Why Didn't "low-caste" People In India Become Sikh?

Guest Jacfsing2

Its significance is that it is part of our culture. Why are you asking me which people, I have given the example of Sri Ravidas ji as a perfect example. I beg your pardon, I did read why the caste is mentioned in Gurbani. IF you think that I am not aware of the message, then please bless me Kaur ji, and enlighten me to what you are trying to say regarding the Gurbani Sahib ji that I have mentioned. Actually, you yourself probably do not understand what is trying to be said. Caste is real, and that is why bhagats and sants mention their caste in Sikh dharam. Bless you Kaur ji. I have given you a prime example, and you still do not see.

the bhagats professions are mentioned and also why they were shunned for their professions e.g. sain was a butcher, not to give a thumbs up for the manusmriti's manipulations of humans into categories . Guru Nanak Dev Gobind Singh ji made us into complete human beings char varan in one - so please do not use your convoluted views to misrepresent their one jot and our one jot as Guru panth

Its significance is that it is part of our culture. Why are you asking me which people, I have given the example of Sri Ravidas ji as a perfect example. I beg your pardon, I did read why the caste is mentioned in Gurbani. IF you think that I am not aware of the message, then please bless me Kaur ji, and enlighten me to what you are trying to say regarding the Gurbani Sahib ji that I have mentioned. Actually, you yourself probably do not understand what is trying to be said. Caste is real, and that is why bhagats and sants mention their caste in Sikh dharam. Bless you Kaur ji. I have given you a prime example, and you still do not see.

Not IF, Not is the word. I understand what Guru Ji tells us. I don't want your blessings or asked for them. Bless yourself thanks, because they are not blessings, but insults.

I cannot enlighten you, if Gurbani does not enlighten you, then who am I to? Only Guru Ji can do that, but what I do not see is what you do not know.

I don't understand you, that's the right sentence.

Kaur ji I think you are not realizing what I was trying to say. I am equating the body sharir to the caste, not the soul. The bhagat jis have listed their caste because it is real, it is not false. If the truth is hard for you to accept then please do reread the Gurbani Sahib without a bias.

Don't even bother Kaur ji, I have accepted my mistake of trying to learn from a learner herself.

I didn't bother. You did yourself. Jkvlondon penji has explained it appropriately.

First of all, I have no idea what the text which I have italicized means, so if you may fix it for everyone's betterment. Not all castes work that way (regarding the example used by you). I have heard it many times in Gurbani Sahib ji where bhagats regard themselves by their CASTE, NOT LINEAGE. CASTE does exist even in Gurbani Sahib ji. What the difference is is that my beloved Sri Guru Sahib ji preaches equality, which is SATYA. If our dharam was against this, then why is caste even mentioned of people, if it "doesn't exist" or is "man made". Example:

Page 346, Line 3

ਮੇਰੇਰਮਈਏਰੰਗੁਮਜੀਠਕਾਕਹੁਰਵਿਦਾਸਚਮਾਰ ॥੪॥੧॥

Mere ram▫ī▫e rang majīṯẖ kā kaho Raviḏās cẖamār. ||4||1||

The color of my Lord's Love, however, is permanent, like the dye of the madder plant. So says Ravi Daas, the tanner. ||4||1||

Devotee Ravidas

Thanks for the kind words, we can all see what kind of a Sikh you are now. "hum nehi chunge, bura nehi koi" is obviously not what you live by.

God you are dense. Guru sahib used them as examples of WHAT NOT TO DO, do you believe a bull is holding up the earth? LOL it's mentioned in gurbani to show people how stupid and idiotic that view was. So is Caste. If you can't even read the sentence that says "Caste in no longer connected" then maybe it would help if you enrolled in school. Look guys, we were all wrong

Bhagat Bani used it TO EMPHASISE THEIR SOCIAL STRUGGLES. They were forbidden from gaining knowledge of Spirituality, IT WAS AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO THE BRAHMINS, nothing more, the same way there is BANI specifically with a Sakhi behind it. See story of Kalyug the seer. People have thrown quotes and presented Gurbani at you, but you yourself are so stupid you can't face it. Raam is used there, so go worship Vishnu, You're own narrow minded idiocy refuses to study Gurbani deeper but just seem to enjoy parroting whatever someone tells you. Grow a brain, FIND ME ANYWHERE in Gurbani where it says all humans have a caste. So tell me, I'll ask you this once more since you avoided it all the times I asked. In capitals so everyone can see this. WHERE in anyone's DNA (yeah the very thing that Akaal created to DESIGN US) WHERE IT SAYS "this is a *insert caste her* "

LOOK AT THAT NOTHING THERE. So tell me something, you know better than Akaal? lmao.

So tell me, yes or no. Simple answer.

DID ANY OF THE GURU SAHIB'S BODIES HAVE A CASTE???

Could any of the Sangat reading this please Ignore Preet, She's a confused hindu who's successfully called Amrit akin to water.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਾਤਿ ਪਤਿ ਸਚੁ ਸੋਇ ॥: Gurmukhi jaati paati sachu soi (sggs 560).

Every single site on the internet regarding Sikhism, any forum will preach the Caste system is false. Ignore this please. thank you. This will clear it up,

http://www.gurbani.org/articles/webart30.htm

Many mahapurkhs and brahmgyanis of the world have abolished it, she thinks she knows better. So unless she can find physical evidence of caste in the DNA (code of all humans) then she has no proof, but wait here it comes. She knows better. Also just adding this in here.

On a Side note if anyone has experiences with Chandi Di Vaar please PM me. Thank you.

Guest Jacfsing2

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! The biggest question would be is how does your caste actually help you as a person? Caste by itself is meant to divides people to extremes, you may call all castes equal, but that doesn't excuse that the idea of caste by itself destroys the idea of Gurmat in your life. The 4 Hindu Castes: (Brahmin, Khatri, Shudra, and Vaasha), are all gone when you serve Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. He had never said he was only the Guru for one caste or any caste, but rather of all humanity, and not once was Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Ram Das Ji till Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji has any statement been made that he was only the Guru of the Sodhis, but rather all of humanity. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says this:"ਜਾਣਹੁ ਜੋਤਿ ਨ ਪੂਛਹੁ ਜਾਤੀ ਆਗੈ ਜਾਤਿ ਨ ਹੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ जाणहु जोति न पूछहु जाती आगै जाति न हे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ Jāṇhu joṯ na pūcẖẖahu jāṯī āgai jāṯ na he. ||1|| rahā▫o. Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. ||1||Pause||" (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang 349). Not only is there no caste, but there are also no more untouchables in Gurmat! Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Guruji makes it this clear for us:

ਰਾਗੁ ਭੈਰਉ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ਚਉਪਦੇ ਘਰੁ ੧

रागु भैरउ महला ३ चउपदे घरु १

Rāg bẖairo mėhlā 3 cẖa▫upḏe gẖar 1

Rag Bhairo 3rd Guru. Chaupadas.

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ੴ

सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥

Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.

There is but one God. By the True Guru's grace, He is obtained.

ਜਾਤਿ ਕਾ ਗਰਬੁ ਨ ਕਰੀਅਹੁ ਕੋਈ ॥

जाति का गरबु न करीअहु कोई ॥

Jāṯ kā garab na karī▫ahu ko▫ī.

No one should be proud of his caste.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਬਿੰਦੇ ਸੋ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੁ ਹੋਈ ॥੧॥

ब्रहमु बिंदे सो ब्राहमणु होई ॥१॥

Barahm binḏe so barāhmaṇ ho▫ī. ||1||

He alone is a Brahman who knows his Lord.

ਜਾਤਿ ਕਾ ਗਰਬੁ ਨ ਕਰਿ ਮੂਰਖ ਗਵਾਰਾ ॥

जाति का गरबु न करि मूरख गवारा ॥

Jāṯ kā garab na kar mūrakẖ gavārā.

O stupid fool, be thou not proud of thy caste.

ਇਸੁ ਗਰਬ ਤੇ ਚਲਹਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਵਿਕਾਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

इसु गरब ते चलहि बहुतु विकारा ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Is garab ṯe cẖalėh bahuṯ vikārā. ||1|| rahā▫o.

From this pride many sins well up. Pause.

ਚਾਰੇ ਵਰਨ ਆਖੈ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਈ ॥

चारे वरन आखै सभु कोई ॥

Cẖāre varan ākẖai sabẖ ko▫ī.

Every one says there are four castes.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਬਿੰਦ ਤੇ ਸਭ ਓਪਤਿ ਹੋਈ ॥੨॥

ब्रहमु बिंद ते सभ ओपति होई ॥२॥

Barahm binḏ ṯe sabẖ opaṯ ho▫ī. ||2||

But they all proceed from the Lord's seed.

ਮਾਟੀ ਏਕ ਸਗਲ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ ॥

माटी एक सगल संसारा ॥

Mātī ek sagal sansārā.

The whole world is made out of one clay.

ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਭਾਂਡੇ ਘੜੈ ਕੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰਾ ॥੩॥

बहु बिधि भांडे घड़ै कुम्हारा ॥३॥

Baho biḏẖ bẖāʼnde gẖaṛai kumĥārā. ||3||

But the Potter has fashioned it into vessels of many sorts.

ਪੰਚ ਤਤੁ ਮਿਲਿ ਦੇਹੀ ਕਾ ਆਕਾਰਾ ॥

पंच ततु मिलि देही का आकारा ॥

Pancẖ ṯaṯ mil ḏehī kā ākārā.

Meeting together, the five elements make up the body's form.

ਘਟਿ ਵਧਿ ਕੋ ਕਰੈ ਬੀਚਾਰਾ ॥੪॥

घटि वधि को करै बीचारा ॥४॥

Gẖat vaḏẖ ko karai bīcẖārā. ||4||

No one can say that any element is less in one and more in another.

ਕਹਤੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹੁ ਜੀਉ ਕਰਮ ਬੰਧੁ ਹੋਈ ॥

कहतु नानक इहु जीउ करम बंधु होई ॥

Kahaṯ Nānak ih jī▫o karam banḏẖ ho▫ī.

Says Nanak, this soul is fettered by its acts.

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਭੇਟੇ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥੫॥੧॥

बिनु सतिगुर भेटे मुकति न होई ॥५॥१॥

Bin saṯgur bẖete mukaṯ na ho▫ī. ||5||1||

Without meeting the True Guru, it is emancipated not.

SGGS Ji Ang 1127 & Ang 1128

?? Dhan Guru Amar Das Ji