HOW TO CONTROL KAAAAAM!

VJKK VJKF

The following are passages from Gurbani that if you have a PDA or suming, can help should lustful thoughts ever enter your mind. DO read because some fantastic tukks related to this subject are displayed. The fonts are downloadable by CLICKING HERE!

Do add your own here too !!

<> siqgur pRswid ]

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

Awsw mhlw 5 ]

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

inmK kwm suAwd kwrix koit idns duKu pwvih ]

For a moment of <admin-profanity filter activated> pleasure, you shall suffer in pain for millions of days.

GrI muhq rMg mwxih iPir bhuir bhuir pCuqwvih ]1]

For an instant, you may savor pleasure, but afterwards, you shall regret it, again and again. ||1||

AMDy cyiq hir hir rwieAw ]

O blind man, meditate on the Lord, the Lord, your King.

qyrw so idnu nyVY AwieAw ]1] rhwau ]

Your day is drawing near. ||1||Pause||

plk idRsit dyiK BUlo Awk nIm ko qUMmru ]

You are deceived, beholding with your eyes, the bitter melon and swallow-wort.

jYsw sMgu ibsIAr isau hY ry qYso hI iehu pr igRhu ]2]

But, like the companionship of a poisonous snake, so is the desire for another's spouse. ||2||

bYrI kwrix pwp krqw bsqu rhI Amwnw ]

For the sake of your enemy, you commit sins, while you neglect the reality of your faith.

Coif jwih iqn hI isau sMgI swjn isau bYrwnw ]3]

Your friendship is with those who abandon you, and you are angry with your friends. ||3||

>sgl sMswru iehY ibiD ibAwipE so aubirE ijsu guru pUrw ]

The entire world is entangled in this way; he alone is saved, who has the Perfect Guru.

khu nwnk Bv swgru qirE Bey punIq srIrw ]4]5]127]

Says Nanak, I have crossed over the terrifying world-ocean; my body has become sanctified. ||4||5||127||

slok shsik®qI mhlw 5

Salok Sehskritee , Fifth Mehl:

hy kwmM nrk ibsRwmM bhu jonI BRmwvxh ] O <admin-profanity filter activated> desire, you lead the mortals to hell; you make them wander in reincarnation through countless species.

icq hrxM qRY lok gMm´M jp qp sIl ibdwrxh ]

You cheat the consciousness, and pervade the three worlds. You destroy meditation, penance and virtue.

Alp suK Aivq cMcl aUc nIc smwvxh ]

But you give only shallow pleasure, while you make the mortals weak and unsteady; you pervade the high and the low.

qv BY ibmuMicq swD sMgm Et nwnk nwrwiexh ]46]

Your fear is dispelled in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, through the Protection and Support of the Lord. ||46||

soriT mhlw 5 ]

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

kwm k®oD loB JUT inMdw ien qy Awip Cfwvhu ]

<admin-profanity filter activated> desire, anger, greed, falsehood and slander - please, save me from these, O Lord.

ieh BIqr qy ien kau fwrhu Awpn inkit bulwvhu ]1]

Please eradicate these from within me, and call me to come close to You. ||1||

ApunI ibiD Awip jnwvhu ]

You alone teach me Your Ways.

hir jn mMgl gwvhu ]1] rhwau ]

With the Lord's humble servants, I sing His Praises. ||1||Pause||

ibsru nwhI kbhU hIey qy ieh ibiD mn mih pwvhu ]

May I never forget the Lord within my heart; please, instill such understanding within my mind.

guru pUrw ByitE vfBwgI jn nwnk kqih n Dwvhu ]2]3]31]

By great good fortune, servant Nanak has met with the Perfect Guru, and now, he will not go anywhere else. ||2

||3||31||

vwr 6 BweI gurdws jI dI ]

Bhai Gurdaas Jee's 6th Verse:

gurdrSn prSn sPl Cy drSn iek drSn jwxY]

Blessed is the glimpse and the company of the Guru because there only one visualizes God alone in all the six philosophies.

idb idRSt prgws kr lok vyd gur igAwn pCwxY]

Getting enlightened, one identifies the teachings of the Guru even in the secular affairs.

eykw nwrI jqI hoie pr nwrI DI BYx vKwxY]

Having one woman as wife he (the Sikh) is a celebate and considers any other's wife his daughter or a sister.

pr Dn sUAr gwie ijau mkrUh ihMdU muslmwxY]

To covet another man's property is forbidden (to a Sikh) as the swine is to the Muslim and the cow to a Hindu.

GrbwrI gur isK hoie isKw sUqR ml mUqR ivfwxY]

The Sikh being householder abnegates tonsure, the sacred thread (Janeu), etc. and forsakes them like abominable faeces.

pwrbRhm pUrn bRhm gÎwn DÎwn gurisK is\wxY]

The Sikh of the Guru accepts transcendental Lord as the sole fount of higher knowledge and the meditation.

swD sMgq iml pq prvwxY ]ø]

In the congregation of such people any body could become authentic as well as respectable.

vwr 33 BweI gurdws jI dI ]

Bhai Gurdaas Jee's 33rd Verse:

hau AprwDI gunhgwr hau bymuK mMdw]

I am a criminal and sinner without virtue. I am filthy and have turned away from the Guru.

coru Xwru jUAwir hau pr Gir johMdw]

I am a theif, a gangster and a dirty gambler. I frequent brothels.

inµdku dustu hrwmKoru Tgu dys TgMdw]

I am an evil slanderer who leeches off the earnings of others, a thug who travels from place to place stealing and cheating.

kwm kRoD mdu loBu mohu AhMkwru krMdw]

I have filthy thoughts and indulge in the evils of lust, anger, greed, attachment and ego.

ibswsGwqI AikrqGx mY ko n rKMdw]

I am untrustworthy and thankless, nobody gives me shelter.

ismir murIdw FwFIAw siqgur bKsMdw ]òñ]óö] Chant the lords name, poor minstrel, for yo

u have no other support. In this way, the true enlightener will mercifully forgive you.

mÚ 3 ]

Third Mehl:

PrIdw ijn@ loiex jgu moihAw sy loiex mY ifTu ]

Fareed, those eyes which have enticed the world - I have seen those eyes.

kjl ryK n shidAw sy pMKI sUie bihTu ]14]

Once, they could not endure even a bit of mascara; now, the birds hatch their young in them! ||14||

sloku ]

Salok:

kwm k®oD Aru loB moh ibnis jwie AhMmyv ]

<admin-profanity filter activated> desire, anger, greed and emotional attachment - may these be gone, and egotism as well.

nwnk pRB srxwgqI kir pRswdu gurdyv ]1]

Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of God; please bless me with Your Grace, O Divine Guru. ||1||

PLAGERISMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

just kidding..

its there for you to distribute.

for more articles check out http://www.Mkhalsa.Com

hehehe! wkd! i never knew u had a website mKhalsa! I got it from a Singh who knows a Singh who knows a dog.

Ahem.

Anyway, thanks shaster_rani but having a dictionary next to ure keyboard and checking for spelling mistakes is SAD!

But yeh, mKhalsa.com is brilliant! Chardhi kalah!

Anyway, thanks shaster_rani but having a dictionary next to ure keyboard and checking for spelling mistakes is SAD!

As SAD as not actually knowing how to spell?! wkd?! ure?! least i managed to get a dictionary. i suggest you order your copy now from sikhifm.com tongue.giftongue.gif

excuse the off-topic replies. :wub: @

As SAD as not actually knowing how to spell?! wkd?! ure?! least i managed to get a dictionary. i suggest you order your copy now from sikhifm.com tongue.giftongue.gif

excuse the off-topic replies. :D @

Don't you know you should use capital letters at the beginning of sentences? DUH! :wub: ))))

i think kaam means desire

and lust is a type of kaam

but also materialism is another type of kaam

materialism also involves moh

but anyway i think kaam is having any desire other than God

having desires of anything other than the things that Guru Sahib tells us we should have

having desires of anything other than Sikhi, Rehit, Pyar for Sikhi, Naam, Bani, Seva, etc.

that's kaam i think

and i'm reeally really guilty of that..

guru sahib kirpa karan...

stay in chardeekalaajee,

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!