Some Home Truths

Guest jagsaw singh

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jagsaw_Singh

re: The Jugraj Singh thread:

My two cents worth?  A man truly worthy of our upmost respect. A pioneer in that from now, there will be many that will take on the mantle and get out on the streets and tell the world about Sikhi in the language of the street. The epitome of the legendary bravery of Sikhs in that he will take his message of Sikhi right into the lions den (Speakers Corner......Muslims etc) with the confidence that Gurbani and his kirpan gives him.  I will NEVER....EVER...say a bad word against him. But...I will say this:

Years ago, I wrote a piece for the national news and I not only got published but I instigated a debate.  When princess diana died and women and men up and down the land were crying and laying flowers at her home I wrote a piece asking this : I asked why it was that these people were crying, taking time off work and spending hundreds on driving hundreds of miles to buy and lay flowers for a person that they had never even met when these same people had placed their own mothers, grandmothers and fathers in retirement home institutions and never once cried or taken days off for them. When I saw on TV the line of people that had driven down to London for Jugraj Singh's kirtan programme the other day I couldn't help but feel those same thoughts again. I thought how many of those Singhs and Kaurs that had taken time off work and driven hundreds of miles had bajurgs at home for whom they not only ignore and dismiss the pain that comes with old age but would make excuses about work committments when it comes to hospital appointments and would never in a thousand years drive a hundred miles for ?

Moral of the story ?   There are bajurgs at home....your chache, thaye, massadh, babe and nenneh as well as your grandparents that are in the last days, weeks, months and years of their lives....and are experiencing the bodily pain that comes with it.  If you can take a day off, drop everything, give all your attention and resources to a man you've never even met then it surely is time you started thinking about the bajurgs in your own home that worked hard to give you everything you have today ?

On 10/12/2016 at 1:49 AM, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

re: The Jugraj Singh thread:

My two cents worth?  A man truly worthy of our upmost respect. A pioneer in that from now, there will be many that will take on the mantle and get out on the streets and tell the world about Sikhi in the language of the street. The epitome of the legendary bravery of Sikhs in that he will take his message of Sikhi right into the lions den (Speakers Corner......Muslims etc) with the confidence that Gurbani and his kirpan gives him.  I will NEVER....EVER...say a bad word against him. But...I will say this:

Years ago, I wrote a piece for the national news and I not only got published but I instigated a debate.  When princess diana died and women and men up and down the land were crying and laying flowers at her home I wrote a piece asking this : I asked why it was that these people were crying, taking time off work and spending hundreds on driving hundreds of miles to buy and lay flowers for a person that they had never even met when these same people had placed their own mothers, grandmothers and fathers in retirement home institutions and never once cried or taken days off for them. When I saw on TV the line of people that had driven down to London for Jugraj Singh's kirtan programme the other day I couldn't help but feel those same thoughts again. I thought how many of those Singhs and Kaurs that had taken time off work and driven hundreds of miles had bajurgs at home for whom they not only ignore and dismiss the pain that comes with old age but would make excuses about work committments when it comes to hospital appointments and would never in a thousand years drive a hundred miles for ?

Moral of the story ?   There are bajurgs at home....your chache, thaye, massadh, babe and nenneh as well as your grandparents that are in the last days, weeks, months and years of their lives....and are experiencing the bodily pain that comes with it.  If you can take a day off, drop everything, give all your attention and resources to a man you've never even met then it surely is time you started thinking about the bajurgs in your own home that worked hard to give you everything you have today ?

Jagsaw paji, well said. 

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re; The 'UK Demographics - more Indians than Pakistanis' thread on the main page:

Perception is very different to reality. For example, if you're a Bhatra Sikh in the UK it is very easy to form the perception that bhatras form an amazingly high percentage of the UK Sikh population and be surprised to find out the reality. That is because the bhatras by and large live in cities and towns that other Sikh groups do not live in in big numbers, for example Cardifff, Portsmouth, Bristol, Manchester etc, so when you most often see people like yourself around you it is easy to form the opinion that there are not many of the others. The same is true in terms of Sikhs and non-Punjabi Hindus. Lets take London for example. Along with New York it is one of the 2 Alpha + cities of the world......Around 10 million people and we Sikhs really only have 2 tiny areas of it that can be termed 'Sikh areas' (the Southall/Hayes/Hounslow-Heston-Cranford districts in west London, the Goodmayes area of Ilford in east London and the Plumstead/Woolwich area of south east London). Within these traditional 'Sikh areas' the Hindu Indians also make up a very healthy minority. The Hindu Indians on the hand have massive heartands in the whole of north and north west London encopassing every single town and district within the area. In addition, with their Tamil Hindu population, they also have huge swathes of south west London, particularly in and around Tooting. Out of London, they (Indian Hindus) also have something that no Sikh or Pakistani has, i.e. a majority in one of the Uk's big cities (Leicester).

So, like I said, perception and reality are most often  totally different things. For example, our 'perception' would be that Sikhs totally outnumber Muslims in Canada. The reality however, is that Muslims outnumber Sikhs in Canada by 2.5 to 1.  Our 'perception' might be that the UK and the UK alone has massive communities of Somalians, after they were inititially granted asylum in the late 1980's. The reality however, is that Canada, at the time, took in the greatest number of Somalians. Perception and reality are 2 different things.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re; the Ranjit Singh Boparan - Owner of Halal Chicken Factory thread on the News and Current Affairs page:

"He'll meet the same fate later in narakh"

This man and his family have already been finding out how his £200 Million is not enough to sheild him away from natural justice. Has a turnover of £3 Billion a year but what use is £3 billion when you have one son and that son is now in prison for his second 'leaving someone almost dead'  after previously being in jail for leaving a baby brain damaged.

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Do you remember my thread last year about Singhs skirting close to the edge of copyright infringements and how it won't be long before they start receiving court summons ?

Well, I must say Sainsburys' lawyers took their time with this one but the BBC today reports that its now the talk of the town :  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-38529780

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re; The Moral Decline in Society thread on the main page:

What are the reasons and causes for moral decline in society?

Lets use any society as an example....lets use our UK society: 100 years ago robbery and murder were commonplace on the streets of London. Now they are rare. 20 years ago peadophilia was considered so acceptable it was out in the open. Now it is not.  That is not a decline in morals.......It is an enhancement.

Alcohol/drug abuse adictions increasing

60 years ago, our grandfathers in Punjab regularly took opium and other drugs. 20 years ago our weddings here in the UK were full of blind drunken fights. Now, you will never ever see a person drinking to excess at our wedding.  This is not a sign of alcohol culture getting worse. its a sign that things are actually so much better than they used to be.

divorce/extra martial affairs increasing

Everything that is happening today also happened yesteryear.

Gambling out of control

60 years ago our grandfathers used to gamble their family's wealth away playing cards under the pippal tree in the centre of the pend. Now it is rare. That is not a "decline". That is an enhancement.

Soaring crime rates: Various types frauds/thefts ect

Victorian London, for example, was many hundreds of times more dangerous than it is now. Every generation always thinks crime was less yesteryear but that it very rarely the case.

General distrust of one man against another. Youngsters not respecting elders. Kids behaving badly.

What I used to get up to as a kid with my mates in west London back in the day would get me locked up today.

young women dressing half naked. Hanging outside clubs in the early hours drunk with no care for themselves. Complete loss of self respect. Having sexual relations before marriage. (please note this goes for males to) Not just women) before we get women complaing that why cant they act like a sl@pper if a man can ?

ummm........:ghost:

In addition. People have becime so materialistic. All they care about is wealth, cars and status

No worse today than it was yesteryear.

. Instead if helping the poor, doing charitable work. There is no sence of community. We have lost good old community spirit. Instead we isolate ourselves and have lost love and compassion for one another. 

No. Actually, you'll find so many good young people in the UK and especially America they go out of their way to help others, fight for the poor and disenfranchised etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jagsaw_Singh

Re; The "Police with shoes enter darbar sahib" thread on the main page:

http://files.sikhsangat.com/uploads/monthly_2017_01/FB_IMG_1485894202259.thumb.jpg.3a96eca1d58762d016b92ca93033fea5.jpg

Lets be clear about 2 things:

1) We need to stop having this inferiority complex about "fighting in our gurdwaras. It happens in every major faith group and none of the others make a song or dance about it or imagine it is the end of days because of it even though they, unlike us, have a place of worship concept that dictates those place be serene, quiet places whereas our concept of it is as a place where we gather, fully armed and prepare our bodies and minds for the art of war. Let me give you an example of how we keep crying and feeling embarrassed about the littlest of things while the Christians don't seem all that bothered about regular fisticuffs in their most holy of holy's.  The Church in Bethlehem where Jesus was born. There's 2 different Christian groups that control the Church and because the priests and religious leaders have regularly been having fist fights inside the crypt for the last 70 years they have had to give the keys to the ancient doors to a local Muslim family in order to keep the peace. So, each day, when its time to open the door, the different Christian groups have to go to the Muslim family - seperately and away from each other because all the priests start punching each other if they are within 2 feet of the other - and the Muslim opens the doors, and likewise locks them at night. 2 years ago, Jesus' crypt was opened and cleaned for the first time in 70 years. The motion to clean the crypt was passed 70 years ago but it took 70 years to actually go about doing it because each time they set a date previously the day turned into an all-out street fight with fists, feet, chairs and rocks between the priests. So, every single day, Christian priests in the most holy church of their religion, punch each other, kick each other, throw chairs and tables at each other and throw rocks and stones at each other. But when have you ever heard a Christian have an inferiority complex about it and say "oh my god....this is terrible....it's so embarrassing.....its making us look bad....what will the Hindus and Sikhs think about us?" :ehhh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shFA_H8e11E

2) The photograph on display in the Coventry Gurdwara is quite clearly wrong and those of you here seeking to justify it really need to self-examine just how far you have sunk down into the bottomless pit of cult of personality. Regardless of whether or not you have respect for Thakur Singh he is a man. No man, woman or child should have his photograph on display like that alongside Sri Guru Gobind Singh jee and the 4 sahibzade and Mata Gujri.

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

This was a great thread. A really great thread.

I'm bringing it back up again because I recently listened to a few speeches of the great Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and other parcharaks from the Damdami Taksal. When questioned about their ban on Sikh females doing kirtan, wearing dastars etc I notice that they use the word 'kuri' in order to justify their stance on females. In their speeches, writings and websites etc they say the punjabi word for girl 'kuri' comes from the definition of koor, which means jhoot (falsehood) and dirt. :@

I'm not singling out Damdami Taksal here because on so many occassions I am equally as critical about parcharaks affiliated to AKJ, especially here in the UK, who rely on the ignorance and uneducated nature of the sangat to say and espouse things that have absolutely no basis in historical fact. I am hoping my contributions to the 'Punjabi Language' thread (above) will be enough for many of you to be able to respect the knowledge I have about the history of the Punjabi language so I wish to articulate this fact:

After Alexander the Great's men decided they wanted to go no further than Punjab and setlled there, Punjab went through a phase lasting 300 years whereby the Greeks ruled the Punjab and the Greek language made inroads not only into the psyche of political and critical thinking of Punjabis but also in terms of everyday speech. It is no coincidence then that while every nation and language on all sides of Punjab have a word for 'girl', such as ladki etc, that has its roots in the sub-continent, Punjabi is the only language that has a word for girl (kuri) that has its roots firmly thousands of miles away in Greece. The punjabi word for girl is exactly the same as the Greek word for girl : Kuri.  People, groups and parcharaks that want to justify their low opinion of females will always find a way of justifying it. As a rule, they rely on your ignorance and un-educated nature in order to get away with it.

• The topic was locked