Sikhism On Vegan ?

thenormalguy

I totally agree with you on this matter. I personally think that the milk that is produced by a female cow is strictly for the nourishment of the calf it's child! It's said that humans are only to be drinking the milk produced by the mother in their baby stages! And that adults are strictly not supposed to consume milk from the cow because it's said to have diseases and types of pus which can cause things like lactose intolerancy and so on. I also think many Sikhs keep it in their diet as they are uneducated on this issue. Moreover, the cows go through pain and torture by having hormones and such shoved into their bodies causing them a lot of distress! This makes a mass production of milk and they usually die after. So I hope the Sikh community get an insight to what the dairy industry is all about!! 

WJKK WJKF 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, Sikhofhope said:

I totally agree with you on this matter. I personally think that the milk that is produced by a female cow is strictly for the nourishment of the calf it's child! It's said that humans are only to be drinking the milk produced by the mother in their baby stages! And that adults are strictly not supposed to consume milk from the cow because it's said to have diseases and types of pus which can cause things like lactose intolerancy and so on. I also think many Sikhs keep it in their diet as they are uneducated on this issue. Moreover, the cows go through pain and torture by having hormones and such shoved into their bodies causing them a lot of distress! This makes a mass production of milk and they usually die after. So I hope the Sikh community get an insight to what the dairy industry is all about!! 

WJKK WJKF 

So your against Karah Prasad Maryada?

1 hour ago, Sikhofhope said:

I totally agree with you on this matter. I personally think that the milk that is produced by a female cow is strictly for the nourishment of the calf it's child! It's said that humans are only to be drinking the milk produced by the mother in their baby stages! And that adults are strictly not supposed to consume milk from the cow because it's said to have diseases and types of pus which can cause things like lactose intolerancy and so on.  I also think many Sikhs keep it in their diet as they are uneducated on this issue. Moreover, the cows go through pain and torture by having hormones and such shoved into their bodies causing them a lot of distress! This makes a mass production of milk and they usually die after. So I hope the Sikh community get an insight to what the dairy industry is all about!!

The Gurus had milk in their diet.  The vegans are just as blind as those who eat meat.  You vegan's steal from the animals of the world.  You destroy their homes to farm your vegetables, fruits, and nuts.  You use slaved labor to plant, grow and pick your vegetables, fruits, and nuts.  This slaved labor are exposed to poisonous chemicals that cause disease killing illness. Affecting their future generation.  The slow death of cancer being one.  the western dairy industry generally does mistreat the cows.  Also stop eating vegetables, fruits, and nuts because mistreatment is taking place at these farms of humans. If you want to wake the sangat up, then start at home and educate yourself on what you consider is "clean" to eat.

I agree with Preeet, I believe you can't compare the dairy industry to back then because it was totally different to how it is in the west today. As for the guru's they must of took care of the animals and looked out for them and blessed them with salvation proving no harm to the animals whatsoever. Akalifauj, about you talking about vegans ''stealing from the world'' is slightly harsh and unasked for as your description is exactly how it is for vegetarians also? You should understand we don't consume dairy products and we eat just like the vegetarians but without the dairy! And yes, fetching plant produce is just as bad as killing animals as it's taking their natural food produce and using it upon ourselves but like Preeet said we should repent to Waheguru everyday for forgiveness as Waheguru knows best. As for Jacfsing2 I could ask the same thing about if you're against jhatka meat. It's very complex to say the least. I just think you guys should shed some light on the vegan path and be more open about it!

WJKK WJKF

Guest Jacfsing2
31 minutes ago, Sikhofhope said:

As for Jacfsing2 I could ask the same thing about if you're against jhatka meat. It's very complex to say the least. I just think you guys should shed some light on the vegan path and be more open about it!

WJKK WJKF

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Daas has never said anything against Jhatka,(Daas doesn't feel it's in either of our best interests to change the topic), the question was asked about Karah Prassad, (in your Amrit Sanchar did they prepare Karah Prassad with an alternative to butter?) There is a specific maryada to preparing Prassad, do you refuse to accept the Karah Prassad when you go to the Gurdwara? Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

10 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Daas has never said anything against Jhatka,(Daas doesn't feel it's in either of our best interests to change the topic), the question was asked about Karah Prassad, (in your Amrit Sanchar did they prepare Karah Prassad with an alternative to butter?) There is a specific maryada to preparing Prassad, do you refuse to accept the Karah Prassad when you go to the Gurdwara? Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Thanks for the insight and the answer is no when it comes to karah parsad I usually take it as a form of respect to the guru and to gain the blessings of waheguru. But with the langar if they are offering yogurt I kindly say no... I hope to see what happens in the future on this issue. 

WJKK WJKF

Guest Jacfsing2
11 minutes ago, Sikhofhope said:

Thanks for the insight and the answer is no when it comes to karah parsad I usually take it as a form of respect to the guru and to gain the blessings of waheguru. But with the langar if they are offering yogurt I kindly say no... I hope to see what happens in the future on this issue. 

WJKK WJKF

If you don't mind Daas asking, How do you prepare Karah Prassad when you have to make it?

Just now, Jacfsing2 said:

If you don't mind Daas asking, How do you prepare Karah Prassad when you have to make it?

Veer ji, I am only a teenager at the moment but hopefully will learn in the future how to make.. I have come across a vegan sikh blog online but forgot what its called he made a post on karah parsad. 

Posters Sikhofhope and Preet have decided not to discuss the elephant in the room.  Vegetable, fruit, and nut farmers have human slaved labor.  This human slaved labor suffers many illness at the farm and are never treated for it.  Instead their future generation are affected.  They suffer in these farms.  Why doesn't the vegan posters want to discuss this elephant in the room.  Maybe because they can't claim to be on the right track and live better than vegetarians.  They have been shaking their index fingers at the vegetarians and calling them bad throughout this thread.  But when the shoes on the other foot, they refuse to address the problem.  They want to put on the blindfold. 

I brought up the Gurus had milk in their diet because poster stated a cow's milk is strictly for the calf.  Vegans, the Gurus promoted honesty.  Please practice it here.

yes poster preet, praying makes every problem disappear.  But advocating for stopping human suffering is a bad thing.  You deserve a noble prize.  I pray for the cow's when I consume maybe one glass a week.  Therefore, the problem is gone.  So Mod's shut down the thread.  Preet has found a lope hole for everyone's blindfolds on.  The meat-eater can pray, the vegan and the vegetarian can pray and consume as they like.  Hey Preet, don't let the leather chair in your car and house and work hit you on the way out.   

So why are Vegans on computers, they contain animal bi-product too, same with plastic bags. I hope you don't use those as well. Soap? tires on your cars? hope you use them too? even the vegan friendly alternatives in many cases involve animal testing. 

Abandon these things too if u want to go for the total vegan route. The amount of hypocrisy in some people is astounding.