Singh In Gay Night Club

I hear you, of course diversity is a norm and beautiful. Demonstrations going against accepted norms can often teach us a thing or two. But people can go the other way too and end up accepting all manner of gibberish with their unconditioned 'open minds'.

That's as self-destructive as what you are pointing out - if not more.

People going from one extreme (of hardcore rigidity) to the other (of accepting any weirdness) isn't helpful. Though I can understand the impulse more than ever right now, given recent events back home where extreme, violent intolerance has raised its head again.

And I think the issue of keshdhari Sikh men behaving like clowns isn't a minor one, it's the source of a lot of our communities problems. Okay maybe in Canada, which produces a lot of great comedians - this thing isn't a big deal, or particularly off, but we've got different issues in the UK, serious ones, ones that aren't helped by clown-like (literally) men. This isn't any sort of paranoia neither.

This is exactly what I was thinking but I decided not to mention because examples of self destructive narrow minded self righteous individuals did come to mind.

Edit: its all about balance and not being so open minded and not being a nut and not being so narrow minded that you're destructive.

Just to add further, lets see how would gyani parcharikhs (to name few- gyani kulvant singh ji, bhai ranjit singh ji dhandranwale, gyani pinderpal singh ji) would response if we start seeing too many wanna mastane sikhs in gurmat. They would keep many key gurmat sidhants in mind along with main non duality- address the issue on society general level to keep fine crystal balance by contextualizing many things like in the previous attachment- dane, divane and mastane, providing aspects, context than directly attacking them. This direct name and shame, pure witch haunt is new phenomena came with social media- among new holier than thou sikhs, never existed before in the mainstream nor in gyani parcharikh circle.

I dont know this singh..dont know his inner state of mind, but i would still give him benefit of doubt..you never know guru maharaj can bless anyone. History has glorious example of guru maharaj grace.

This singh was threatened, bullied and verbally attacked on social media, its about time we leave him alone and if you feel this is getting out of hand, approach the parcharikhs to address these issues on general society and maryada level. Anything more like smear or attacks against him on social media has imprints of fascism and none of anyone business.

I don't think we should equate Mastanas who are drenched in the divine remembrance of God with freaks. In the Islamic tradition we see Mansur AL Halaj and Baba Bulle Shah who can be said to be Mastanas. In the Sikh tradition we see examples like Mata Bhaag Kaur jee would can be classified as Mastanas since their Surti was absorbed in Naam so much so they they did not care for the world. It is such Mastanas that the Taksal steek of kirtani sohilla is referring to.

The man in the above picture seems to be a case of mental imbalance and he is in need of help.

A preconceived notion that dancing is mastan behaviour is not a gurmat idea. Where did they come up with this term, 'mastana fakir gurmat', who knows. Your guess is good as mine. Random words joined together trying to prove a wrong into a right, I think so. After joining random words they provide a source that just speaks of mustan to say the premise is correct. There is no correlation whatsoever here, but since Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji is well respected and Gurbani is the highest authority they throw it in the mix to bring validity to their ideology. Hoping the audience is not versed in Gurbani. The Udasi twist Gurbani, where Guru Sahib says Sri Chand turned his back on the Guru. So I am not surprised how the sanatan group till this day has not changed their ways. Sant baba Gurbachan Singh ji gives examples of what he means. But even if he did not give examples anyone with the ability to read and understand Gurbani will not come to the conclusion as the sanatan group has because Gurbani has defined true mastan addressing the dancing fakir who thinks he is mast. I believe here, the person has a difficult time understanding Gurmukhi so he jumps to assumptions. Sant ji from Gurbani gives the example of a mastan, the Brahmgyani does not speak (fixate) of his worldly job. Next tuk is the person who does not worry about his worldly job and is attached to the Gurus feet. Sant ji says these people are mast and priceless.

In india people when speaking about mastan automatically get an image in their mind of a person not caring about his body hygiene, his behavior around different cultures and genders and communities is disrespectful, immature, mockery, and completely absorbed into what their mind wants. Suddenly doing weird movements out of the blue. All this behavior could have several explanations, but it is surely not gurmat. If it was Gurmat, then wild dogs of the world would be our Gurus. In a moment they change their behavior without caring for what's happening around them. They have no sense of right or wrong, pleasing their mind is their primitive objective. Wild dogs are mast (engrossed) in their ways. Attaching this behavior to Gurmat is careless, thoughtless, reckless and arrogant. Gurmat mast is exemplified by Bhai Taru Singh ji when the enemy wanted to cut his hair but he rather have his scalp cut off. Bhai Mani Singh ji was mast when the torturer forgot his job and Bhai Mani Singh ji corrected him and said the judge order to be cut from joint to joint. Bhai kanhaiya ji was mast when he walked into the battlefield helping friend and foe equally.

I would like to agree with you, but his clothing proves that he probably knew where he was going. He has some random balls on his dumalla.

Don't think having balls on a Dumalla equals going out clubbing lol, personally speaking iv seen Sikhs with Nike logos on their Phugs so to speak, its weird. But then agsin more evidence could unearth and point to something else so ill keep my mind open.

Wasnt he the guy who owned the 'glassy junction', in southall for all those yrs, n finally took amrit n got rid of the place. Hes always seen in southall.

Yep it's the same one in the pic. Don't know whether he's took Amrit, but his dress sense has definitely changed from one extreme to another. He likes taking pics with a diversity of people on his fb, even thou I think he looks like an overdone Xmas tree, maybe he thinks it's cool. Apna Style a odha. ?

Pind ch aunde ida, nianea nu khelan vechan ? Swag a.

Did anyone watch Reggie Yates programme on the BBC not so long ago called extreme Uk About Gays in the UK .

Anyway in the programme he went to w night club in London on a gay afro Caribbean night. He mentioned upstairs in the same club there was a gay desi night going on, but they wouldn't let him film it.

While he was talking a Singh with a dastaar and beard walked past him in the club. Reggie Yates actually stopped talking and said something like "there's a Sikh Guy in here who just walked past".

There's also a gay night club in Birmingham called DV8 who apparently do a desi night once a month. Although I hear a lot of straight people also go there, I've heard the stories of Singhs wearing dastaars kissing in the club etc..

Should we be surprised? This is kaljug. There are probably lots of gay sardars who due to family, community scrutiny hide their actual sexuality...

Did anyone watch Reggie Yates programme on the BBC not so long ago called extreme Uk About Gays in the UK .

Anyway in the programme he went to w night club in London on a gay afro Caribbean night. He mentioned upstairs in the same club there was a gay desi night going on, but they wouldn't let him film it.

While he was talking a Singh with a dastaar and beard walked past him in the club. Reggie Yates actually stopped talking and said something like "there's a Sikh Guy in here who just walked past".

There's also a gay night club in Birmingham called DV8 who apparently do a desi night once a month. Although I hear a lot of straight people also go there, I've heard the stories of Singhs wearing dastaars kissing in the club etc..

Should we be surprised? This is kaljug. There are probably lots of gay sardars who due to family, community scrutiny hide their actual sexuality...

We shouldn't be surprised. We've probably had gays in our community from very early on. They've probably just hidden their tendencies and put on a front for 'the community', even getting married and having kids. A certain percentage 'sardars' are either gay or bisexual - that's just how it goes. Same with apneean.

Hell, some of us have probably got closet poofter fathers/uncles and we don't even know it. lol

I knew this apnee who worked in fashion industry (which is full of gay men), and a lot of them were her friends (you know what girls are like with gay men - best buddies... ), anyway she told me that a few of the gay goray were dating Panjabi men. Apparently they had a rep for being macho butch types and very randy...sounds about right.

Here's a question:

If a Sikh male brought up with kesh is gay, and pursues his attractions, should he cut his kesh to avoid associating it with that lifestyle, or should he just continue with it wearing a visual Sikh identity?

PS - My gripe about the guy in the OP was that he was profiling like a clown (literally in his case), not that he was outside a gay club (possibly 'cruising') - which is another issue altogether.