Some Home Truths

Guest jagsaw singh

On 11/03/2017 at 2:11 PM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

Re; the 'Don't be disrespectful to in-laws' thread on the main page:

The comments on that thread reveal so much about us as a community. They reveal not only how little heed we pay to our Sikhi concept of having a loving god rather than an abrahamic concept of a vengeful god but also how very little we know about Punjab.  To start with, a mother has been bludgeoned to death just feet from her 6 year old son and and most of the posters here see it as a smiley face funny thing and a chance to blame the victim just because she happens to be a Muslim. And secondly, this:

:nohear::nosee::notalk:     How on earth do we get to a position where a 'punjabi' knows less about 'punjab' than a Bulgarian or Swede does ?    Each and everyday the news in India is full of stories about city urban daughter-in-laws getting murdered, beaten and set on fire by their in-laws.Not allowed to go out to work because the traditional city urban culture is for the daughter-in-law to be a stay at home mum. And yet everyday the news in India is full of stories about rural village daughter-in-laws murdering people, i,e the opposite of the "obedient and soft spoken" role of the city urban women in that they do the killing rather than be the victim. And these rural women have a thousand year old tradition of working outside the home exactly like the men. In my whole life I can't recall ever coming across a 'rural pendu girl' that is "soft-spoken or obedient". They are, as a rule, one of the most loud, harsh, assertive and violent species of female on earth.   So the question is this: How do we get to such an uneducated and misinformed stage that we take the attributes of the city urban female and attribute them instead to the rural female and yet still wonder wonder why the national stereotype of us is as ignorant misinformed simpletons ?

two problems: diaspora sikhs especially older gen, have a crystallised idea of punjab in their heads all rosy specs and all so find it impossible to accept that Punjab has turned into the mercenary mess it is.

younger gen , are just ignorant of history , politics etc of anywhere least of all Punjab they only know it through songs and bhangra and media soundbites , so they just don't care for old school values  and cannot work out how their behaviour can be upsetting for their folks .

a similar case happened last year when the FIL again killed the DIL who was sikh .again with a hammer . guess it is old school punjabiyat macho seeing it as a right to beat down dissention in the form of independent thought. It's horrible.

Guest london jwaan
On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:13 PM, jkvlondon said:

two problems: diaspora sikhs especially older gen, have a crystallised idea of punjab in their heads all rosy specs and all so find it impossible to accept that Punjab has turned into the mercenary mess it is.

younger gen , are just ignorant of history , politics etc of anywhere least of all Punjab they only know it through songs and bhangra and media soundbites , so they just don't care for old school values  and cannot work out how their behaviour can be upsetting for their folks .

a similar case happened last year when the FIL again killed the DIL who was sikh .again with a hammer . guess it is old school punjabiyat macho seeing it as a right to beat down dissention in the form of independent thought. It's horrible.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh.

JKV - I'm going to address the elephant in the room here: you talk of old school values, not upsetting folks, you aggressively declare anyone who disagrees with you to not be sikh, you talk of guruji's reyat and will.

How does that equate to the fact that you succumbed to kaam, metaphorically did the lambada in front of SGGS, probably dated your husband to be for a while before marriage, you yourself have said that your kids no hardly any Punjabi or sikhi. So if you know what the guru expects from gursikhs, how can you claim to be pious and issue fundamentalist posts, criticising others, rewriting history to suit your personal choices, when you have chosen the path to samba and sao paolo rather than the path to sikhi?

Didn't your choices upset your folks?

However, if your husband is a teetotal amridhari convert I take it back. If not, does he eat meat? drink? cut his hair? Isnt that beadbi to choose him as a partner if you are so pious? Did you have an anand karaj?

Like the guest said in another thread: you're not fooling anyone............

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re: The 'Persecuted and Oppressed Afghan Sikhs on trial' thread on the news page::

Interesting how all the posters on that thread have failed to mention the 2 most important points:

1) The men on trial didn't do anything to help anybody. They charged their own desperate extended family members £12,000 each for the priviledge of being 'helped'.

2) Anyone that has ever visited Southall and Hounslow in west London would not have failed to notice that because 100% of these Afghan Sikhs are Aroras they all inter-marry within their own immediate families (first cousins) with the result that they really  do all look exactly the same.

On 14/03/2017 at 11:44 PM, Guest london jwaan said:

JKV - I'm going to address the elephant in the room here: you talk of old school values, not upsetting folks, you aggressively declare anyone who disagrees with you to not be sikh, you talk of guruji's reyat and will.

How does that equate to the fact that you succumbed to kaam, metaphorically did the lambada in front of SGGS, probably dated your husband to be for a while before marriage, you yourself have said that your kids no hardly any Punjabi or sikhi. So if you know what the guru expects from gursikhs, how can you claim to be pious and issue fundamentalist posts, criticising others, rewriting history to suit your personal choices, when you have chosen the path to samba and sao paolo rather than the path to sikhi?

Didn't your choices upset your folks?

However, if your husband is a teetotal amridhari convert I take it back. If not, does he eat meat? drink? cut his hair? Isnt that beadbi to choose him as a partner if you are so pious? Did you have an anand karaj?

Like the guest said in another thread: you're not fooling anyone............

you assume much and I don't dance let alone know what a lambada looks like...

er my kids are amritdhari except the little one she needs to choose for herself , but all signs are she is getting there. They are learning Punjabi 

My husband eats as we all do no meat, fish , eggs and has done for over 21 years , doesn't cut his kesh , he wears dardhi prakash, has his kesh in a joorda , only goes to Gurdwara to pray , has done all the rites of passage by sikhi for our life together  and our kids , even preparing my Father for Antim Sanskar  so you believe what you want .

He is  a sikh but is not at the point of amrit because of his parents interference/emotional blackmail which Guru kirpa is lessening as the truth of their natures is coming out .I am waiting for him .

Guest london jwaan
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:32 AM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

Re: The 'Persecuted and Oppressed Afghan Sikhs on trial' thread on the news page::

2) Anyone that has ever visited Southall and Hounslow in west London would not have failed to notice that because 100% of these Afghan Sikhs are Aroras they all inter-marry within their own immediate families (first cousins) with the result that they really  do all look exactly the same.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

Imodium time!!!!!!!!!!!

Mods - Please read our resident behvkoofa's post highlighted above. Not only is it typically stereotypical, castist in the extreme and factually incorrect, this is precisely the kind of behvkoofi that gives ammunition to people that stereotype Sikhs as stupid.

Apart from which, had this been written in exactly the same words, by a non sikh saying that about Sikhs (rather than aroras) many wouild be waning the kirpans in the air claiming racism.

If you search these forums, you will note that Jagsaw has form in stereotyping extreme views, inciting hatred, making stuff up and then throwing his toys out of the pram when his post is exposed as bukwaas.

However, you haven't disappointed, and are consistently talking right out of your Jagsaw.

Any Arora Sikhs on this forum who can prove that they are not married to their first cousins and feel like shoving a large cork in his Jagsaw? I'm not Arora otherwise I would be delighted to the honours.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

JKV London, life is full of struggles. Struggles are battles. Battles are wars. Modern day wars are fought on the internet and in the lobbys of parliament. Modern wars are won by the sharpest shastar of all: Words, especially words on the internet. On the 'internet' battles.....wars....arguments (for there is such a thin line between them) are fought exactly in the same way that our forefathers sought to wield their talwars, i.e by identifying and striking against the weak point.

Sister, as you know, I too did it against you at one point. Perhaps on more than one occasion.  I'm not the only one. It's human nature for the cornered rat to strike out.

Each time it's happened .....and it's happened alot.......you've responded with dignity. That speaks volumes for your character. Nuff respect!

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

However, you haven't disappointed, and are consistently talking right out of your Jagsaw.

Any Arora Sikhs on this forum who can prove that they are not married to their first cousins and feel like shoving a large cork in his Jagsaw? I'm not Arora otherwise I would be delighted to the honours.

Guest London Jawaan. You don't seem capable of conversing with people with dignity and respect but I'm not going to sink down to your level.  The fact that first cousin marriage is the norm among Arora Sikhs is known to everyone but yourself. You could easily have researched it before throwing insults around.

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re the 'Why don't we increase our numbers like Muslims do' thread on the main page:

For starters, they prefer to not educate their women.

That kind of fallacy we need to snap out of Ranjeet. We need to wake up and smell the coffee. There are nearly 2 billion Muslims in the world and we can't base our opinion on them on the junglee lifestyle of the backward Mirpuris or what the Taliban did in Afghanistan. As someone that works in the NHS I can tell you that Hijab wearing women are making giant strides in top positions such as Consultants and Surgeons and the magic circle city Law firms are choc-a-block with them in positions of power. All kinds of professions and fields but science especially as their religion places a great emphasis on the study of science. In contrast, our dastar wearing females seem to be overwhelmingly made up of people 'not inclined' towards studying. Partly because many of them choose that path as a way of stopping their parents lecturing them about study and partly because our own parcharaks regularly say doing paath is far more important than education. In addition to that we have communities amongst us, such as the bhatras, that won't allow their daughters to attend university and marry them off at 18. So yes, we are having more young amritdharis that we've ever had before but the general education standard of them is generally very low and we'll feel the effects of that in a generation's time, especially when we see how the Hindus reach the very pinnacle (e.g. CEOs of multi-national corporations) and the Muslim women excel in science in mathematics.  I really do fear for our future as a quom and I think in a generation's time we'll look back and realise just how much harm today's generations of parcharaks have done in their zeal to win the numbers game.

• The topic was locked