifted their base to Amritsar Sahib where as Banda Bahdaur shifted to gurdas nangal. I am not saying it its written in our historic granths.

We have been brainwashed from that time to modern times. The only contemporary historical accounts we have of Banda Singh Bahadur are from Muslim and Mughal sources. After that the Sikhs who had abandoned Baba Banda Singh Bahadur in the fort of Gurdas Nangal and took benefits from the Mughals had to justify their treachery, and so they concocted lies about Baba Banda Singh Bahadur like saying he disobeyed Mata ji, he wore red, called himself a Guru etc. These traitors had then spread these lies to all Sikhs who unfortunately started to believe this as fact. It is only until the Singh Sabha movement that these lies were challenged and dispelled and Baba jee is now once again upheld as a Sikh Hero as he ought to be.

Bundha first of all remove this from mind that I am disrespecting Banda Bahadur. I was just asking a question that our history says this till 1900 after that in 1920 it started saying this. Why is so. If you can understand this we will be on same page.

We have been brainwashed from that time to modern times. The only contemporary historical accounts we have of Banda Singh Bahadur are from Muslim and Mughal sources. After that the Sikhs who had abandoned Baba Banda Singh Bahadur in the fort of Gurdas Nangal and took benefits from the Mughals had to justify their treachery, and so they concocted lies about Baba Banda Singh Bahadur like saying he disobeyed Mata ji, he wore red, called himself a Guru etc. These traitors had then spread these lies to all Sikhs who unfortunately started to believe this as fact. It is only until the Singh Sabha movement that these lies were challenged and dispelled and Baba jee is now once again upheld as a Sikh Hero as he ought to be.

But the few singhs who left Banda Bahadur under the leadership Of Baba Binod Singh ( One of 5 sikhs sent along with Banda Bahadur and 1st Jathedar of Budhadal ) were like Shaheed Baba Deep Singh, Shaheed Bhai Chitar Singh ( Son of Bhai Mani Singh ) etc. Do you still think they did treachery and spread concocted lies ? I doubt that.

But the few singhs who left Banda Bahadur under the leadership Of Baba Binod Singh ( One of 5 sikhs sent along with Banda Bahadur and 1st Jathedar of Budhadal ) were like Shaheed Baba Deep Singh, Shaheed Bhai Chitar Singh ( Son of Bhai Mani Singh ) etc. Do you still think they did treachery and spread concocted lies ? I doubt that.

Binod Singh is nothing like Baba Deep Singh jee. Binod Singh even received land or sone kind of benefit from the Mughals for abandoning Baba Banda Singh Babahdur. What is interesting is, even Binod Singh's nephew had refused to follow his treacherous way and remained in Gurdas Nangal with Baba Banda Singh Babahdur. Later when all the Singhs along with Banda Singh Bahadur were caught alive and we're being sent to Delhi, Binod Singh used his influence with the Mughals and saved his nephew from execution. Binod Singh was basically the Santa Singh of his times or should I say Santa Singh was the Binod Singh of our times.

It was his son kahan singh not nephew and Binod Singh ordered him to stay with Banda bahadur becuase he along with other 2 Singhs, Fathe Singh ( Singh who killed Wazir Khan in battle of Sirhand ) and Ram Singh were leaving him. So Binod Singh ordered Baaj Singh and Kahan Singh to stay with Banda bahadur even though they wanted to leave as well. So 3 Singhs out of 5 sent by Guru Gobind Singh ji along with Shaheeds like Baba Deep Singh ji and Chitar Singh Ji left.

Ok even If I agree Binod singh was not a Good despite being made head of these 5 singhs by Guru Gobind Singh ji and had full support of Mata ji bhai Mani Singh ji. Why Baba Deep Singh left banda bahadur ?

It was his son kahan singh not nephew and Binod Singh ordered him to stay with Banda bahadur becuase he along with other 2 Singhs, Fathe Singh ( Singh who killed Wazir Khan in battle of Sirhand ) and Ram Singh were leaving him. So Binod Singh ordered Baaj Singh and Kahan Singh to stay with Banda bahadur even though they wanted to leave as well. So 3 Singhs out of 5 sent by Guru Gobind Singh ji along with Shaheeds like Baba Deep Singh ji and Chitar Singh Ji left.

Ok even If I agree Binod singh was not a Good despite being made head of these 5 singhs by Guru Gobind Singh ji and had full support of Mata ji bhai Mani Singh ji. Why Baba Deep Singh left banda bahadur ?

My mistake since I thought Buddha Dal Jathadar are not allowed to be married so I assumed it was his nephew and not son. So this proves Buddha Dal Jathadar can be married and have kids.

Now think logically, how can a collaborator of the Mughals be a good Singh? He saved his own son from execution while letting all the other Singhs die. While those that proved their faith in Guru Sahib became Shaheed in Delhi but did not collaborate with the enemy. This is what Banda Singh Bahadur did. Had his son killed in front of his eyes in the most horrible way, had his own body go through the most painful torture imagination but did not become a collaborator like binod singh, you still think negatively of this great Sikh of the Guru? C'mon Singh, use some Bibek Budhi here.

Look at our own modern times where we have propaganda against Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale by Hindus and even by Sikhs. Same was done with Baba Banda Singh Babahdur by Mughals and collaborating Sikhs.

The sad thing is, due to us abandoning our first great ruler who gave us the first ever Sikh state, we now have thieving Hindu propagandists who are now trying to claim this great Sikh as a Hindu just like what they did with Haqiqat Singh who the falsely call as Haqiqat Rai.

First of all your logic dont hold any value because it was Mata ji who wanted to save Baba Baj Singh and Baba Kahan Singh the only reason being they were the 2 of 5 peyars sent by Guru Gobind Singh. Mata ji was in delhi when this execution took place. She couldnt save everyone yet she tried to save these 2 singhs and offered money to Farakhshir. By the time she could reach some sort of agreement with the Mughal ruler Baj Singh was already executed. She paid 12000 rs at that time for Baba Kahan Singh life.

Do you want me to apply the same logic over here as well ? Logic should be based on facts not Imagination.

You have still not answered my question why did baba Deep Singh left banda bahadur ?

Why did when Baba Deep Singh heard about beadbi of Harimander Sahib traveled around 180 Km with handful of sikhs but didnt went to help Banda Bahadur when he was just around 70 Km away and Baba ji had around 5000 singhs with him stationed at Amritsar Sahib.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what Kahn Singh Nabha Wrote in Mahankosh. Keep in mind he same Person who wrote "Hum Hindu Nahi"

ਪਰਭੁਤਾ ਵਧ ਜਾਨ ਪਰ ਬੰਦਾ ਬਹਾਦੁਰ ਨੂੰ ਕੁਝ ਗਰਬ ਹੋਇਆ, ਆਪਣੀ ਗੁਰੂਤਾ ਕੀ ਅਭਿਲਾਖਾ ਜਾਗ ਗਈ | ਜਿਸ ਪਰ ਉਸ ਕੇ ਕਈ ਨਿਯਮ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਵਿਰੁਧ ਪਰਚਾਰ ਕਰਨੇ ਚਾਹੇ ਜਿਸ ਤੋਂ ਪੰਥ ਦਾ ਵਿਰੋਧ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦੇ ਦੋ ਦਲ ਬਣ ਗਝ.....

This means After attaining popularity, Banda turned Egoistic and wished to become Guru. Under this Egotism, he preached his own Code of Conduct against Gurmat(i). Due to which Panth split into two parts. One Tat Khalsa(With Gur Gobind Singh) and other Bandai Khalsa (Khalsa of Banda Bahadur).

All early Sikh historical resources including Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha, Giani Gian Singh, Historian Karam Singh, Giani Kartar Singh, Nihang Dharam Singh etc. also mentioned these facts.

Copied from Wikipedia.

First of all your logic dont hold any value because it was Mata ji who wanted to save Baba Baj Singh and Baba Kahan Singh the only reason being they were the 2 of 5 peyars sent by Guru Gobind Singh. Mata ji was in delhi when this execution took place. She couldnt save everyone yet she tried to save these 2 singhs and offered money to Farakhshir. By the time she could reach some sort of agreement with the Mughal ruler Baj Singh was already executed. She paid 12000 rs at that time for Baba Kahan Singh life.

Do you want me to apply the same logic over here as well ? Logic should be based on facts not Imagination.

You have still not answered my question why did baba Deep Singh left banda bahadur ?

Why did when Baba Deep Singh heard about beadbi of Harimander Sahib traveled around 180 Km with handful of sikhs but didnt went to help Banda Bahadur when he was just around 70 Km away and Baba ji had around 5000 singhs with him stationed at Amritsar Sahib.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what Kahn Singh Nabha Wrote in Mahankosh. Keep in mind he same Person who wrote "Hum Hindu Nahi"

ਪਰਭੁਤਾ ਵਧ ਜਾਨ ਪਰ ਬੰਦਾ ਬਹਾਦੁਰ ਨੂੰ ਕੁਝ ਗਰਬ ਹੋਇਆ, ਆਪਣੀ ਗੁਰੂਤਾ ਕੀ ਅਭਿਲਾਖਾ ਜਾਗ ਗਈ | ਜਿਸ ਪਰ ਉਸ ਕੇ ਕਈ ਨਿਯਮ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਵਿਰੁਧ ਪਰਚਾਰ ਕਰਨੇ ਚਾਹੇ ਜਿਸ ਤੋਂ ਪੰਥ ਦਾ ਵਿਰੋਧ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਦੇ ਦੋ ਦਲ ਬਣ ਗਝ.....

This means After attaining popularity, Banda turned Egoistic and wished to become Guru. Under this Egotism, he preached his own Code of Conduct against Gurmat(i). Due to which Panth split into two parts. One Tat Khalsa(With Gur Gobind Singh) and other Bandai Khalsa (Khalsa of Banda Bahadur).

All early Sikh historical resources including Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha, Giani Gian Singh, Historian Karam Singh, Giani Kartar Singh, Nihang Dharam Singh etc. also mentioned these facts.

Copied from Wikipedia.

Baaz Singh and Kahn Singh were both in Baba Banda Singh Bahadur jee's camp. They refused to follow binod singh's treacherous way of collaborating with the Mughals in return for some jagir. Binod Singh was part of the Panj Pyaras yet out of Buzdilli he fled which proved he acted alone without the council of the other pyaras. Kahn Singh and Baaz Singh remained with Baba Banda Singh Bahadur. Both of these captured Singhs were ready to become Shaheed in Delhi but Kahn Singh was saved by Binod Singh who bribed his Mughal allies who had earlier bestowed a Jagir to him for betraying Baba ji. Does that befit the moral character of a Singh? While Baaz Singh died a heroic Shaheedi along with Baba Banda Singh Bahadur.

This is just like those traitorous Akalis who said they were with Sant Jarnail Singh jee but when the attack on Sri Darbar Sahib happened they all betrayed Sant ji and stood by the enemy of the Sikhs i.e. Indira Gandhi.

All these stories involving Mata ji, red clothing, claiming to be Guru, being killed because he married and had kids are propaganda spread by the ones who fled Gurdas Nangal and justified their treachery by these lies. The authors who have written negatively about Baba ji are not even contemporary sources. They were written generations after the said events. Bhangoo wrote his work during the time of M Ranjit Singh which is at least a 100 years after. Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha wrote his works based on Bhangoo at a time when much academic research was not done on Baba Banda Singh Bahadur as it was done when an academic like Dr Ganda Singh wrote his book on the life of Baba ji.

As for Baba Deep Singh jee, he was not in Gurdas Nangal so no point in trying to bring him in this discussion in order to justify the treachery of binod singh.