Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InderjitS

Jagraj Singh On Beeb This Sunday @ 10am

98 posts in this topic

I just pray he doesn't come off as another Sikh nostalgic for an empire that wasn't even his own people's.

I just pray he doesn't come off as another Sikh nostalgic for an empire that wasn't even his own people's.

He's ex-army, so there might be an extension of that. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he'll be considered with his opinions.

He's ex-army, so there might be an extension of that. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he'll be considered with his opinions.

It's bad enough white people get all dewy eyed about their empire without our lot implicitly supporting this.

I saw Jugraj telling some black guy in Cali that he wasn't proud of the Sikh role in the empire, let's see if he genuinely meant that or was just reacting to that guys criticism. It'll be pretty rubbish if he's saying one thing to one set of people and the complete opposite to another.

1 person likes this

I'm kind of tired of the British Raj stuff, I don't know what can be gained from this with the constant reflection. It's only useful if there is something to be learnt from it.

2 people like this

I'm kind of tired of the British Raj stuff, I don't know what can be gained from this with the constant reflection. It's only useful if there is something to be learnt from it.

Indeed, and it is irrelevant to do charcha about what to be proud of (as a Sikh), since pride is one of the 5 dukhs mentioned in Sikhi.

to be sure they'll try to sneak in Kohinoor question ...

to be sure they'll try to sneak in Kohinoor question ...

Who cares about Kohinoor, it's just a rock.. Why be bothered with that issue when we can reflect on phat instead, or help people??

1 person likes this

Who cares about Kohinoor, it's just a rock.. Why be bothered with that issue when we can reflect on phat instead, or help people??

Yeah, we should all focus on phat.

big-phat-beats-musical-images-vol-62.jpg

1 person likes this

Yeah, we should all focus on phat.

big-phat-beats-musical-images-vol-62.jpg

Lol ur at it again. Eh phat ki hunda. Paat/paath kende hunde. Edited by simran345
1 person likes this

Lol ur at it again. Eh phat ki hunda. Paat/paath kende hunde.

I was thinking the same. What is phat exactly?

1 person likes this

The problems with glorifying the British raj are legion, not least of all the way it sort of gives a subtle justification to the indigenous British public to support their own ruling classes with modern day attempts to colonise or attack other nations, which is clearly having disastrous consequences these days - both in those countries and in the west too.

Given that the nations usually attacked these days are oil-rich Muslim countries, such foreign interventionism play a big part in bolstering and feeding resentment which increases the instances of terrorist retaliation. This in turn leads to attacks on Sikhs because they look so much like the people that get demonised via the media, be that because they are simply brown, or misidentified because of dastaars and dharis.

Then we have the whole issue of the legacy of the raj for Sikhs and Panjabis in general, with partition (and the loss of numbers and displacement it caused), and the loss of sovereignty and independence that effects us in numerous ways to this day.

It looks dodgy too, looking from the outside, it's like uncle Toms saying: "Massa wuz so goood to us, I wish massa was still in charge. We had it so good under him."

Would any self-respecting people really be nostalgic about being conquered and colonised?

Edited by dallysingh101
2 people like this

I was thinking the same. What is phat exactly?

I guess she likes being pulled up on it ...

english rules it becomes phat = fat

transliteration rules phat = faffa kanna tainka = fat

There is no fun in being colonized or conquered. In previous centuries nations were colonized with the help of armies, present day colonization is different. Nowadays, media plays a vital role when conquering peoples' minds and how they live. Conquering people's minds into submission or subjugation has far reaching and highly damaging results. For instance, people are mimicking the west without questioning or reasoning. They are losing their ethnic/national identities in trying to fit in with global/one identity, which is a sole creation of New World Order. Soon there will be one religion too to fit in with the NWO.

2 people like this

There is no fun in being colonized or conquered. In previous centuries nations were colonized with the help of armies, present day colonization is different. Nowadays, media plays a vital role when conquering peoples' minds and how they live. Conquering people's minds into submission or subjugation has far reaching and highly damaging results. For instance, people are mimicking the west without questioning or reasoning. They are losing their ethnic/national identities in trying to fit in with global/one identity, which is a sole creation of New World Order. Soon there will be one religion too to fit in with the NWO.

no chance of NWO succeeding whilst Guru ji's Khalsa is pargat on prithvi...that is why they are trying hard to bury our problems and us behind other media dross

Edited by jkvlondon
1 person likes this

no chance of NWO succeeding whilst Guru ji's Khalsa is pargat on prithvi...that is why they are trying hard to bury our problems and us behind other media dross

It's true, we are almost like non-entities on their radar.

I think things like attacking Anand Karaj are part and parcel of trying to dilute Sikh identity/space to weaken the community so we fall in line with their bigger scheme.

1 person likes this

I wish they had really put their foot down and demanded to wear turbans in public on the streets of Paris. No one is permitted to wear their religious symbols out there. Their law dictates that. Countries can pass such laws and stop people from looking different from each other as far as their dress is concerned. There is no place for individuality in the New World Order programming.

I wish they had really put their foot down and demanded to wear turbans in public on the streets of Paris. No one is permitted to wear their religious symbols out there. Their law dictates that. Countries can pass such laws and stop people from looking different from each other as far as their dress is concerned. There is no place for individuality in the New World Order programming.

Yeah, but it's not like France isn't getting its own karmic backlash from these control freak policies of theirs (sadly).

Bottom line for us:

The British raj has gone from Panjab, but the psychological legacy it has left on certain brothers and sisters in inferiority complexes still lives on. This needs to be addressed and rectified and not perpetuated onto future generations.

2 people like this

Bro theres no point discussing/mentioning NWO/secret societies/13 bloodlines of the Illuminati on sikhsangat, most ppl here will just laugh/mock u, bcoz they think its all bollox conspiracies, without doing any research. The american presidency itself is all a sham too. The president is selected, NOT elected.

Edited by StarStriker
1 person likes this

How? Ask anyone in Punjab where would they like to live and the answer is 'vallayt' within a blink of an eyelid. They love the Angrez lok so much that there is no way they can ever stop looking up to them. It is not very nice to talk like this 'cos I know it amounts to ninda. The fact of the matter is that, our people have been demoralized and brainwashed for far too long and it is hard for them to rise again without falling over again and again. Some still maintain their previous generations enjoyed a better quality of life under the British Raj than under the Hindu one. The Angrez liked them and they got paid properly for their work when they were ruling. I believe them, who am I to negate what they say, I wasn't even born then? When they colonized the world, they were very successful in instilling the inferiority complex into the minds of those they colonized. They were humiliated into believing that their ways of thinking, worshipping, behaving, dressing and speaking were too uncivilized, therefore, they needed to be colonized by superior races to bring them in line with the civilized West. They were indoctrinated so powerfully that the imprints have survived well into the twenty-first century. They are doing the same now by indoctrinating the masses to bring them in line with the NWO which is reaching almost a near completion now. Everyone is just jumping on the band wagon without hesitation because they don't want to be left out and be marginalized. Soon there will be only one human race with one culture, language and religion. No one will have the time, money or initiative to be different.

I wanted to edit the above post after submitting it but it won't allow.

I think the reason why there is a "perceived inferiority complex" is because at this current moment in time, the Brits and the west do better in general than the east.

They govern better, they have a rule of law, they tend to have better cohesion. They may have robbed and looted but they used that loot to improve their condition, living standards, quality of life.

We can blame the Brits all we want, but that is not going to get you anywhere.

We have cultural flaws that had enabled the conquest. We should address those issues.

An example I can provide of how the blacks have great resentment over the white man over slavery. Many African Americans have gone to west Africa to see where their ancestors were and what did they discover? That Africans were involved in the slave trade, they were betrayed by their own.

1 person likes this

We have cultural flaws that had enabled the conquest. We should address those issues.

Interesting point.

What do you think they are?