Sign in to follow this  
InderjitS

Jagraj Singh On Beeb This Sunday @ 10am

I just pray he doesn't come off as another Sikh nostalgic for an empire that wasn't even his own people's.

He's ex-army, so there might be an extension of that. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he'll be considered with his opinions.

He's ex-army, so there might be an extension of that. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he'll be considered with his opinions.

It's bad enough white people get all dewy eyed about their empire without our lot implicitly supporting this.

I saw Jugraj telling some black guy in Cali that he wasn't proud of the Sikh role in the empire, let's see if he genuinely meant that or was just reacting to that guys criticism. It'll be pretty rubbish if he's saying one thing to one set of people and the complete opposite to another.

• Like 1

I'm kind of tired of the British Raj stuff, I don't know what can be gained from this with the constant reflection. It's only useful if there is something to be learnt from it.

• Like 2

I'm kind of tired of the British Raj stuff, I don't know what can be gained from this with the constant reflection. It's only useful if there is something to be learnt from it.

to be sure they'll try to sneak in Kohinoor question ...

Who cares about Kohinoor, it's just a rock.. Why be bothered with that issue when we can reflect on phat instead, or help people??

Yeah, we should all focus on phat.

big-phat-beats-musical-images-vol-62.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, we should all focus on phat.

big-phat-beats-musical-images-vol-62.jpg

Lol ur at it again. Eh phat ki hunda. Paat/paath kende hunde. Edited by simran345
  • Like 1

The problems with glorifying the British raj are legion, not least of all the way it sort of gives a subtle justification to the indigenous British public to support their own ruling classes with modern day attempts to colonise or attack other nations, which is clearly having disastrous consequences these days - both in those countries and in the west too.

Given that the nations usually attacked these days are oil-rich Muslim countries, such foreign interventionism play a big part in bolstering and feeding resentment which increases the instances of terrorist retaliation. This in turn leads to attacks on Sikhs because they look so much like the people that get demonised via the media, be that because they are simply brown, or misidentified because of dastaars and dharis.

Then we have the whole issue of the legacy of the raj for Sikhs and Panjabis in general, with partition (and the loss of numbers and displacement it caused), and the loss of sovereignty and independence that effects us in numerous ways to this day.

It looks dodgy too, looking from the outside, it's like uncle Toms saying: "Massa wuz so goood to us, I wish massa was still in charge. We had it so good under him."

Would any self-respecting people really be nostalgic about being conquered and colonised?

Edited by dallysingh101
  • Like 2

I was thinking the same. What is phat exactly?

I guess she likes being pulled up on it ...

english rules it becomes phat = fat

transliteration rules phat = faffa kanna tainka = fat

There is no fun in being colonized or conquered. In previous centuries nations were colonized with the help of armies, present day colonization is different. Nowadays, media plays a vital role when conquering peoples' minds and how they live. Conquering people's minds into submission or subjugation has far reaching and highly damaging results. For instance, people are mimicking the west without questioning or reasoning. They are losing their ethnic/national identities in trying to fit in with global/one identity, which is a sole creation of New World Order. Soon there will be one religion too to fit in with the NWO.

• Like 2

There is no fun in being colonized or conquered. In previous centuries nations were colonized with the help of armies, present day colonization is different. Nowadays, media plays a vital role when conquering peoples' minds and how they live. Conquering people's minds into submission or subjugation has far reaching and highly damaging results. For instance, people are mimicking the west without questioning or reasoning. They are losing their ethnic/national identities in trying to fit in with global/one identity, which is a sole creation of New World Order. Soon there will be one religion too to fit in with the NWO.

no chance of NWO succeeding whilst Guru ji's Khalsa is pargat on prithvi...that is why they are trying hard to bury our problems and us behind other media dross

Edited by jkvlondon
  • Like 1

no chance of NWO succeeding whilst Guru ji's Khalsa is pargat on prithvi...that is why they are trying hard to bury our problems and us behind other media dross

It's true, we are almost like non-entities on their radar.

I think things like attacking Anand Karaj are part and parcel of trying to dilute Sikh identity/space to weaken the community so we fall in line with their bigger scheme.

• Like 1