Reading Bani From Dasam Granth Everyday ?

Guest curious

Guest curious

hello, just wondering can we read bani from dasam granth everyday? like can we read chandi di vaar everyday?

i have anxiety problems and i take prescribed medication for it. im male 23. not amritdhari but i dont eat meat or drink etc

iv read things online like you cant read bani from dasam granth everyday, and things like you cant read chandi di vaar at night before going to sleep!

is all this true? its bani so there really shouldn't be any restrictions to it, should there?

thanks

Guest MrHSinghK

Veer ji first of all i am not amritdhari yet and secondly yes Chandi Di Vaar can be read everyday as long as it done before sunset with Sukhmani Sahib and 5 bani's cos many people can't handle the Bir Ras.

I myself was afraid before even listening to it let alone reading it

hello, just wondering can we read bani from dasam granth everyday? like can we read chandi di vaar everyday?

i have anxiety problems and i take prescribed medication for it. im male 23. not amritdhari but i dont eat meat or drink etc

iv read things online like you cant read bani from dasam granth everyday, and things like you cant read chandi di vaar at night before going to sleep!

is all this true? its bani so there really shouldn't be any restrictions to it, should there?

thanks

There are no such restrictions. Read Chandi di vaar when and how many times you want. Read Dasam Bani as much as you want.

Bir ras is misunderstood.

Guest Nimma

If u really love dasam pita ji, do ardas and read as much bani as u want without any restriction.

If u make any mistake(if any) dasam pita jee will make u undertand about it, just like a dad helps one year kid

If you read Chandi Di Vaar at the evening, you must read it continuously till amritvela (the next day).. You also should light a jyoti and incense non stop.

If you start reciting the prayer of Chandi di Vaar after sunset then, one must keep reciting it continuously through the night until dawn. Two or more Singhs may take turns to recite this prayer through the night, it is all right to do so. One must sit upon a clean mat or bed, bathing before reciting the prayer. An oil lamp lit with clarified butter should be kept alight throughout the night. During the day, one can recite Chandi di Vaar as many times as one wants. There is no specific practice to reciting the prayer except that one reads the prayer with devotion and understanding.

I have read this before and Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji put no such stipulation on Chandi di vaar. The beginning of Chandi di vaar is ardas which the khalsa has done billions of times after sunset. Then some people say it can only be done standing. Another stipulation that Guru sahib never put on but today people want to add manmat.

Bhaji, this is not manmat.

Khalsa recited Chandi dhi vaar because of bir rass that was needed for the tumultuous times that they lived in when battle was an ever present thing.

Chandi dhi vaar is an account of chandi doing battle with the dhents, in essence you are remembering chandi, and what happens when you keep remembering someone? that person will come.

Why do we recite GURBANI? so that Guru will come, that we will be close to the Guru, that we will merge into the shabad.

You keep reciting chandi dhi vaar and Chandi will come. and who has the naam/simran or spiritual level to be able to endure her terrible form? Once she comes she ain't going anywhere then how you going to get rid of her? You do not know, you are in a mess now.

I would suggest if you want to do bani from Dasam Granth Sahib Ji, recite Akaal Ustat. Infact recite the first chaupai from Akaal Ustat - Pranvo aadh ekan-kara recite this day and night whenever you are doing your daily work . . . . . and Guru Gobind Singh Ji will come for sure. Who would you rather have Guru Sahib Ji or Chandi?

Khalsa recited Chandi dhi vaar because of bir rass that was needed for the tumultuous times that they lived in when battle was an ever present thing.

Chandi dhi vaar is an account of chandi doing battle with the dhents, in essence you are remembering chandi, and what happens when you keep remembering someone? that person will come.

Why do we recite GURBANI? so that Guru will come, that we will be close to the Guru, that we will merge into the shabad.

You keep reciting chandi dhi vaar and Chandi will come. and who has the naam/simran or spiritual level to be able to endure her terrible form? Once she comes she ain't going anywhere then how you going to get rid of her? You do not know, you are in a mess now.

I would suggest if you want to do bani from Dasam Granth Sahib Ji, recite Akaal Ustat. Infact recite the first chaupai from Akaal Ustat - Pranvo aadh ekan-kara recite this day and night whenever you are doing your daily work . . . . . and Guru Gobind Singh Ji will come for sure. Who would you rather have Guru Sahib Ji or Chandi?

Now I have a better understanding why the Sikhs latch on to missionary sikh preachers. It's because of people who do not understand Dasam bani by which they attribute Akal Purakh praise to chandi. Anyone would be turned away by this complete ignorance. A poster in the past tried to say chandi is being praised in chandi di vaar. But he was shut down by the great Sant Baba Gurbachan singh ji recording of chandi di vaar katha. In no way is chandi being remembered in chandi do vaar. Satguru is showing us her shortcomings by being in ego and evoking actual chandi (Akal purakh). Chandi di vaar starts by remembering Akal Purakh in the form of destroying the enemy (sword). And ends in the same way. Satguru is saying chandi thinks she is highest since a god indra came begging for her help after he lost his kingdom but right off the bat chandi is shown as hankhari (egotistical ). Satguru cuts chandi's head right off in the beginning.

Gursikh when doing ardas hold a Sri sahib in their hands. If chandi di vaar is remembering chandi(the goddess ) then why aren't these gursikhs hold a picture or statue of chandi in ardas? Learn from gurmukhs and the true meaning of any shabad will be understood.

I agree with everything you said but Chandi is actually extremely beautiful, Kali is the one with the terrible form, if she were to appear you'd be able to look at her no problem. She's so much lower than Guru Sahib Ji though and since this is Gurbani we're invoking the protection of MahaKaal not Chandi as in the beginning of the Vaar it's even said She got her power from Akaal.

Guest Jacfsing2

I agree with everything you said but Chandi is actually extremely beautiful, Kali is the one with the terrible form, if she were to appear you'd be able to look at her no problem. She's so much lower than Guru Sahib Ji though and since this is Gurbani we're invoking the protection of MahaKaal not Chandi as in the beginning of the Vaar it's even said She got her power from Akaal.

Daas thought they both were the same; (unless by Chandi you mean Shastar, instead of Durga?) Yes; they are both weaker than Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji-Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.