Guest jagsaw singh

Some Home Truths

Guest Jacfsing2
23 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

From what I've seen (including in my family) is that it is not uncommon for both parents in such situations to be indifferent to their respective religions/heritage. What then appears to happen is that uncles and aunts who do have a connection to their faith/heritage (from both the mother's and father's side) try and pass on the kids heritage to him/her - but often the parents are either low key, or overtly resistant to this. The kids can pick on this and start to devalue what they are being taught as well.

Language is a big issue - because we know from linguistic studies that the tongue sort of forms to stick to the phonemes (the individual sounds of a language) one is exposed to at a relatively young age - so if they are not exposed to and practicing the words/sounds of a particular language from young, there is a cut off point where the person struggles or finds it impossible to pronounce the sounds properly when older. So then, even when they want to learn the language when older - it becomes 10x harder for them. 

That being said, the resources and knowledge about language acquisition has mushroomed in recent years (including within our panth). So if anyone is truly dedicated to the idea of picking up the language - they are in a better position to do so than ever . 

I wouldn't want the true Gurus path to just be lost to someone I truly cared about either, in the same way a Christian or Muslim wouldn't want their Pakhandi Babas ways to die out either to someone they fake loved either. Hopefully those youth could be greater than I could imagine.

On 04/02/2017 at 7:13 AM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

This was a great thread. A really great thread.

I'm bringing it back up again because I recently listened to a few speeches of the great Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and other parcharaks from the Damdami Taksal. When questioned about their ban on Sikh females doing kirtan, wearing dastars etc I notice that they use the word 'kuri' in order to justify their stance on females. In their speeches, writings and websites etc they say the punjabi word for girl 'kuri' comes from the definition of koor, which means jhoot (falsehood) and dirt. :@

I'm not singling out Damdami Taksal here because on so many occassions I am equally as critical about parcharaks affiliated to AKJ, especially here in the UK, who rely on the ignorance and uneducated nature of the sangat to say and espouse things that have absolutely no basis in historical fact. I am hoping my contributions to the 'Punjabi Language' thread (above) will be enough for many of you to be able to respect the knowledge I have about the history of the Punjabi language so I wish to articulate this fact:

Sant ji used the word bibi to answer whether women can do certain seva.  In that video sant ji says bibi can't do punj pyare seva but let us know if they are being stopped from doing any other seva as they are allowed.

Present the video you are refering too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Do they speak more Punjabi or Portuguese, (since your husband is from Brazil?)

If people of 2 religions marry then the person whose religion is more dominant in the house usually becomes the religion of the kids. (A hypothetical example of this is if a Easter-Christmas Christian were to marry an Orthodox Heredi Jew, then the kids for their childhood raising purposes will be raised Jewish, maybe even more othodox then the father himself.) In terms of Sikhi if a Sunday-Day Sikh were to marry another faith, the child will belong to the other faith, but if someone becomes a really Rehitvale Gursikh who does Nitnem, Amritvela, Seva, but for some reason or another married a non-Sikh, then the kids will pick that-up, (this is a rare thing, but it does happen).

My lot speak more Punjabi than Portuguese , what little portuguese they have is learnt from myself as their Dad wasn't bothered and I knew I was getting the blame for their lack of understanding. Eldest studied Mandarin because he disliked French so much , twins studied Spanish at school.  I have schoolgirl German, French and Spanish  but can understand most romance languages because I use compare and contrast to link vocab across languages .

Guest Jagsaw_Singh
2 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Sant ji used the word bibi to answer whether women can do certain seva.  In that video sant ji says bibi can't do punj pyare seva but let us know if they are being stopped from doing any other seva as they are allowed.

Present the video you are refering too.

I said " In their speeches, writings and websites etc". I also specified how "they" refers to Damdami Taksal. Surely then, you'd be better off going onto Damdami websites, forums and reading their literature instead of asking someone for a non-existent imaginary video whose existence you yourself have made up in your head because nobody else has even mentioned one.

Guest the real g singh

you used 'milk' in one of your previous moniker's...milk of human kindness or something...jiggsaw

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Its death knell...not death nail.  pindoo

Not sure who that is directed to

you used 'milk' in one of your previous moniker's...milk of human kindness or something...jiggsaw

The above is a good reason why you shouldn't be willy nilly throwing 'pendoo' accusations about. Whosoever was on the receiving end of your 'pendoo' attack could easily turn around and remind you that "moniker's...milk", used in that grammatical way, implies that you are talking about a girl called Monica and have a question about her own personal milk.

As for 'Milk of Human Kindness"....surely you are referring to the 'Milkman of Human Kindness" who goes out of his way to leave an extra pint....of human kindness ?

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 2:58 AM, MisterrSingh said:

Im not too familiar with the workings of SAS, although I'm aware they perform admirable seva. I was just wondering, whenever SAS do whatever it is to retrieve these girls, do they make a distinction between a vulnerable girl from an unstable familial situation who was manipulated and groomed, and on the other end of the spectrum a brazen thrill seeker who bit off more than she could chew, and ended up in dire straits due to her own hubris? Or do they treat them all with the same touch? Is there an aftercare policy in place? 

They have different approaches. The troublemakers (druggies, attitude problems, not listening to parents) are taken to a 5 week camp at Baru Sahib, also some of the rescued girls who were at fault, were married off to indians, who were glad to get a visa and when i asked didnt the girls mind, i was told the girls were glad for any chance at marriage after the wrong path they took in life.

Also there are the innocent cases like an amritdhari girl who became friends with female muslims n they pressured her to go to a club. The girl went and her orange juice was spiked with date rape drug and the muslim girls let their male cousin take her. It took alot of prayers to locate her and then they had to break her out.

Other times the girls naked pics r taken n then used to blackmail her. If she dont get scared then they tell the family, we will post these in ur gurudwara.

Other times, the girl is brainwashed/blackmailed to stay with the muslims and she will lie to the police that i am happy and here with my own will. And that the family is forcing her to go back. These r the hardest cases. Sometimes black magic is involved and lots of paath is done and the girl wakes up and comes home herself.   

I am not affliated with SAS but have heard of these cases from someone within the organization, and others from following them on fb

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

They have different approaches. The troublemakers (druggies, attitude problems, not listening to parents) are taken to a 5 week camp at Baru Sahib, also some of the rescued girls who were at fault, were married off to indians, who were glad to get a visa and when i asked didnt the girls mind, i was told the girls were glad for any chance at marriage after the wrong path they took in life.

Also there are the innocent cases like an amritdhari girl who became friends with female muslims n they pressured her to go to a club. The girl went and her orange juice was spiked with date rape drug and the muslim girls let their male cousin take her. It took alot of prayers to locate her and then they had to break her out.

Other times the girls naked pics r taken n then used to blackmail her. If she dont get scared then they tell the family, we will post these in ur gurudwara.

Other times, the girl is brainwashed/blackmailed to stay with the muslims and she will lie to the police that i am happy and here with my own will. And that the family is forcing her to go back. These r the hardest cases. Sometimes black magic is involved and lots of paath is done and the girl wakes up and comes home herself.   

I am not affliated with SAS but have heard of these cases from someone within the organization, and others from following them on fb

Thanks, brother. 

Guest The real G Singh
On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

Re; the "Wife of Devout British Sikh Murders her Husband in India" thread on the main page:

I notice from India news reports that the 2 had only been married for 4 years. I also notice from the photographs that the 2 children are quite obviously alot older than 4 years old. This means she isn't actually the mother of those children so there is perhaps a little more to this story than meets the eye as in the fact that this man based his decision on who he was going to live with and raise his children purely on looks and 'trophy wife' criteria rather than who was actually morally good.

The second point I would like to raise is that parcharaks and preachers that instruct people to grow their beard long and become amritdhari need to be a lot more responsible and understand the impact it has on a marriage and family unit. To instruct one half of a marriage to become amritdhari whilst the other is clearly not even a bit inclined towards that path is clearly the death nail of a marriage. Not least because one of the rules is that there can no longer be sexual relations between the two. This marriage was always doomed but I don't think anyone could have predicted such a violent and painfull end.

Milkman....I find your posts amusing.  You speak some truth.  If you copy and paste from a wide variety of sources to strengthen and further your argument, well, I regard that as a seva to the sangat as it saves us valuable research time.  Of course you well know it is always good form to quote one's sources.  You let me down when I see grammatical and spelling errors in your posts though..tut tut. 

Death nail...death knell was meant for you.

As for Monica and the rest.. that analogy belongs to you and you alone.

I think you belong on a certain wave or spectrum...maybe <banned word filter activated> savant.  As my old man used to say about certain people that can gab on ad nauseum - their words flow like a drain (you can do the translation).

What I would say to all those anonymous pseudo Sikh keyboard warrior/saints (you and me included), is.... what's the point?  What is your purpose?  If you have a gift (I certainly believe you have), then petty point scoring on an internet forum is surely an antithesis to that said gift. 

• Like 2

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Guest, the Real G Singh,   I think I like you.

Death nail...death knell was meant for you.

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with your position on the whole 'death knell' 'death nail' debate.If,for example I was writing the expression down in a thesis to be marked I would make damn sure I write it as 'death knell'. However, on internet forums, I feel it is totally acceptable to say 'death nail'. You see, despite not being actually grammatically correct, words and expressions gain acceptance in informal settings once they become the norm. 'Death nail' is one such example. Another is the way that most of our American and Canadian friends will write the word doughnut as 'donut' on internet forums. If they wrote it as 'donut' on a thesis or essay they would be marked down as the official American spelling is 'doughnut'. The first time anyone wrote it as 'donut' in America was 1950 when Dunkin Donuts wanted a catchy name. It caught on and, despite being as wrong as 'death nail' it has become the informal norm. My death nail is simply my donut. Not only would that make a nice movie title it also sums up why I am right and you are wrong whilst also being a little bit right.

If you copy and paste from a wide variety of sources to strengthen and further your argument, well, I regard that as a seva to the sangat as it saves us valuable research time.  Of course you well know it is always good form to quote one's sources

I know exactly what you mean. Reminds me of something I read on this very forum just a few days ago. Someone decided to post a message on page 4 of a thread about something he or she had read on page 1 of the thread but instead of letting anyone know what they were referring to they just decide to write "Its Death Knell silly. Not Death Nail" and left it at that. It'd be really nice if that person would read and learn from what you said about the importance of strengthening arguments by providing sources and saving the time of the rest of us.

What I would say to all those anonymous pseudo Sikh keyboard warrior/saints (you and me included), is.... what's the point?  What is your purpose?  If you have a gift (I certainly believe you have), then petty point scoring on an internet forum is surely an antithesis to that said gift. 

what's the point?  Does everything have to have a point ?

What is your purpose?  My dual purpose is to sometimes get a 5 minute relief from the other thing I'm doing on the internet (No !!  stop it you...not that) and also to bring the world bang to rights.

then petty point scoring on an internet forum is surely an antithesis to that said gift.     About 2 years ago I wrote something here on this forum about Putin's new scary style of politics that all world leaders would soon be emulating. Like alot of things I write it went over the heads of most people here but I wrote how his tactic is to bamboozle friend and foe alike. A relentless cascade of crazy bad things, constantly, one after the other, with the occasional fantastically brilliantly good thing thrown in. The good thing will completely contradict the bad things. This is the politics of confusion. Your enemies don't know if perhaps they're your friends and your friends don't know if they're coming or going. We're seeing this tactic being used by Trump and let us not forget that the leader of the free world got into power by "petty point scoring on the internet" and govern the most powerful nation on earth by "petty point scoring on the internet".

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

then petty point scoring on an internet forum is surely an antithesis to that said gift.     About 2 years ago I wrote something here on this forum about Putin's new scary style of politics that all world leaders would soon be emulating. Like alot of things I write it went over the heads of most people here but I wrote how his tactic is to bamboozle friend and foe alike. A relentless cascade of crazy bad things, constantly, one after the other, with the occasional fantastically brilliantly good thing thrown in. The good thing will completely contradict the bad things. This is the politics of confusion. Your enemies don't know if perhaps they're your friends and your friends don't know if they're coming or going. We're seeing this tactic being used by Trump and let us not forget that the leader of the free world got into power by "petty point scoring on the internet" and govern the most powerful nation on earth by "petty point scoring on the internet".

I notice you didn't reply. So I ask in another way - are the days of looking down on he who "scores petty points on the internet" not over when we now know that a man...a very silly, inarticulate man....became the leader of the free world by scoring petty points on the internet and now governs the most powerful nation on earth by bypassing traditional politics and giving intelligent educated briefs to the media and just simply scores petty points on the internet ?

I go back to what I said before...2 years ago I said on this very forum (but nobody noticed) that all politicians would soon be copying Putin's brand new style of politics: The politics of confusion. The politics where you bamboozle friend and foe alike.

I go back to what I said on page 1 of this thread (but nobody noticed) of how we Sikhs need to learn from how Putin arranged for 150 tough sober Russians to be deployed in France during the football championships.  150 Russians beat the crap out of 50,000 drunk working class rough n' tough Englishmen. They did it with military planning. We Sikhs are supposed to be the masters of the art of war. They came in groups of 5 from that alleyway, launched a ferocious warrior's attack lasting a maximum of 120 seconds then they went back.....Then another group of 5 came out of another alleyway and launched another ferocious attack lasting no more than 120 seconds and then they went back. And so it continued. 150 men beating the living daylights out of 50,000 Englishmen.  Meanwhile, in Punjab, we Sikhs go on marches. When we do, the Hindus pull us out of buses by our hair and dance on our dastars and the police shoot us dead at will.

And this is how pages 1 and 4 get linked: We know not how modern wars are won nor do we know how hearts and minds are won in the new age.

Guest london jwaan
On 04/03/2017 at 2:34 AM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

150 men beating the living daylights out of 50,000 Englishmen. 

Really??? Are you sure about that? Quote your source. 150 beat the daylights out of 50,000? Either you read nonsensical papers or more likely I think once again you may be talking right out of your Jagsaw........

Are you really advocating mindless violence and hooliganism as a way to progress?

• Like 1

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re; the 'Don't be disrespectful to in-laws' thread on the main page:

The comments on that thread reveal so much about us as a community. They reveal not only how little heed we pay to our Sikhi concept of having a loving god rather than an abrahamic concept of a vengeful god but also how very little we know about Punjab.  To start with, a mother has been bludgeoned to death just feet from her 6 year old son and and most of the posters here see it as a smiley face funny thing and a chance to blame the victim just because she happens to be a Muslim. And secondly, this:

Nobody's blaming women just giving good advice.

They must understand the psyche of pendu punjabi men.

Women in rural India are supposed to be obedient & soft spoken in husbands family home. It is a part of their culture.

:nohear::nosee::notalk:     How on earth do we get to a position where a 'punjabi' knows less about 'punjab' than a Bulgarian or Swede does ?    Each and everyday the news in India is full of stories about city urban daughter-in-laws getting murdered, beaten and set on fire by their in-laws.Not allowed to go out to work because the traditional city urban culture is for the daughter-in-law to be a stay at home mum. And yet everyday the news in India is full of stories about rural village daughter-in-laws murdering people, i,e the opposite of the "obedient and soft spoken" role of the city urban women in that they do the killing rather than be the victim. And these rural women have a thousand year old tradition of working outside the home exactly like the men. In my whole life I can't recall ever coming across a 'rural pendu girl' that is "soft-spoken or obedient". They are, as a rule, one of the most loud, harsh, assertive and violent species of female on earth.   So the question is this: How do we get to such an uneducated and misinformed stage that we take the attributes of the city urban female and attribute them instead to the rural female and yet still wonder wonder why the national stereotype of us is as ignorant misinformed simpletons ?