Miserable And Losing Faith - Please Listen

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Dear Online Sadh Sangat Ji,

I’ve been going through a very long rough patch for the past few years; however, I am thankful to Waheguru that this rough patch has also brought me much closer to Waheguru, than I previously was. For the past few years, I have been blessed with naam/Gurbani Jaap most of the waking hours (except when I am sleeping or taking part in work). I can feel that the naam simian has given me some internal strength/perseverance to get through these constant rough patches.

However, in the back of my mind, I have also been hoping that my situation/problem would get better. It’s like I am awaiting for this “night” to pass and see the ‘light at the end of the tunnel.” But what I have noted is that my situation/problem continues to get worse. In addition, other problems have arisen in the areas of family well-being, finances, work situation, to the point my ability to work has been threatened. I feel like that there is no area in my life, which is running smoothly at this time, except I am thankful to have roof over my head and food on the plate at this point. I’ve been doing Ardaas on daily basis for the past few years regarding these issues and I feel like my patience has been tested. I feel my faith is being shaken once more. Not that Waheguru does not exist, but more so, Does Waheguru like/love me? I understand that my past karma/previous lives could be playing a role in current life situation, But I also read in Gurbani that Waheguru will forgive and protect us. I feel like more I ask for protection, the more adversaries I face, to the point I am afraid to even do Ardaas or ask for protection, as I feel ‘opposite’ seems to occur.

I am wondering Is compassionate Waheguru feeling anything for me? What am I doing wrong? I am trying so hard to remain in God’s will, but I’m also just a human with the ability to feel pain/disappointments. I understand that this world is an illusion, but some things are needed to survive while we are still alive. With Waheguru’s blessings, I continue to make an effort to improve the situations; however, tons of hindering factors seem to be in my way, to the point I feel emotionally exhausted and hopeless at times.

I appreciate listening and reading this far.

Dear Online Sadh Sangat Ji,[/size]

I’ve been going through a very long rough patch for the past few years; however, I am thankful to Waheguru that this rough patch has also brought me much closer to Waheguru, than I previously was. For the past few years, I have been blessed with naam/Gurbani Jaap most of the waking hours (except when I am sleeping or taking part in work). I can feel that the naam simian has given me some internal strength/perseverance to get through these constant rough patches.

However, in the back of my mind, I have also been hoping that my situation/problem would get better. It’s like I am awaiting for this “night” to pass and see the ‘light at the end of the tunnel.” But what I have noted is that my situation/problem continues to get worse. In addition, other problems have arisen in the areas of family well-being, finances, work situation, to the point my ability to work has been threatened. I feel like that there is no area in my life, which is running smoothly at this time, except I am thankful to have roof over my head and food on the plate at this point. I’ve been doing Ardaas on daily basis for the past few years regarding these issues and I feel like my patience has been tested. I feel my faith is being shaken once more. Not that Waheguru does not exist, but more so, Does Waheguru like/love me? I understand that my past karma/previous lives could be playing a role in current life situation, But I also read in Gurbani that Waheguru will forgive and protect us. I feel like more I ask for protection, the more adversaries I face, to the point I am afraid to even do Ardaas or ask for protection, as I feel ‘opposite’ seems to occur.

I am wondering Is compassionate Waheguru feeling anything for me? What am I doing wrong? I am trying so hard to remain in God’s will, but I’m also just a human with the ability to feel pain/disappointments. I understand that this world is an illusion, but some things are needed to survive while we are still alive. With Waheguru’s blessings, I continue to make an effort to improve the situations; however, tons of hindering factors seem to be in my way, to the point I feel emotionally exhausted and hopeless at times.

Staying in Hukam is not easy. But what else can you do? Not much really, apart from ask Waheguru for forgiveness of any wrong doing, past life or present.

Waheguru de charn vich karm vi mitjande, je Mehr hojave.

You are trying to hard, pace yourself a bit, and thank them for what you do have. It may not seem much, but there maybe somebody that is worse off than you.

Yesterday I was stressed as I couldn't walk properly because of my health condition and fatigue quickly, but I saw a tall man who had his whole world in a bag on his back. I looked at him from the other side of the mall, and he was just looking at me and smiling. That's when I thought, Waheguru is Bande kol Kuch v nai hai, par fer vi Na koi fikar.

Instead of worrying about your problems, have you tried to get solutions to them ? Have you seen a counsellor? Maybe you should as you are going through a very stressful time. You are probably going through a bad phase which just so happens to be now.

Who knows God has reduced some of the suffering for you as you are doing paat. Gurbani never goes to waste, but we can't see what we are being protected from. It could be worse, even if we don't see it.

God is loving and compassionate and it's our karm that creates the pain. Don't give up, think things will get better.

Guest Gupt

I had a similar situation (Chrons, had to drop out of university) and everything was going downhill, but there are people the world over who suffer more than me, and God is with all of them too. Our history is full of suffering too, but what brought me through was thinking that getting mad at God would do nothing for me, and that even suffering is a gift from him.

I also noticed instead of hoping to get better, thinking whatever God does in His Hukam is best.

Siree Raag, Fifth Mehla:

When you are confronted with terrible hardships, and no one offers you any support,

when your friends turn into enemies, and even your relatives have deserted you,

and when all support has given way, and all hope has been lost

-if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, even the hot wind shall not touch you. ||1||

Our Lord and Master is the Power of the powerless.

He does not come or go; He is Eternal and Permanent. Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, He is known as True. ||1||Pause||

If you are weakened by the pains of hunger and poverty,

with no money in your pockets, and no one will give you any comfort,

and no one will satisfy your hopes and desires, and none of your works is accomplished

-if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, you shall obtain the eternal kingdom. ||2||

When you are plagued by great and excessive anxiety, and diseases of the body;

when you are wrapped up in the attachments of household and family, sometimes feeling joy, and then other times sorrow;

when you are wandering around in all four directions, and you cannot sit or sleep even for a moment

-if you come to remember the Supreme Lord God, then your body and mind shall be cooled and soothed. ||3||

When you are under the power of sexual desire, anger and worldly attachment, or a greedy miser in love with your wealth;

if you have committed the four great sins and other mistakes; even if you are a murderous fiend

who has never taken the time to listen to sacred books, hymns and poetry

-if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, and contemplate Him, even for a moment, you shall be saved. ||4||

Dear Online Sadh Sangat Ji,

1)I am wondering Is compassionate Waheguru feeling anything for me?

2)What am I doing wrong?

3)I am trying so hard to remain in God’s will, but I’m also just a human with the ability to feel pain/disappointments. I understand that this world is an illusion, but some things are needed to survive while we are still alive. With Waheguru’s blessings, I continue to make an effort to improve the situations; however, tons of hindering factors seem to be in my way, to the point I feel emotionally exhausted and hopeless at times.

1)Yes, Wahiguru Akal Purukh is ever loving and compassionate, and you are dear to Him, as each one of us. have no doubt about it.

2) You may not be necessarily wrong now, as the pains and sorrows are our own planted seeds in our countless lives here, the thing is we do not remember. But so we are, who do not even remember what we did ...let us say 3 months ago for example, then, what to say about our past lives.

The Bani is very clear in this: Aapay beejeh, aapay khaae.

Just look at the apaar kirpa and love of Wahiguru upon you, He has blessed you with a human life, for which even devtas and devis long for... so that in spite of your karmas, sanskaras ...you may do enough Bhakti as per Gurmat, and merge in Him.

What else proof of His love, do you need.

3)You do his bhakti without fail, then, He will take care of your swarthee affairs also. So Guest jee, just rejoice and do His barambaar shukur, for His priceless gifts upon you.

I agree, it may seem easy to tell others do this or that, but believe it, it by His Grace also, that He gives His shelter in these hardships, tough times, through His Gursikhs, His Bhagat Janas, and Guru de pyareo well wishers, for mankind and all creatures.

God bless you, guest jee.

Sat Sree Akal.