Guest Newbie

Swa Lakh Mool Mantar

Guest Newbie   
Guest Newbie

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Just want to know if anyone in sangat have experience of 125000 moolmantar jaaps ?

Anyone gained sachepatshah jis kirpa after it or any experience if any, plz share with sangat.

Although we should do 125000 in 40 days recommended by many saints, 32,33 maalas a day but I have started only 16 malas a day, hoping to complete in 75 days with guru sahibs kirpa. Take about 12 mins for one maala and all my focus remains in changing the bead of maala,

As we have to shift beads so isnt it difficult to focus on moolmantar ?

Any experience from sangat will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

sikhni777    558

As with everything, practice makes perfect. A mala is hard to start using as you sometimes forget to turn the bead or find you have turned too many and not done the path. This happens when you are tired and not concentrating. What helps if first you get the mool mantra rhythm without mala. Then when using mala train your mind and fingers to only go tothe next bead when you come to saying ik... one bead one God.

Otherwise using an alarm clock to keep time like sitting for an hour or twelve minutes allows you to concentrate purely on path alone and works super too. Leave the individual counting to anterjami God, while you enjoy the ras. The more you do the more you will know what method suits you the best.

Edited by sikhni777

jkvlondon    3,419

As with everything, practice makes perfect. A mala is hard to start using as you sometimes forget to turn the bead or find you have turned too many and not done the path. This happens when you are tired and not concentrating. What helps if first you get the mool mantra rhythm without mala. Then when using mala train your mind and fingers to only go tothe next bead when you come to saying ik... one bead one God.

Otherwise using an alarm clock to keep time like sitting for an hour or twelve minutes allows you to concentrate purely on path alone and works super too. Leave the individual counting to anterjami God, while you enjoy the ras. The more you do the more you will know what method suits you the best.

bhai Rama Singh ji used to suggest tally counter just depress button ...I found easier to get into rhythm when doing paat

• Like 1

sikhni777    558

Mala gives a satisfaction of having completed one mala and want to go on to the next one though. I think the same principle applies to both methods. You got to know when to press the button or turn to the next bead. The counter can be carried with you anywhere while the mala raises eye brows. Perhaps other people (non-sikhs) have also discovered a new angle to the mala.

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2014/04/the-power-of-mala-beads-michelle-belair/

Edited by sikhni777

Guest testuser   
Guest testuser

there is iPhone android counter apps also you can use to keep count, its easier on the fingers and not tiring

Ragmaala    84

With Gurus grace , das was able to finish 1,25,000 repetition within 40 days but with many mistakes. I was not able to keep up mental brahmacharya, I broke brahmacharya of eyes maybe 3-4 times, had supan dosh 2-3 times, and ended up doing hasta maithuna on like 35th day :( physical brahmacharya broke. 

Hence, my experience will differ from those who will do it with more pure minds or at different spiritual stages. I did have some personal aspirations as a reason for this jaap. Only Guru Ji & time will tell.

regardless, Here was my experience:

- i stuck to mental japa because of time constraints. I think it will be impossible to do loud japa for 16 hours straight.

- most of the days were consistent 32 malas, however there were 4 days on which the number differed as following, 16, 6, etc

- 38-39 days were in one spot, i think i did end up changing the spot

- i did light jot for 38/40 days. lighting it everyday in itself was a challenge,,and so was making sure to keep water everyday

- the first week was full of enthusiasm, but the rest of the time it was ok

- first time i did it , it took around 5 hours, then slowly the mental speed got faster and i averaged between 3 to 3 hours 45 minutes / 32 malas depending on mental alertness. if i was sleepy it would take 4 hrs to finish

- as for focus & concentration....that was only the first 20 minutes...but the rest of the time mind was distracted with many thoughts, mostly thoughts of lust & vishe vikar

Things I learnt:

- it is very difficult to take on 40 day challenge or chalisas with fixed timing, fixed spot , fixed ghee jot, water everyday. I think these are successful for mahapurush of pure mind, who have control over their minds. it is better to do a khula japa with less restrictions.

- i cannot ever entertain the thought of doing a siddhi of a mantra...i would rather do a casual japa of moolmantra with loose timings.

Post-Japa

i dont think I am sensitive enough to notice any changes yet...the mental state is same,..hmmm... i think a ton of japa is needed, in my case, to hammer my mind, also along with japa mind needs to be trained 24/7 to live consciously and make conscious choices.

I have had this desire to do this japa for a long time, almost a decade. I am glad Guru Ji got it done from me...rest is upto him to take care of me ...

ps.you have to get it done before sun rise or people wake up , if you leave it for evening it will never happen & something will always come up.

best time in my experience was between 2 am - 6 am...

Guest OP here   
Guest OP here

With gods grace, i was able to finish 125000 in 75 days, about 16 malas everyday , someday less or someday more.

couldnt able to do it with love and full concentration as after some days it feels like its hard to do 16 malas. But anyhow i made with.

now will go to satguru ji and will do ardaas and will start it second time

• Like 2

Ragmaala    84
On 2016-10-02 at 5:08 AM, Guest OP here said:

With gods grace, i was able to finish 125000 in 75 days, about 16 malas everyday , someday less or someday more.

couldnt able to do it with love and full concentration as after some days it feels like its hard to do 16 malas. But anyhow i made with.

now will go to satguru ji and will do ardaas and will start it second time

congrats! keep at it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Changing his viewpoint on Sikhs being vegetarian -   
    • Its not just him. One of the most ridiculous notions peddled by the left is that ALL of the far right are idiots who can't tell the difference. The reality is something completely different. People like Ben Shapiro and Milo Yiannopoulos, both of whom have a respectable number of followers remind people of this whenever there is an attack as the media paints us with the same brush as the terrorists.  Most of the big Right wing "preachers" i guess is an accurate term, know the difference and tend to cite it always.
    • Don't worry about not having a spiritual experience. The main thing is you don't divert from God's name. You don't want to get into ego from experiences either.  All people are not the same, an experience to one person may not be the same as another, however large or small it maybe. We should bear in mind, that we do not recite God's name for experiences, but to think of it as our duty and love towards them. If we start to ask for experiences, then we have forgotten what our goal is.  It is up to Waheguru to grace somebody with an experience. It can happen how much more or less time on one spends on Simran, than another. Do not compare yourself to others, an experience will happen in Waheguru's Hukam, not by anybody saying how or when.  Its good to increase Simran, Gurbani if you wish to and spending more time to devote yourself towards it, will never be incomplete of anything. But we must focus on doing Simran and not expect anything back in return. Just leave that to God to decide.  Say if somebody has an experience, does it necessarily mean it has to be a physical one or that is visible? And then what after that?  Doing Simran, reciting/listening to  Gurbani is an experience in itself. We are here in this world for this experience of having the opportunity to, that is also an experience we should be grateful for. But we forget God is everywhere.  ਤੂੰ ਜਲਿ ਥਲਿ ਮਹੀਅਲਿ ਭਰਿਪੁਰਿ ਲੀਣਾ ਤੂੰ ਆਪੇ ਸਰਬ ਸਮਾਣਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ 
      तूं जलि थलि महीअलि भरिपुरि लीणा तूं आपे सरब समाणा ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ 
      Ŧūʼn jal thal mahī▫al bẖaripur līṇā ṯūʼn āpe sarab samāṇā. ||1|| rahā▫o. 
      Thou art fully contained in water, dry land nether and upper regions. Thou Thyself art pervading everywhere. Pause. 
      SGGS ji Ang 731 🙏🏻 Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji   I understand that you maybe desiring for an experience to feel the presence of God for yourself, but just remind yourself they are everywhere. When we do Simran with love for God, then we'll start to feel the anand (bliss) of it, when God graces us with it.   
    • Apart from the ignorant British attacking a Sikh wearing a turban (which I hear is very rare, I'm Canadian/American btw), I doubt that the British people will target Sikhs. Instead, what they will do is far worse, they will use our history with the Muslims to incite us and basically use us as fodder as they did in their Raj, though this time, it'll be purely against the Muslims. 
    • It is going to be of no use to you to know how much simran to do. You simply have to arrange time for yourself. .. approximately 2 hours 40 minutes everyday. One tenth of your time everyday to Devote to simran. It is a blessing from God if one is able to put in this amount of time.  Pichle janam dhi kamayi counts as well greatly. God has preselected exactly whom he would like to have these experiences.  If you have these experiences, then you have to learn to not spread them about and you will have more. There are many more things that come to pass... we are spiritual beings suffering from separation from our creator. Reconnection is going to occur slowly and understanding these experiences comes slowly too. As you keep your simran up, you are able to obtain great amounts of happiness and peace from it. So forming a habit of simran should be done as a conscious effort.