I Havent Seen Mian Mir Ji! But I Have Seen Qadri Gulam Haider Ji!

For me, I've always considered saintliness to encompass more than the physical acting of adhering to a religious path and being firm in its tenets. In my opinion, it includes physical fitness, a restrained yet nourishing diet, a broad knowledge of many subjects not limited to religious do's and dont's, a basic yet incisive grasp on human psychology, etc. Anyone in the modern age who has aspirations of genuinely reaching out to people in order to positively affect others on a spiritual level needs to know their stuff. The days of ill-tempered babeh sitting on stages, admonishing the sangat and adding masaleh to their sakhiyan are long gone. People aren't as trusting or gullible as they use to be.

Truer words have rarely been spoken about these matters (and I'm not trying to 'jock-ride'!).

Truer words have rarely been spoken about these matters (and I'm not trying to 'jock-ride'!).

In many ways, being a religious figure in the truest sense of the word is incredibly difficult, more so in modern times. I can completely appreciate why Dasme Paatshah said it's not enough to know only about your own scriptures. Scoping out the opposition (as well as the non-theist aspect of modern belief systems) is vital.

In many ways, being a religious figure in the truest sense of the word is incredibly difficult, more so in modern times. I can completely appreciate why Dasme Paatshah said it's not enough to know only about your own scriptures. Scoping out the opposition (as well as the non-theist aspect of modern belief systems) is vital.

Sikhs are meant to be all rounders

People aren't as trusting or gullible as they use to be.

I don't know. The gullibility of a lot of apnay and apneean, be it towards some dubious 'Guru' that gets them sterilised; or following deras in general; or the way they blindly jump abroad without any skills and training, thinking they will make a fortune because some agent promised them so; and especially the way quite a few apneaan end up getting sexually used and abused or pimped out (both girls from India and those here in England) makes me think we have a lot of dumbos amongst us without even the most basic commonsense.

I don't know. The gullibility of a lot of apnay and apneean, be it towards some dubious 'Guru' that gets them sterilised; or following deras in general; or the way they blindly jump abroad without any skills and training, thinking they will make a fortune because some agent promised them so; and especially the way quite a few apneaan end up getting sexually used and abused or pimped out (both girls from India and those here in England) makes me think we have a lot of dumbos amongst us without even the most basic commonsense.

Oh, we're cynical and untrusting when it comes to matters of spirituality and faith, but issues of wealth, sex, and general Punjabi degeneracy, and they're all babes in the wood who are supposedly "tricked" into making mistakes.

Oh, we're cynical and untrusting when it comes to matters of spirituality and faith, but issues of wealth, sex, and general Punjabi degeneracy, and they're all babes in the wood who are supposedly "tricked" into making mistakes.

I wouldn't even say that. Our lot routinely jump on bandwagons on matters of faith and spirituality too.

I wouldn't even say that. Our lot routinely jump on bandwagons on matters of faith and spirituality too.

It's a complex issue that has a bit of everything from various categories depending on the type of person involved. My original argument was focused on the average Punjabi for whom Sikhi doesn't play a role in their life on any level. They are more than willing to criticise even decent religious figures, but are unable to recognise their own hypocrisy when it comes to other issues that may not be spiritual or religious, but involve some level of morality and ethics.

It's a complex issue that has a bit of everything from various categories depending on the type of person involved. My original argument was focused on the average Punjabi for whom Sikhi doesn't play a role in their life on any level. They are more than willing to criticise even decent religious figures, but are unable to recognise their own hypocrisy when it comes to other issues that may not be spiritual or religious, but involve some level of morality and ethics.

Well, how many of those that overtly and loudly demonstrate their faith in various ways, are really engaging in some sort of tribal allegiance thing, within the panth. Sure, someone may robotically follow rehat, and surround themselves with people of a similar mind, but when it comes to confronting the big bad world, they lose all their bollox and conveniently (not to mention cowardly) duck facing all the social issues in the panth on some pretext or another (usually with the 'they are Panjabi - not Sikh, so they don't matter' argument). All the grooming, rampant casteism, alcoholism, domestic violence, drug addiction and all that good stuff doesn't exist for them because they live in a bubble. But come any sort of even mild controversy over some historical text or making ineffectual protests, they are aggressively at the forefront like lions.

If this giddhurfied detachment from your own people is what constitutes religious/spiritual purity, I'd give it a miss.

Right! I got that off my chest. lol

In the first video titled "zafarnama", around 22mins, qadriji says something about sesame seeds, oil and an arm. I've heard my dad say this in the past. Not sure what qadri meant by "afwah". I assume hes saying its false.

Can someone please explain? Thank you